SE

Re: Oak Hill Vs. Waterford

Post by 91blue14 »

oaks in blow out city :lol:

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

One thing, Oak Hills big men are terrible, Cunningham will tear them alive, and Strahler will light it up again because Oak Hill is very lazy

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Regulator wrote:I think Oak Hills challenging schedule will get them through this one. Cunningham will get his but I think Oak Hill takes what really matters here..the win.

Those SOC teams you talk about are in D3 and D2 the only ones in D4 are Oak Hill and Webster. You put Wheelersburg, Valley , Minford, or Waverly in D4 they would be playing in the Districts Finals.[/quote]

Yeah, you are right, that is because D4 as a whole is very weak in SE Ohio. My point is, Oak Hill did not play that challenging of a schedule. Ok, Ok, The SOC 2 was great. lol. However look at the non league schedule they played. NOT SO GREAT. I believe none of their non league teams made it out of sectionals.
I am not saying Oak Hill is not a good or great team. I just think they will have to play much better if they want to make it out of districts. I will give the edge to Oak Hill because Norm always seems to get it done. Another point, they better get it done this year, because next year they will be back in D 3 and it will be very good next year. Can't see them beating Piketon, Zane Trace, Westfall, Fairland, Chesapeake, Ironton, etc.....[/quote]

I agree i dont think they will win the SOC next year let alone make it out of the Districts in D3.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

I have to agree with class0f86. You guys can preach to me all day about a state ranking and how good they were throughout the season but I've seen them play their last two games and they are NOT as good as everyone is saying. They very well may have lit it up throughout the season, BUT they aren't in the tournament. And let me tell you this Waterford team is on a mission led by a 6'11" GIANT who's out to prove he can play d-1 basketball somewhere. The Waterford team I've seen the last two weeks could MURDER the Waterford team I saw play 2 or 3 times in the regular season. If Oak Hill plays the zone they played against Fairfield, Strahler tears them apart from the 3pt line. And Cunningham dominates on inside like always.

BASKETBALL IS A STREAKY GAME. WATERFORD IS ON FIRE. OAK HILL IS COLDER THAN ICE.
State Rankings don't mean jack.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

OAK HILL!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If Dj stays on the paced of 30 ppg 20 rebounds 7 blocks how can anyone beat them.He has been a beast as of late a different player then earlier in the year.

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

gh123 wrote:Waterford by 20. Oak Hill was TERRIBLE tonight and last week when I saw them. I just dont see the hype and how they have won so many games. Seems to me if a team has a real inside prescence(WATERFORD) or some great outside shooting...that they could pick Oak Hill apart piece by piece. The only reason Oak Hill didnt get blown out was because number 21 shot 1.000 percent from the floor. They're "big man" couldnt make a layup. I'm just not feeling the hype. Go Cats!

gh123, I can't wait for you to eat your words. Oak Hill had their worst game of the year, by far, and still lead almost the entire game. You will not see that Oak Hill team again. As far as Waterford beating us by 20, your stupid. See you at the convo. Difference is, my team is still there and yours isn't(or maybe Waterford is your new team), but you still want to run that suck of yours about how terrible Oak Hill is. The rest of you Oak Hill haters, come watch the beatdown of the "great" Cunningham Wildcats. It should be fun for the whole family!!!!!

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

classof86 wrote:One thing, Oak Hills big men are terrible, Cunningham will tear them alive, and Strahler will light it up again because Oak Hill is very lazy

Classof86, your stupid comments very end, do they. Come see how terrible our big men are against the great Cunningham.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

LetItRide wrote:
gh123 wrote:Waterford by 20. Oak Hill was TERRIBLE tonight and last week when I saw them. I just dont see the hype and how they have won so many games. Seems to me if a team has a real inside prescence(WATERFORD) or some great outside shooting...that they could pick Oak Hill apart piece by piece. The only reason Oak Hill didnt get blown out was because number 21 shot 1.000 percent from the floor. They're "big man" couldnt make a layup. I'm just not feeling the hype. Go Cats!

gh123, I can't wait for you to eat your words. Oak Hill had their worst game of the year, by far, and still lead almost the entire game. You will not see that Oak Hill team again. As far as Waterford beating us by 20, your stupid. See you at the convo. Difference is, my team is still there and yours isn't(or maybe Waterford is your new team), but you still want to run that suck of yours about how terrible Oak Hill is. The rest of you Oak Hill haters, come watch the beatdown of the "great" Cunningham Wildcats. It should be fun for the whole family!!!!!

My team is still very much alive at the Convo, thank you. And Oak Hill very well could have played a terrible game, but Fairfield was playing way worse. They were terrrrible...and played the most terrible defense I've seen all year. Looks to me like Oak Hills NUMBER 1 priority is getting it to number 44 on the inside and they'd rather turn the ball over than shoot it when its not in his hands. Last night, he couldn't make a layup when he was guarded by a 6'3" kid who played terrible defense... are you telling me he's going to light it up against a 6'11" monster that will block everything that comes his way? In your dreams.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Most asinine thing ever posted on PREPS:

You put Wheelersburg, Valley , Minford, or Waverly in D4 they would be playing in the Districts Finals.

Well, frakkin' duh!!! because then they would be D3 teams playing in D4!

As a wise old coach once said to me, "... and if your aunt had balls, she would be your uncle!"

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

37pts 27 boards v Southern
30pts 25 boards v Trimble
35pts 15 boards v Manchester
:122246 As long as Waterford keeps feeding him, the big dog will eat!

Seems like the 'Cats have settled into their roles and are worried only about advancing... bad news for rest of D4! This is the TEAM everyone was expecting to see all season long - way to get it going! Make Washington County Proud! :12223

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Oaks by 8...

sleepy floyd
Riding the Bench

Post by sleepy floyd »

Oaks in a close one you have to think norm will be the difference.

browns4ever
Waterboy

Post by browns4ever »

I don't know anything about this matchup, but am I reading correctly? DJ will be facing off against JD? Seems like we are having a bizzaro basketball game. Are these teams exact opposites? :lol:

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

southern,trimble,manchester are not oak hill :122246

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

gh123 wrote:
LetItRide wrote:

My team is still very much alive at the Convo, thank you. And Oak Hill very well could have played a terrible game, but Fairfield was playing way worse. They were terrrrible...and played the most terrible defense I've seen all year. Looks to me like Oak Hills NUMBER 1 priority is getting it to number 44 on the inside and they'd rather turn the ball over than shoot it when its not in his hands. Last night, he couldn't make a layup when he was guarded by a 6'3" kid who played terrible defense... are you telling me he's going to light it up against a 6'11" monster that will block everything that comes his way? In your dreams.

We will see what the 6'11 160 lb monster does against the Oaks. He better have lots of help outside. Keep talking the great Waterford "Wonders" up. I think Ohio State was there looking at Cunningham last night or was it the Cleveland Cavs?

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

warriiorfan wrote:37pts 27 boards v Southern
30pts 25 boards v Trimble
35pts 15 boards v Manchester
:122246 As long as Waterford keeps feeding him, the big dog will eat!

Seems like the 'Cats have settled into their roles and are worried only about advancing... bad news for rest of D4! This is the TEAM everyone was expecting to see all season long - way to get it going! Make Washington County Proud! :12223

They better take note of Cody Strahler also, as he went off for 31 points also last night.
Note for anyone watching Waterford in the first half of this season, this isn't the same team by a long shot........

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

This could be an interesting contest, I will take Oak Hill by 5

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

You know I have seen many people in the past hype up their team to be the greatest thing ever and they lose in the tournament. Fort Frye is a great example. Over on the huddle they were hyping up themselves to be the greatest thing ever. They lost in Sectional finals to Buckeye Trail who they beat by 30 and 25 earlier in the year. We all know that the Waterford vs. Oak Hill game will be a great one. But all this nonsense about an easy victory is rediculous. This won't be an easy game for either team.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Manchester had 2 6'5'' players that couldnt handle Cunningham and those 2 guys are better than the 2 that Oak Hill has.

Return to “Boys Basketball”