Oak Hill Vs. Waterford

who wins?

Total votes: 0

bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: Oak Hill Vs. Waterford

Post by bleed_blue »

BALLER1 wrote:I think that Oak Hills zone defense will push Cunningham out away from the basket. Their length will affect Waterfords shots from outside. Waterford will have to contain Ondrea, as he can go off at any minute. The Oakes are big and can play physical, from what I saw, DJ doesnt handle physical play that well. I look for Oak Hill to try to get under his skin. I dont think Norm will let two players beat him, DJ may get his but #24 will have a harder time going for 31 as he did against Manchester. Good Luck to both teams! This should be a regional semi game, not a district finals!

I agree if Waterford is to beat Oak Hill they will have to shoot well from outside. Oak Hill is a zone team and will pack it in tight. Oak Hill isn't that great of a man team and the Hale kid could get into some foul trouble in man defense.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I dont see Cunningham getting pushed out of the paint, and even if he does then he will nail the fifteen footer. Cunningham is the best player in the district and he will not be denied by Oak Hill.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

I'm pulling for Waterford, but I fear that the (Jackson Imports) at guard may be the difference. As the tourney moves forward - the teams with the better overall guard play usually move on.

You folks can talk about the bigs all you want, but this game will be decided by the guys handling the ball out front. - Advantage - Jackson (I mean Oak Hill)!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

does oak hill have some transfers or something?

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Oak Hill lives on transfers. The starting five for Waterford have been there since elementary. Most of the Waterford team has. But anyway back to the game, Cunningham has not been stopped by a zone all year so I don't see why he would be now. And #24 is Strahler and he will be lighting it up from outside. I think Waterford matches up well with Oak Hill and I will give them the advantage in this game. GO CATS!!!!!!!

the ultimator
Waterboy

Post by the ultimator »

classof86 wrote:I dont see Cunningham getting pushed out of the paint, and even if he does then he will nail the fifteen footer. Cunningham is the best player in the district and he will not be denied by Oak Hill.

Agree Cunningham is a dead-eye at 15 foot watch out

thefunpolice
Waterboy

Post by thefunpolice »

Oh yeah, Oak Hill lives on transfers. We had two guys move in 2 years ago and we live on transfers. Dont talk about things you no nothing about the rest of the team has been there since birth. Grow up, every school at some point has a transfer. Go OAKS!

thefunpolice
Waterboy

Post by thefunpolice »

Oh is 15 feet as far as Cunningham can go? JD is a dead eye at 20 feet!

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

The 4 games I've seen Waterford play this season I have seen Cunningham take three pointers in warmups but never yet in a game. Anyone think the big man will be making a trifecta or two?

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

You must factor for Oak Hill that for the two games have played sloppy, it's been in a 18 day period. Any team, at any division, would struggle to play an amazing game or up to their capability in that long of a stretch.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Isn't it funny how people can see a team once or twice on the year and become an expert on that team? Oak Hill probably is not as bad as they have looked the last two games, and I am sure that Waterford is probably not as good as they have seemed the last two games or they wouldn't have lost any games on the year. Good thing they will play the game on Saturday. It will be interesting to see who has the guts to admit it when they are proven wrong.

I also find it interesting how many on here complain about transfers, until their team gets one. Then, of course, it is just fine. The same people who cry about transfers all the time, will defend them when one shows up at their school. Don't deny it because you know it is true!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Borden and Ondera will carry the Oaks by 11

As for the ridiculous comments about Fairfield.......their coach said they executed their gameplan better than any game all year.

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

thefunpolice wrote:Oh yeah, Oak Hill lives on transfers. We had two guys move in 2 years ago and we live on transfers. Dont talk about things you no nothing about the rest of the team has been there since birth. Grow up, every school at some point has a transfer. Go OAKS!

Sounds a little defensive.
Ironman92 wrote:Borden and Ondera will carry the Oaks by 11

sleepy floyd
Riding the Bench

Post by sleepy floyd »

Oaks will win this and yes they have transfers but all schools get kids from other schools. A few years ago know one cared about OH b-ball win a few games and everyone wants to throw stones.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Best of luck to Coach Persin and the Oak Hill Oaks.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

It never ceases to amaze me how posters for some schools rationalize the daylights about their "poor play" in the tournament, especially multiple games in a row.

I'd really like these folks to explain exactly what their team is going to do differently going into their third game in the tournament that is going to change their "poor play" and make them beat a team that has played "better than they actually are" (boy, I love these kind of comments!) and will come down to play at the level that some uninformed poster feels that the team should actually be playing.........

And, once the game is played, and their team is defeated, they will either disappear, or continue to rationalize why they got beat, and not give credit to their opponent. Some people on here are laughable, at best......

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Ive seen both teams play late this season. Oak Hill hasnt been playing up to their norm. Waterford is on a hot streak. Wont argue either of these facts. Hot streaks and cold streaks have been known to end in a moment, even in the middle of a game. Oak Hill by 3.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Oak Hill by 10.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Waterford peaking at the right time. Sounds like Oak Hill peaked early. Wildcats by 4.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

The ride continues.
Waterford 68
Oak Hill 62

Return to “Boys Basketball”