Oak Hill Vs. Waterford

who wins?

Total votes: 0

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: Oak Hill Vs. Waterford

Post by rickoshay »

So much outright hate over a high school basketball game.
Can't we all just get along until the game is over, then the losers fans can do their usual rant about how "we got cheated" by the ref's.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

and the chant that I hate the most will be chanted at that will be....overrated, overrated.

That chant makes no sense to me, by saying that you are saying that you basically beat a team that isn't any good. Wouldn't you want to say that you beat a good team.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Ive been pretty entertained by all of this.
Oh and pulling the girls team into this was great too. They have a thread for that, maybe you should check it out if you want to bash Oak Hill some more because we pretty much dominate there too.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Will Oak Hill go back to D-III this year?

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Yeah as of next year Im pretty sure we're going back to D-III
Yay no more private schools!

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

oak_a_holic wrote:Yeah as of next year Im pretty sure we're going back to D-III
Yay no more private schools!

yeah, and it will be a lot tougher to advance out of the sectionals.

More depth in D3 in SE ohio compared to D4 in SE ohio. But that is next year and this is this year.

I will stick with the prediction of

Oak Hill 55

Waterford 50.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Yeah but once you get to state its a tad easier.
Getting in the final four in D-III is tough

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Kenny Bixx wrote:They might RENT in OH but they dont live in OH. If selling your soul for a state championship is worth it, good for you. When South Webster, Chillicothe, and Alexander Volleyball won their state titles, there were more whispers of shame than there were shouts of praise. Good Luck.

I may be an idiot, but I have my integrity.

Kenny Bixx. After reading some of your trash you are posting on here, how can you say you have integrity? You make the rest of us from Vinton County feel ashamed. Please stop using kids names when you post on here. You are breaking the rules. That is probably why you are under a new user name. This is a Oak Hill & Waterford blog. Please stay on subject.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

If Oak Hill is going back to D3 next year I would really be proud of beating up on smaller schools. I can't wait to see how they do next year.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

They played in a District Championship game 3 years ago in DIII with a team that no one gave a chance to get out of the Sectionals. I can't wait until tomorrow! Is it basketball thirty yet?

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

One thing about all the trash talk on here the convo should be full. Unlike Monday when there weren't many people there. I read on here something about most people posting were over 30. Looking at the student sections on Monday I would say your right. I would be happy you have all these fans over 30 so the place isn't empty. It is district finals in the convo, what else do the students have to do. I expect to see all 4 student sections full and cheering.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

classof86 wrote:If Oak Hill is going back to D3 next year I would really be proud of beating up on smaller schools. I can't wait to see how they do next year.

Why are you so ignorant?
I've pretty much had it with all your asinine statements.
Either wise up and face the facts or shut up

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

This game should be one of the better ones to be played on Saturday. Both teams are sound, well coached teams. Both have their weakness and strong points. I can't see how any team gets to this point by being bad. This one is too close to call. After all, these are teenagers, who are playing in one of their biggest games of their lives. Both teams have a loyal fan base and are very proud of their schools, quick to defend their players. Good to see fans backing their school. Expect a very large crowd. I am pulling for the Oaks, but good luck to both teams. To the seniors who end up on the losing side, have fun, you have nothing to be ashamed of. A lot of teams never make it this far. You will always look back on this game for years to come. Hope you have a injury free and competive game. :-D :-D 1974 Viking

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

^^^^ That has been the best post over this entire topic!!

People need to quit whining around about he said she said, and just go and support your team. What does Tressel say? Be Loud and Be Proud!!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I think I am more pumped to watch this game than the Eastern Southern game

browns4ever
Waterboy

Post by browns4ever »

I cannot believe that Waterford would be favored in this matchup. I wouldn't put any money on them and whoever would is borderline insane. I would definitely say that a WHS win would be considered an upset, however well they are playing right now. To say that the Oaks can "flip a switch" is not giving their opponents their due. Some teams match up better with others. That doesn't mean that the Oaks were playing bad. They did what it takes to win, don't make excuses for them past that.

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

I think everyone needs to chill out a little bit. Most people on here now aren't even from Waterford or Oak Hill. I know alot of Oak Hill fans and they are classy people. Waterford is a very classy place and I think this thing is getting out of hand. Seems like last year went down the tubes because I know the Waterford fans were rooting for Oak Hill in regionals last year and I know Oak Hill was doing the same for Waterford. Lets stay classy and the people that have no business being on here LEAVE!!!

browns4ever
Waterboy

Post by browns4ever »

I'm sure Oak Hill fans are classy, but watching basketball games where one team is stacked with "transfers" is a little irritating. I know people move on their own free will, but more than two is a pattern. Especially in the exploding region of southern Ohio. You can't complain that private schools recruit and have an advantage in one breath (and are happy to go to D III) and then say that people are jealous of your ability to attract top basketball talent. That makes you hypocrites. Hypocrites who win basketball games, and probably advance far in this year's tournament, but hypocrites nonetheless.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

gh123 who has shown interest in bringing DJ to their program.

gotta love it when kids make it to college :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”