Oak Hill Vs. Waterford

who wins?

Total votes: 0

classof86
All State

Re: Oak Hill Vs. Waterford

Post by classof86 »

Oak Hill fans have nothing to be on here bragging about. They didn't win this game, Waterford lost it. Cunningham was a man on defense tonight but couldnt get anything to fall on offense. Congrats to Oak Hill on the win, good luck to Cunningham and the other seniors with whatever they go on to do now. Good Luck Oak Hill.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nothing to brag about?

Cunningham was averaging 37 ppg...he scored 6

3 straight district titles

They held a team to fewer points than they won by the previous game.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Classof86, you are truly an idiot.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

averaging 37? in your friggin dreams.

lew
Riding the Bench

Post by lew »

he had scored 112 in 3 playoff games

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

my bad....37.3 in his previous 3 tourney games

It's interesting that many said how pitiful Fairfield was....and now Waterford was pitiful. Again, Fairfield's coach said that was their best execution of a gameplan they have had all year.

At what point does Oak Hill's defense have a part in it?

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Oak Hills defense is very good

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

This game has to be credited to the Oak defense. I really think both teams didn't play their best game and no buckets were falling for either team. The Oaks had a way better game plan than the Cats did which showed tremendously. As soon as the Oaks got a lead of about 5 or 7 they stalled which the Cats had no clue what to do. With a team of Oak Hill's size they were able to colapse on Cunningham and it seemed like everyone else had no idea what to do. This game was really strange because Waterford normally struggles against man D and they tear apart zones. Oak Hill is a very good team and I hope they go far in the tournament. The Cats did prove quite a few people wrong this year when they weren't expected to win many games due to the loss of six great seniors last year. They played their hearts out and I know the community of Waterford is very proud. Congrats to the seniors D.J., Brad, Cody S.,Cody H., and Matt. The ride was fun while it lasted. Also good luck to Coach Simms and the boys next year and congrats on the season. Good luck to Oak Hill throughout the tournament. You guys play hard you will get to state which I think you will.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

As an unbiased observer, with no ties to either school, here are a few observations.

I find it interesting that there is one ref out there doing a district game, that I don't think did a handful of H.S. games this year, but maybe he just went outside of Athens county and did a bunch of games??? :roll:

Anyway, the refs "let them play", which was clearly in Oak Hill's favor, as well as D.J.'s. Oak Hill's overall size created problems for Waterford, and the Waterford guards would not take a shot when they were open. I agree with the comments, Waterford is way too one/two dimensional, and it cost them today.

I have to give Cunningham credit, he played his butt off and kept his head. No attitude. Waterford's offensive scheme was shutdown by Oak Hill, my credit to OH's coaches.

Now, first half, it was 16-13 OH, and the foul count was 5 for Oak Hill, and 2 for Waterford (both Cunningham). There were no foul shots taken until about 4 minutes left in the game, after Waterford was forced to foul. My count shows OH going 5 for 9. Waterford was 0-3, on Strahler's out-of-control 3 point attempt. The inconsistency of calls hurt both teams, but I feel that it hurt Waterford more, especially when the guards penetrated, got hammered, and no call. Then the refs would call a ticky-tack foul when teams were bringing the ball up the court. :roll:

Waterford - 2 points in the third, 7 points in the fourth quarter. That was the game. I must give Oak Hill full credit for the outcome, they came in with a game plan, stuck to it, and hit their open shots. Otherwise, Cunningham was swatting shots away like killing flys at a July 4th picnic.

Oh, and the refs got the first goatending call correct. The second one, I'm not so sure. And super "fast" ref should have maybe stepped in on the second call, since he does college games. At least the ads in the paper say he is super fast at the family drive-through.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice game Oak Hill, and good luck against Southern.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Oh, and unofficial scoring:

Waterford:

Miller - 5
McCutcheon - 2
Strahler - 7
Hall - 2
Cunningham - 6

Oak Hill:

Slone - 3
Ondrea - 4
Borden - 11
Hale - 12
Cannon - 2

Oh, and for you TVC fans, Border really reminded me of the Bobo kid who played for Alexander about 3 or 4 years ago. Always in the way, pain-in-the-butt, always around the ball, and getting in your head. And Oak Fans, that is meant as a compliment, honestly!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats Oak Hill, good luck in the Regionals.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

way to go oaks!! we knew you didnt suck...we knew you could do it all along!! WE BELIEVE!!! CONGRATS ON THE SWEET 16!! GO OAKS!

ampage
Waterboy

Post by ampage »

this game wasnt the funnest to watch. the wildcats couldnt get anything to drop for them offensively; most of it due to the tough defense from oak hill. both teams played hard and it showd on the defensive side of both teams.
great season waterford and your seniors.
congrats to oak hill. and good luck in the rest of the tournament

no not really
Waterboy

Post by no not really »

GO OAKS!
Last edited by no not really on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Congrats to coach Persin. Two more games and on to the big dance. Pulling for you here in Chesapeake.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

32-22 i never seen that coming :mrgreen:

ProtecThisHouse
Riding the Bench

Post by ProtecThisHouse »

Waterford going from scoring 92 the last game to scoring 22 this game is unreal!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Im sad that the game has already been played. This was getting better than a nasty political debate on the senate floor.

mtbrimstone
Waterboy

Post by mtbrimstone »

I read the entire series of posts on this topic before the game was played. I could not stop laughing...Cunningham is definately a very good player and a Top D-1 recruit, but that doesnt mean that waterford is gonna run thru everyone. Oak Hill showed great coaching and execution during the game and made the shots that they took. They also boxed out and rebounded surprisingly well against the 6'11" Cunningham and the scary thing is that it wasnt even close to as well as the oaks can play. Whoever u idiots are on here saying that they look pitiful, u show ur ignorance of the game in general. Good luck Oaks!!!

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

I was bummed out. I went thinking I would see a great game and instead seen one of the most boring games of the year. 32-22 you would have thought you were at a Blue Devil game. The hype was better than the game.I have seen both these teams play before and I know they were both better than they played Saturday.

Return to “Boys Basketball”