Eastern vs. Southern @ the Convo

classof86
All State

Eastern vs. Southern @ the Convo

Post by classof86 »

If you think Eastern Southern games from the past have been heated, just imagine how much this game will be. Eastern seems to be playing a little better right now than Southern is and with Brown out I think I am going to have to go with Eastern in this one. Both teams are going to come out fired up. Let's hear all of the TVC haters now say how bad this game is going to be.

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern vs. Southern @ the Convo

Post by s&w 7 »

This game should be a great one to watch. The last game these two teams played was a barn burner and came down to the last shot...neither team played that well tho. Yes, southern is with out brown but Wes and Cyle ran the point pretty well tonight. It is also hard to beat a team three times in a season but i still have to go with Southern in this one, especially if Big John has another good game. He played well tonight!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

It will really hurt Eastern if Pierce doesnt come back, Southern has a lot of size down low and Eastern doesnt

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Live on "The Frog" 92.1 FM

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

This is the matchup that Meigs County has been wanting to see! And wow, lets just say that apparently the TVC is a little stronger than people give it credit for! Eastern is on a tear...and the way Jake Lynch was playing tonight, I cannot bet against them. Eastern once again didnt need the three ball to get a win. And they stopped two 'big guys' with one of theirs having to leave in the first quarter. Winebrenner was VERY solid from the foul line...and Mikey Johnson stepped up and played like he can. I'm still expecting more from Johnson... he's not to his full potential, but he'll get there. Hopefully, Pierce will be back for the game so they can be at full strength. I've been saying this team has major potential all season...they're letting it show...

GOOOOOOOOOO EAGLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeeSawItAll
Waterboy

Post by SeeSawItAll »

what a game to see!!! i agree it will be a very heated match. as always you never know what will happen when these 2 teams meet.....i do think eastern is playing very strong and the difference will come down to the BOARDS!! southern on the other hand is not intimidated by eastern and really gets up for these games...
both teams have suffered some injury and hope the best for all the players. harris, roberts, & braurer will have to have double figures as well as coppick to sure a win..

go tornadoes :122249 :122249 :)

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

I talked to a reliable source last night and he told me that the key to victory on Sat. for both of these teams was this;
"Which ever team has more points at the end of the fourth quarter will more than likely win the ball game."
-John Madden

Now I do not know how much he knows about basketball, but those sound like wise words from a wise man.

Seriously though, should be another good game which everyone from Racine and Reedsville already know. If you have not seen these two teams play against each, then you should be at the Convo. They always seem to bring the best out of each other.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

Hardfowl wrote:Live on "The Frog" 92.1 FM

What time is tipoff?

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

The brackets say 2:00 PM.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Speaking as a former Eastern coach, all I can say is .....

GO EAGLES!

Another District Title for the Stomper....How sweet it is!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Eastern, Waterford and Southern in the district finals. How many of us Ohio Division teams made a District final? None. Looks like the Hocking is still the stronger of the two. Good luck to all three teams they are at least going
to get one team to the regional.

hillbilly
Waterboy

Post by hillbilly »

congrats to the eagles... good luck saturday

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Well lets just hope Southern doesn't blow another chance to be champions of something respectable. I said at the beginning they had a chance. But they have let me down before. If the play hard they should win easily since they beat this team two times already. But alost winning the district is not like almost winning the state. So they need to win this one.

CousinH
Waterboy

Post by CousinH »

Back in my day there was no way the eagles could beat the tornados

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Hey Dog how is baseball practice been going for you? It must suck to get knocked out of tournament your first game? I guess that is why you have to get on our site and pretend? If you want we will go start you a baseball site. Southern and Eastern are both still playing that is better then been almost sectional champs like you Dog. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

cg 22 wrote:Hey Dog how is baseball practice been going for you? It must suck to get knocked out of tournament your first game? I guess that is why you have to get on our site and pretend? If you want we will go start you a baseball site. Southern and Eastern are both still playing that is better then been almost sectional champs like you Dog. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont you have anything else to do in study hall besides rousting former southern players. these guys are all unemployed and have nothing better to do all day than get on here and then you young southern guys want to give them a hard time.

AMAZING!

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

From all of us in Study hall at Southern, Hurry up and lose so you can get in the weight room.

GO EAGLES! BEAT THE TODRANOS!

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

cg 22 wrote:Hey Dog how is baseball practice been going for you? It must suck to get knocked out of tournament your first game? I guess that is why you have to get on our site and pretend? If you want we will go start you a baseball site. Southern and Eastern are both still playing that is better then been almost sectional champs like you Dog. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Racine is good in baseball, but this is still basketball season. Well the real season is when and if Racine gets to the state again like back in my day. But if you are satisfied with almost winning the district then go ahead and start celebrating.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Can anybody remember back in the day when this used to be a decent website to discuss local area high school sports w/o all the crap that goes on now.

Anyways, should be a good game.

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Purple&Yellow Pride wrote:From all of us in Study hall at Southern, Hurry up and lose so you can get in the weight room.

GO EAGLES! BEAT THE TODRANOS!

study hard boys.... especially English

Return to “Boys Basketball”