JV Team

Re: Oak hill Vs Southern

Post by -varsity- »

Good Luck Oaks!

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

In recent years, I can think of two times these teams have met. 1-1 with both teams winning on their home courts. have they faced each other anymore than this?

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

Oak Hill beat them last year at the Convo by a bunch. Don't see things changing much this year.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

I would really like to see Southern pull off the upset here and knock off Oak Hill. I'll pulling pulling for Coach Caldwell and the Tornadoes, but I just think Oak Hill's defense will be to much for Southern. I'll take Oak Hill by 12.

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

My thoughts. I have seen us play games this year to where we could have beaten anybody in the state and I've seen it the exact opposite. The last couple of games we played I think we are on the upswing agian. I will never pick us to get beat. I truthfully think we can beat Oak Hill. I say Southern in a close one. Come on boys play lights out. Take it to OH.

The most important thing we can do is get and support our boys. GOOD LUCK TORNADOES !!!!

jungleman
Riding the Bench

Post by jungleman »

Hardfowl wrote:An agreement between the two districts and the OHSAA has the D IV Regional Semi-final game for our district to held at the Convo with the regional final alternating sites between Columbus and Athens. This year the regional final is at the Convo. Next year it will be in Columbus and back in Athens in 2011.

The winner of Oak Hill/Southern will play winner of

Newark Catholic/Tree of Life

and

Worthington Christian/Harvest Preparatory

The winner of Oak Hill/Southern will play winner of
Harvest Preparatory/Newark Catholic

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exciting One »

After seeing both of these teams recently, I imagine it will be Harvest Prep.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Let it Ride Southern didn't play Oak Hill at the Convo last year. We played them at Oak Hill and got beat. The Love kid was on fire that game. The year before we beat Oak Hill at home. That is the only recent games I can think of.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Good Luck Oaks. Lets take both Oak Hill teams to the state!

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

Good luck Southern! Win it for the TVC.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

classof86 wrote:I just think Oak Hill is a bad match up for Southern, Ill be rooting for Southern I just dont think they can beat the Oaks

Of course you're rooting for Southern. :roll:
Oak Hill wins this one with outstanding defense and active offense. Lets go Oaks!!
O-A-...

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Purple Gold wrote:The most important thing we can do is get and support our boys. GOOD LUCK TORNADOES !!!!

That's not an issue @ Southern. You always see support for their teams good or bad. That's one thing I've noticed since I've lived here.
You'll see lots of purple @ Athens Tuesday.

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Post by BleedingPurple&Gold »

ProtecThisHouse wrote:
BleedingPurple&Gold wrote:Oak hill looked weak vs waterford, southern should win this one

holding a team to 22 points isn't even close to being considered "weak."

Oak Hill by 20

They also score what 32 so.. They look to have no outside game and that wont cut it vs Southern.. Southern gets hot from outside the Oaks wont match it Southern wins.

Southern Wins +8
Go Purple and Gold

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

But unfortunately you'll see a sea of black for the Oaks!!
Black out again?? Seems to be working so far!
No outside game? All five starters can hit the 3, even the big man. So don't say we don't have an outside game. We scored 32 because defense is what we were especially worried about. I mean c'mon, they had a kid that was 6'11. He had a double double on boards and blocks alone. You go see if you can score a bunch on a kid that has that many blocks.

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Southern scored way more then 32 when they beat Waterford and score more then 32 when they lost to Waterford so DJ is in the paint yeah he owns it thats why u go right at him and try for the foul and point or shot the outside shot witch Southern has..
I was at the game the Oaks looked like they didn't want to shot the outside shot and when they did brick.... But this is a new game Tuesday so we will so how they shoot..

I am taking Southern +8

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Just because they pass up a shot, means they can't shoot? Sure.
How many shooters does Southern have?

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

Purple Gold wrote:My thoughts. I have seen us play games this year to where we could have beaten anybody in the state and I've seen it the exact opposite. The last couple of games we played I think we are on the upswing agian. I will never pick us to get beat. I truthfully think we can beat Oak Hill. I say Southern in a close one. Come on boys play lights out. Take it to OH.

The most important thing we can do is get and support our boys. GOOD LUCK TORNADOES !!!!

Come on now, anyone in the state. That might be the overstatement of the year. Southern would get waxed by a number of teams in the state anytime they played, just as Oak Hill would. Don't compare apples to oranges. Saying you could beat anyone is a bit much.

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

4 that Starts and john could if he ever tryed i seen it in warm ups. Then Kyle comes off the bench and can shot. Harris is fire from the outside and if he gets hot he will put them in from anywhere..

What D does oak play the most

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Wanna put up another grand LetItRide? $1000 says Southern won't beat Oak Hill and Southern couldn't beat "just anyone"

Well thats great. I'm willing to bet our starting 5 can out-shoot your starting 5.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Yeah thats a fantastic idea. Don't guard two high school players, they can't score. Thats a terrible idea. All we have to do is throw them the ball and whoop-di-doo. Two points. Try again

Return to “Boys Basketball”