Oak hill Vs Southern

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Oak hill Vs Southern

Post by FANOSPORTS »

:07 SECONDS LEFT N.C. UP 48-46. H.P. WITH BALL BUT TURNS IT OVER. :04 SECONDS LEFT, NC MISSES BOTH FREE THROWS AND H.P. REBOUNDS AND CALLS TIME. H.P. MUST GO THE FULL LENGTH OF COURT.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Newark Catholic 48 -46 "FINAL"

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Post by Storm Chaser »

Congrats Oak Hill, good luck against NC, represent SEO well.
Thanks Coach Caldwell for helping bring back that old Southern Pride.
:122245

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Congratulations to Coach Persin and Oak Hill on the win.. Good luck in the Regional finals...

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Oak Hill shot 68.8% from the field in this one. Racine shoots 32.7% from the field. Oak Hill out rebounds Southern 37 to 18.

JD Hale has 32 points and is 13 of 15 from the field. But give credit to rest of the Oaks for some great passing and a really impressive transition game.

Talked to Coach Persin after the game. He was excited and very cordial. :lol: Nice job Norm. :)

Congrats to Southern. What a great year you folks had. I got to meet Coach Caldwell this summer at their golf scramble. He's a class guy and a great young coach.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Ty Webb....Nice chatting with you again this evening.

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

The TVC Hocking still the best D4 conference in SE Ohio?
False.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Congrats to Coach Persin and the Oaks. Win the next one and me and the boys will trade in our purple for black and see you at state. Go Oaks!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hopefully some will now comprehend how Fairfield's coach was happy with his players.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

way to go oaks!!! congrats on the elite 8

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exciting One »

Dats what I'm Talkin Bout!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Southern did not look nor shoot it's best, but hey, we're still proud of our team. It was just not their night. "We" were just glad to be the ones there last night.

Best to O.H.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

The Gloaming wrote:The TVC Hocking still the best D4 conference in SE Ohio?
False.

Obviously the Oaks are the best D4 team in SE Ohio but the TVC Hocking still had 3 teams in the District Finals. That says something about the TVC Hocking. One team does not make a conference. ;-)

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

Bassmaster wrote:
The Gloaming wrote:The TVC Hocking still the best D4 conference in SE Ohio?
False.

Obviously the Oaks are the best D4 team in SE Ohio but the TVC Hocking still had 3 teams in the District Finals. That says something about the TVC Hocking. One team does not make a conference. ;-)

The TVC Hocking had a bunch of D4 teams.. most of the SOCII is made up of D3 and D2

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Good Luck to the Oaks. Make Norm proud and win against NC. We know you can do it. Play your game and things will work out. Would be GREAT to see boys and girls at the state.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to the Oaks on making it to the regional finals.

This just might be the year Norm gets the monkey off his back and makes it to his first final four. Good luck Oaks. All of the SOC and Southern Ohio is backing you.

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

Oak Hill does play in a better league, but that had nothing to do with them winning this game. The main reason they won is that they are considerably more talented than Racine.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Well I was afraid this would happen. Everyone made such a fuss over beating Eastern that they get blown out by almost 30. No trip to the state again this year. Will Racine ever get back, truely returning to the Hustlin Tornado tradition of back in my day? I doubt it. But if they do I will finally feel like it is worth it to go watch a game.

SeeSawItAll
Waterboy

Post by SeeSawItAll »

nice season southern tornadoes!! :) :)

to the seniors, weston roberts, bryan harris, john braurer, & brad brown, thanks for the leadership this year and good luck in your future. you guys brought a lot of heart to the team and we are glad you took us on a nice ride this year.

southern should not be overlooked next year with the talent they have in the jr & soph. coming up!
thanks coach caldwell for a tornado season!

we are proud of our team ;-) ;-)

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Oak Hill moves back up to D 3 next year. So that is one less D 4 teams have to worry about. Question to the Oak Hill Fans. If Persin makes it to the State Tournament this year, do you think he will hang up his coaching whistle? If not, how much longer do you think he would coach? Next year in D 3 it will be a lot tougher tournament to just get out of sectionals, let alone win a District. I envision him riding off into the sunset if he makes it this year. But I have been wrong many times before.
I look for Southern and Eastern to dominate SE D4 next year. A lot of the other teams will be graduating a lot of players. (Western, Manchester, Waterford, etc) One team people need to look out for next year is Symmes Valley. Yes, Symmes Valley. Why? They had a very young athletic JV team and I look for a lot of those boys to be playing Varsity next year. Remember it here first.

Return to “Boys Basketball”