North Adams vs. Piketon

North Adams vs. Piketon

Total votes: 0

squiggy
Freshman Team

Re: North Adams vs. Piketon

Post by squiggy »

N.A. by 9 they have a deeper bench,theyre coached very well and play together as a team.

ligit ownage
Riding the Bench

Post by ligit ownage »

haha piketon by 15 to much height, and that brabson kid just cant be stopped and smith doing his thing like always and dale storm dunking and blocking on kids and legg's ball control and hustle no chance with brush on the boards u lil devils better bring your A game bcs them streaks are playing really hot right now

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

beaverlover wrote:NA pressure will hurt Piketon...

North Adams 70
Piketon 67

You have voted against Piketon every game in the tourney.lol :122249
I wonder why? :lol:

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon has to play good fundamental basketball in this one. Teamwork first and foremost. Solid defense, no silly fouls. Take the ball to the hole, don't rely on outside shooting; use your height. As long as they win, I don't care what the score is. GO STREAKS!!!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Beaverlover is anti Piketon and Waverly on every post he has ever made.

He might love beaver but he sure hates streaks and tigers.

hahaha!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon fans, get your tickets at the high school, middle school and elementary school starting tomorrow morning. They are $6 presale, $8 at the gate. I probably wont be allowed to stand outside the doors and sell them Wednesday like I did the first two games at the Convo, so get to the school and help out the athletic department and go support the Streaks!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Eagles,

Take one for the team, stand out there and sell until the OU police cuff and stuff you.
Last edited by hbk2016 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ligit ownage
Riding the Bench

Post by ligit ownage »

hbk123 wrote:Beaverlover is anti Piketon and Waverly on every post he has ever made.

hahaha!

wait theres a school out in beaver? lol where have then been i have never heard of them hahahaha

2Legit2Quit
Waterboy

Post by 2Legit2Quit »

This should be a great game! The Devils won another nail biter, with Unger once again showing why he's all-world. Piketon looked very good, but there definitely beatable. Their size will give N.A. fits. It'll be a close one, so I'll take N.A. by a few. They'll have to play near perfect though.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Athletic ability will favor Piketon.
Rebounds will favor Piketon.
Speed will favor North Adams.
In the paint will only slightly favor Piketon.
Depth on the bench should favor North Adams.
Endurance will favor Piketon.
Team play is a toss up- depends on which group Piketon brings.
North Adams with the upset, in OT, BY 3

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Post by Flashing Cursor »

Space Cowboy wrote:Athletic ability will favor Piketon.
Rebounds will favor Piketon.
Speed will favor North Adams.
In the paint will only slightly favor Piketon.
Depth on the bench should favor North Adams.
Endurance will favor Piketon.
Team play is a toss up- depends on which group Piketon brings.
North Adams with the upset, in OT, BY 3

NA with an upset?? Are you saying the voting was a sham and NA should never have gotten a one seed? .

They are the top ranked team, they will be wearing the home whites, they have the district POY and COY. The upset will be if Piketon beats NA. NA should win. Piketon has nothing to loose in this one.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

Just wondering? Is Evan Legg related to Scott Legg?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

^^^^^ Yes, his son. hbk123, Regionals are a different monster. I dont think the SE District board minded me selling $6 tickets when they were selling them for $6 also. Now the OHSAA is involved and the presale are $2 cheaper, so I might have to find a safer place to stand, probably down by the football parking lots! lol

Pick them up at the high school people, its Piketon, not Columbus its a 5 minute drive either direction!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I'll give size and athleticism to Piketon.

Rebounding edge to Piketon.

Offensive weapons as a team-Piketon

On paper, Piketon has the advantage in nearly every category but one:

Coaching-North Adams by a landslide (Did you see Brush foul out with time left in the 3rd the other night???????)

I'll take North Adams by 5...

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I think Piketon has the better team, size and athletes. I think NA has the coaching advantage. To me it all comes down to which Piketon teams shows up. If both teams play they're best ball, Piketon wins. I think it will be a mistake for NA to speed Piketon up by pressing. They have too many ball handlers. I would want to slow it down and make Piketon shoot from the outside. To me they're weak point is they're shot selection. They have a bunch of scorers on that team, and I think they take too many quick shots. Dave will have NA running good stuff. If it's a high scoring game I like the Streaks. If it stays low I'll take North Adams. (best player on the floor is Unger) Should be a great game. Can't wait!!

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

Thanks eagles73. My children are related to Scott, and if Evan bounced a basketball as much as Scott did growing up, then it isn't any wonder that he is a good player.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Another situation where I think Piketon has the better team and North Adams will have the best player on the floor. In this situation I'll take the better team and go with Piketon by 7. 68-61. Piketon is bigger and I think the aggressive play in the SVC will help them against a North Adams team. It seem to me like ZT was the more aggresive team saturday and almost pulled off the upset over NA. Piketon will be more aggresive as well, but has more talent than ZT has. The strength and aggesiveness of Piketon should be the difference in this game. NA may have had the #1 seed, but Piketon has been on a much better roll lately than NA has and look more impressive in their wins. Even though Piketon is a lower seed, I wouldn't consider it an upset if they win.

ligit ownage wrote:
hbk123 wrote:Beaverlover is anti Piketon and Waverly on every post he has ever made.

hahaha!

wait theres a school out in beaver? lol where have then been i have never heard of them hahahaha

How could you not know their is a school in Beaver? Where do you think most of Piketon's 1,000 point scorers come from? Surely you didn't think they have those good bloodlines in Piketon did ya? hahaha :lol:

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

Some of Piketon's best players have come from Beaver.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

You Piketon fans asked for these last couple replies.I was just making a prediction ;-)

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

hahaha!

hbk,you have no idea what your talking about,I have rooted for the Tigers many of times ;-)

Return to “Boys Basketball”