North Adams vs. Piketon

North Adams vs. Piketon

Total votes: 0

Sports 101
Varsity

Re: North Adams vs. Piketon

Post by Sports 101 »

beaverlover wrote:
Sports 101 wrote:Why dont you eastern boys go back to your little eagles nest and wine a little more...does it matter where these boys went to grade school...Why cant you get on here a cheer on your county friends instead of be bitter because you guys cant make it to the convo.

Can't make it to the Convo? Are u serious? Come over to our "little Eagles Nest"and look at the banners.Then we will compare Piketon's with Eastern's.People like you are the reason people don't cheer on there "county friends".

Beaverlover,
Is that all you do is dwell on the past, i don't care what eastern has done in the past. Im focused on what Piketon can do this season. Does it matter where the players went to school in 5th grade, no it doesn't. It does matter where they graduate and make there friends. And why do you trash what ever Piketon accomplishes, this is why know one likes Eastern(and move away!!)
and every time you get on a Piketon thread you have to instigate...just stay to your Eastern threads!!!And the comment about your banners, let Piketon play in your weak league and little div.IV, and you Jump into the SVC, See how well you do then.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Why are all of you guys arguing about Piketon and Eastern, like deweese said, this is supposed to be about NA and Piketon, so everyone needs to quit the whining and complaining about all of Eastern's good players going to Piketon. We could sit here and whine about all of ours goin' to Waverly because of football but do you see us doing that? NO, so lets get back on topic here.

OH and BTW, whover said that the only All-Ohio performers from Piketon were originially from Eastern, have you guys ever heard of a kid named Kyle Miller? I'm pretty sure he didn't go to Eastern ever and he made All-Ohio senior year, can anyone help me get that through to these dummies? Like someone else said before, you guys better take a look at the school system or whatever it is that is making these kids transfer to Piketon, because if they were Eagles at heart they wouldn't become Redstreaks no matter what....

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

There's a reason North Adams is undefeated...(they're pretty good). Be careful on your predictions, Piketon fans.

ligit ownage
Riding the Bench

Post by ligit ownage »

lol who did they play this yr compare piketons games to n.a piketon had the tougher run this yr come on look at the svc

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Trooper wrote:There's a reason North Adams is undefeated...(they're pretty good). Be careful on your predictions, Piketon fans.

Yeah the reason is, that they play in the SHL.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Definately an intriuging matchup. Piketon plays uptempo and their strength is the fast break. North Adams likes to run as well and but their 2-2-1 pressure won't faze the Redstreaks (beacuse i haven't seen them trap out of it yet, although i'm sure they can).

I think the underdog is definately Piketon in this matchup however I feel that all the pressure is on North Adams (sometimes a loss is better).

As hard as it is for some to think, I think it will be hard for Piketon to match up in this game. Will they put Southworth on Unger and Brabson on Jimmison (sp)? Then you will have Legg on the little #10 (who in my opinion is the NA best defender) and then Smith on Louden??

There are just a lot of interesting matchups that can happen here but I think the size that NA has in the guard play is a definately advantage.

I almost feel like Piketon might need to slow the ball down in this game and pound it inside to the bigs. Try and get Brabson on a mismatch and post him up. I know thats not their style of game but in this one, they might need to play to their advantage that way.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Runner00 wrote:
Trooper wrote:There's a reason North Adams is undefeated...(they're pretty good). Be careful on your predictions, Piketon fans.

Yes they do. They beat Chesapeake and Hillsboro out of league.

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

Have to go with Piketon in this game .

indiangirl
Waterboy

Post by indiangirl »

Oh my...that argument is older than the hills where these kids play. Give me a break; although I won't ever be a North Adams fan, I can recognize a good team when I see one. They've been playing non-league schools since the regular season ended, not to mention a few times before, and seem to be doing just fine so far. Don't insult the other great teams in this league by bringing up the SHL yet again. The SHL is just like all the others---there are strong and weak teams. Good Luck to North Adams.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

The North Adams doesn't play anybody/they are in the SHL excuse is getting old and weaker by the day. Not many teams make it to the regional semi-finals so you need to be pretty good to get there and amazingly, none of their opponents along the tournament trail thus far have been "weak" SHL teams. So, they went in OT with Portsmouth and Zane Trace, they came up on the top side of the scoring and that constitutes a win, anyway you look at it. Good teams find a way to win and good coaches make sure they are ready.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

You don't get to 23-0 without being a good team, it doesn't matter what league you play in. You still have to beat whoever you play. This Piketon fan is hoping for loss #1 for the Green Devils. GO STREAKS!!!

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Quote: Bobby K "As hard as it is for some to think, I think it will be hard for Piketon to match up in this game. Will they put Southworth on Unger and Brabson on Jimmison (sp)? Then you will have Legg on the little #10 (who in my opinion is the NA best defender) and then Smith on Louden??"

I think Legg will be just fine with the small guard from NA guarding him. The guard from Ironton was in his face all night. I was very impressed with his defense. Wish I knew his name. Move his feet and never reached. Legg had to be wore out when that one was over. So I think he can handle it. If NA wants to play full court man, Piketon can make you pick your poison. If the guard does give leg problems, just let Brabson or Smith bring it up. I would have probably done that against Ironton just to give Legg a little break anyway. I think the match ups will be in Piketons favor as long as Lisath and the team realize who the go to guy will be. Should be a great game.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I think the Jimison kid is the key to this game!Unger will have his you are not going to shut him down he is just that good,But I think if Jimison has 15-20 Piketon may be in trouble!I think this will game will be too close to call though,Might come down to who has the ball last! :122249

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

GAME DAY!!!!! :twisted:

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Will this game be broadcast?

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Heard some news out of Piketon that Brush won't play tonight.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

[quote="KrAm"]Heard some news out of Piketon that Brush won't play tonight.[/quo

That's not good, he's not a big scorer, but he makes it difficult to get shots off in the paint and is a solid rebounder.

I still think it comes down to Piketon's starters staying aggressive and taking good shots and shooting well. The should have an advantage in the paint, they must limit NA to one and done, no second chance opportunities. OWN THE BOARDS!!

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Why wouldn't Brush play? Has he been sick? Even without brush I still like the Streaks in this one. It will be a little harder though without their other interior defender along with Southworth to win this game. If this is the case, Piketon needs to hope Southworth doesn't get in foul trouble. Southworth hasn't scored much points in the tourny so far, but I think he is the piketon player that has impressed me the most. He has been an absolute beast on the boards and an excellent defender for them.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Jbird you are exactly right. His pressure at the top of the zone and relentless effort is what makes Piketon go. If he is on the bench, could be a long night for the Streaks. I love watching him play.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

ligit ownage wrote:lol who did they play this yr compare piketons games to n.a piketon had the tougher run this yr come on look at the svc

Runner00 wrote:

Yeah, I forgot how elite the SVC was this year!

Return to “Boys Basketball”