Freshman Team

Who would win: 07 Burg vs. 09 Oak Hill

Post by burgboy »

who would win this game?

Regulator
All Conference

Re: Who would win: 07 Burg vs. 09 Oak Hill

Post by Regulator »

Oak Hill matches up with them, however to beat the Oaks you have to be able to shoot it from outside and the Burg team could do that very well. Close game, but I say Wheelersburg 46 Oak Hill 45. Miller hits a fade away to win it at the buzzer. :122245

Another good matchup. South Webster 2006 vs. Oak Hill 2009. I say South Webster would win by 10 - 20 points.
Too many weapons.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

I would have to say that the burg team would win, and win pretty easily at that. They could shoot lights out from downtown and they had a lot of size inside also. I would have to say burg by about 15-20.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

The Burg definitely had shooters on that team but OH is more athletic. I would give a slight advantage to Burg but honestly this game could go either way. Webster would beat OH but not by 20.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

IMO burg was more athletic and could shoot better, and had a better coach... the burg was all around a better team. burg would win this game easily, not that close.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

Thank you Pirate Fan_2110, the burg team was a lot more athletic and just all around better.Dont get me wrong Oak Hill is good but not nearley as good as the burg team.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I have a lot of respect for coach Barrick, but there is very little difference between himself and Persin. I would rank them 1 and 1a. I think the burg was far more talented and would beat Oak Hill, but I think the South Webster team would beat both. I also see the Ironton team of 05 being better then all three.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I would have to give at least a slight edge to the Pirates in this match up but neither team would hold a candle to the Racine Southern Hustlin' Tornado teams from "BACK IN THE DAY" :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oakhill25
Waterboy

Post by oakhill25 »

This has to be the dumbest thing I have read all day. Its nice to remember the good teams from the past but you have to remember Oak Hill is still playing. Until they win the championship in a few more games, they can not be compared to anyone.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Bassmaster wrote:I would have to give at least a slight edge to the Pirates in this match up but neither team would hold a candle to the Racine Southern Hustlin' Tornado teams from "BACK IN THE DAY" :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What do the Tornadoes have to do with this topic? Are you jealous? Pirates were a great team that year. Then again Wheelersburg has had alot of great teams over the years. Iwould give Burg the edge. They played against alot of good D3 teams that year.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

I would take the 82 wheelersburg team led by Paul Newman, Brad Walke and Todd Staker.

sportsfanatic3
Waterboy

Post by sportsfanatic3 »

I agree completely with avalanche.

Burg is WAY more athletic than this Oak Hill team, maybe some of you should re-define the word 'athletic', because you're not looking at it correctly.

Burg had a 6'8" who's favorite shot was the 3 (in which he shot a high percent). He also could dribble the ball like a guard. Oak Hill have anyone like that? They also had Spradlin, a 6'6" 2-3 man, who could shoot lights out from 3 / dribble like a guard / now playing at a Division One University. Not to mention, Cowgill was probably the most 'athletic' person on that entire team.

Again, not even a comparison. Burg is WAY more athletic, and Burg beats this team by atleast 20.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

John Wooden wrote:
Bassmaster wrote:I would have to give at least a slight edge to the Pirates in this match up but neither team would hold a candle to the Racine Southern Hustlin' Tornado teams from "BACK IN THE DAY" :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What do the Tornadoes have to do with this topic? Are you jealous? Pirates were a great team that year. Then again Wheelersburg has had alot of great teams over the years. Iwould give Burg the edge. They played against alot of good D3 teams that year.

The Does have absolutely nothing to do with this topic but they came to mind when I read it, and no I am not jealous. I posted what I did for a couple of people that post on this forum. Sorry you did not see the humor in it. ;-)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

avalanche wrote:I have a lot of respect for coach Barrick, but there is very little difference between himself and Persin. I would rank them 1 and 1a. I think the burg was far more talented and would beat Oak Hill, but I think the South Webster team would beat both. I also see the Ironton team of 05 being better then all three.

The Burg '06 team beat South Webster in the last game of the year by 18 and would have beaten them the first time at SW had Cam Miller not have been injured and not at 100% for that game.

I think Burg '07 would beat this years Oaks team, but not by the 43 that they beat them by in 07. I would gues it would be close in both games, with the home team having the advantage in each game. They almost mirror each other as far as guards and inside players.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

wattsup wrote:I think batman would beat spider man in a heads up fight.

With or without the Boy Wonder :?: :lol:

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Ironton 05 edition beats any of these teams.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I have seen both teams play and I say Burg for sure!Norm is the better coach though IMO! ;-)

Tigfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigfan »

Sorry Avalanche I don't think anyone wants to argue that point. All of these teams were and are great and its nice to have that kind of talent coming from this area. Too bad the best ever Ironton team had to go against 2 guys that would be in the NBA 4 years later. We should have beaten them anyways. That was a charge on OJ near the end. The whole Schott was booing that call. Ahhh the memories.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

That Burg team also played Donte Jackson (sp), (now starting for Xavier), OJ Mayo (now starting with the Memphis Grizzles) and Pat Patterson (now starting for Kentucky). So they did play much better competition. Who has Oak Hill played that was near that good? Yet alone 3 of them.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

'Burg over all of 'em. No questions asked, Stupid post, IMHO.

Return to “Boys Basketball”