Who would win: 07 Burg vs. 09 Oak Hill

burgboy
Freshman Team

Re: Who would win: 07 Burg vs. 09 Oak Hill

Post by burgboy »

frank-n-beans wrote:'Burg over all of 'em. No questions asked, Stupid post, IMHO.

Some of the peole on here dont think that was a stupid post or they would all say that the Burg team would win. I think they would win too.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

burgboy wrote:That Burg team also played Donte Jackson (sp), (now starting for Xavier), OJ Mayo (now starting with the Memphis Grizzles) and Pat Patterson (now starting for Kentucky). So they did play much better competition. Who has Oak Hill played that was near that good? Yet alone 3 of them.

Didnt burg play against bill walker also? or was that the year before...? anyway he plays for the celtics now.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

No, they didn't play against Bill Walker. They only played against Mayo in a scrimmage against Hungtinton Hig,WV. The majority of them also played against David Lighty, who before his injury was having a great season at OSU.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

Ok, thanks.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

burg would win the game. IMHO they wouldn't win by 30-40 points like they were beatin teams but i believe they would beat this years oak hill team

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

They beat Chesapeake by 5 points.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

avalanche wrote:They beat Chesapeake by 5 points.

They still won. :-D :-D :-D :-D

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

avalanche wrote:They beat Chesapeake by 5 points.

That was Burg's 06 team that beat Chesapeake, not the 07 team, which is what the topic is about. I think that the 07 Burg team was a little better than the 06 Burg team. The 07 team was a little more polished and had great Senior leadership with Miller, Cowgill and Salyers. The 06 team only had Carrington as a Senior, who did a great job of leading that team.

ladyoak_13
Waterboy

Post by ladyoak_13 »

I do believe this is 2009. Yes it is good to remember the past but Burg had their shot at glory, now its time for Oak Hill to bring home the gold.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

ladyoak_13 wrote:but Burg had their shot at glory, ......

I believe they have had several shots at glory.

GO OAKS......

Bring home the big GOLD !!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I still don't know how that Burg team didn't win State that year. They had it all...2 D1 players and great athletes across the board. Barrick will have another shot at State eventually (probably in 2 years), but don't know if he'll ever have a better team.*

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Yes, the Pirates had theor shot at glory and came short in both cases, one on a miracle 40 foot shot at the buzzer. But I do honesty believe had the 07 and 08 teams been in D4 like Oak Hill they just may have 2 state title to their credit right now.

I also honestly believe that Oak Hill will bring home the title this season. They are focused on the prize and hungry to get it.

Good luck to the Oaks!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Yes, the Pirates had theor shot at glory and came short in both cases, one on a miracle 40 foot shot at the buzzer. But I do honesty believe had the 07 and 08 teams been in D4 like Oak Hill they just may have 2 state title to their credit right now.

I also honestly believe that Oak Hill will bring home the title this season. They are focused on the prize and hungry to get it.

Good luck to the Oaks!!

I agree with u 100%. I'd burg would have back to back titles had they been in d4

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The 07 burg team did play the 05 ironton team. The burg kids were freshmen and soph's and if my memory serves me right I beleive they went into ironton and gave them all they wanted and just about came away with a victory.
avalanche wrote:Ironton 05 edition beats any of these teams.

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

No Question: Burg.
About the same coach wise...
both tough defensive teams with intensity, which comes from coaching and heart/attitude
but Burg had (imo)
WAY more athletic overall and deep, deep, deep (and TWO DI players starting)
6'5", 6'6", and 6'8" starters (two with DI perimeter skills)
Three above 35-40% three point shooters
DII Div. in high school experience, not D IV (whole different level of tournament play)
Way more demanding regular schedule... which did include play vs. Patrick Patterson (UK DI), David Lighty (Ohio State), Dante Jackson (Xavier DI), (Brigham Wagginger, DI W.Carolina), Nick Aldridge (DI? in the past) Hitchins (DI Akron or somewhere), OJ Mayo (NBA)... and more, I just can't think of them all :).

No comparison. But, still, Oak Hill has accomplished much this year, and past vs. present doesn't really matter, but might be fun to think about. A little silly, but no harm. We all think what we think, biased by our allegiances, and there is no way to go back and make batman vs superman. It's all in fun, and we really are lucky to have had basketball rise up in southern Ohio these past ten years. Maybe those teams in the big cities and in northern Ohio might want to consider southern Ohio as viable competitors now, thanks to S. Webster, Ironton, Burg, and now Oak Hill. All are D-IV and D-III, I know, but we really don't have many big schools. What is Chillicothe? DII? If so, add them to the list. I think they are a little "southern" too?? We can be proud of all of them. So, it's all good. With the legacy, our kids might get a few more looks?

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Bassmaster wrote:
wattsup wrote:I think batman would beat spider man in a heads up fight.

With or without the Boy Wonder :?: :lol:

Kato would whoop up on all of em while the Green Hornet stood by and looked cool.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Burg Big!!!!

IBLEEDORANGENBLACK
Waterboy

Post by IBLEEDORANGENBLACK »

05 IRONTON haha :122245

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

This topic is a joke.. last year the game was close the whole way without even having Cam playing and the same Oak Hill players that played last year playing this year. Actually Love wasn't on Oak Hill's team this year.. burg would win by 30+

cam miller? hale couldn't stop him... spradlin who could stop him? cowgill how about him? way toooooo deeeeep

Jumpshot
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumpshot »

Wheelersburg Oak Hill scores last year, without Cam:
First game of season, right off a football regional run for Burg 41-43 (OH won at home)
Second game of the season, near end of year, Burg won at home 48-35, at times with a lead of 20+.

And we all know what happened when they played with Salyers and Miller in DIII at the Convo.

so, I gotta go with Burg/ Superman
And, I am a loyal, biased burg fan, so that probably has a lot to do with it, too. ;-)

Return to “Boys Basketball”