Who would win: 07 Burg vs. 09 Oak Hill

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Re: Who would win: 07 Burg vs. 09 Oak Hill

Post by backdoor54 »

I have a great deal of respect for what Oak Hill did this year, and for Norm Pierson. The Burgs 07 team would demolish the Oakes. The talent level was just way too high in burg that year. Miller, Spradlin, Cowgill, and Salyers could all drop double figures and gaurd. Not to mention Jenkins, Cook, and Prater, three of the best defenders on the team. Oak Hill is a great TEAM and did in d4 what burg could not do in d3, but im sorry the game wouldnt be close. And as far as the 05 ironton team vs burg of 07 I think it would be a great game, but I still think burg was more talented in 07. That being said, congrats to the Oakes of 07

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

backdoor54 wrote:I have a great deal of respect for what Oak Hill did this year, and for Norm Pierson. The Burgs 07 team would demolish the Oakes. The talent level was just way too high in burg that year. Miller, Spradlin, Cowgill, and Salyers could all drop double figures and gaurd. Not to mention Jenkins, Cook, and Prater, three of the best defenders on the team. Oak Hill is a great TEAM and did in d4 what burg could not do in d3, but im sorry the game wouldnt be close. And as far as the 05 ironton team vs burg of 07 I think it would be a great game, but I still think burg was more talented in 07. That being said, congrats to the Oakes of 07

BackDoor,
Nobody would destroy the '09 Oaks. It didn't happen all year, and '07 Burg team would not have done it either. Oak Hill plays defense and that is why the '07 Burg team did not win it all.
By the way, 2009 State Champs! How many does the Burg have. LOL

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

nobody did it all year because the talent level in the area was considerably down. And drrabit can probably provide some specific stats, but I would say Burg held teams to an average of around 45 points in 07 so they did gaurd people. As I stated in the first sentence of my post I have a lot of respect for winning a state championship and espescially for Coach Peirson, but I still think that Oak Hill would lose by 15-20. Just look at it player by player. Oh yea, and South Webster with Aldridge and Wag would have beaten them by 20 too.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

2, 1989 and 1996.
LetItRide wrote:
backdoor54 wrote:I have a great deal of respect for what Oak Hill did this year, and for Norm Pierson. The Burgs 07 team would demolish the Oakes. The talent level was just way too high in burg that year. Miller, Spradlin, Cowgill, and Salyers could all drop double figures and gaurd. Not to mention Jenkins, Cook, and Prater, three of the best defenders on the team. Oak Hill is a great TEAM and did in d4 what burg could not do in d3, but im sorry the game wouldnt be close. And as far as the 05 ironton team vs burg of 07 I think it would be a great game, but I still think burg was more talented in 07. That being said, congrats to the Oakes of 07

BackDoor,
Nobody would destroy the '09 Oaks. It didn't happen all year, and '07 Burg team would not have done it either. Oak Hill plays defense and that is why the '07 Burg team did not win it all.
By the way, 2009 State Champs! How many does the Burg have. LOL

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

Wheelersburg has more State Titles then the Oaks so I wouldn't have made that statement LetItRide.

Just LetItRide and enjoy the ride while it lasts because wait until next year with your team in D3 :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

Not a basketball championship. Oak Hill will be fine in D3. Sorry, I forgot Burg was the best thing since sliced bread. You Burg fans kill me.
And by the way, the'07 Burg team would not have beaten the'09 Oak hill team by 15-20. Burg fans on here never cease to amaze me with your ridiculous comments about what could have been or what next year will bring.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

LetItRide wrote:Not a basketball championship. Oak Hill will be fine in D3. Sorry, I forgot Burg was the best thing since sliced bread. You Burg fans kill me.
And by the way, the'07 Burg team would not have beaten the'09 Oak hill team by 15-20. Burg fans on here never cease to amaze me with your ridiculous comments about what could have been or what next year will bring.

State Titles in schools are State Titles none the less whichever sport we are talking. Great accomplishments. I am not a Burg fan, probably never will be, but one thing is I respect them and what they accomplish. And personally that 07 team was deeper and a lot more athletic then the 09 Oaks. Either way, the Oaks are D4 state Champions and no one will take that banner away from them. Just remember where you were 4-5 years ago and where you are now. Cycles, remember the word Cycles. (Transfers help too :122249 )

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

The Burg team would win this game easy. They were A LOT more athletic and just a much better team overall. If oak hill was in D3 this last year they would have done nothing. Back to reality next year for the oaks. :o :o

Jumpshot
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumpshot »

DIV and DIII= Two very different worlds. Apples and Oranges...

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

07 burg would have killed 09 OH... not even close... OH doesnt have one advantage in a match-up against any of the burg starters...

and...OH will get slaughtered in D3

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

geez...looks like some posters on here have a case of sour grapes....

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

Or some posters on here have a case of the truth.. and Burg 07' would KILL Oak Hill 09' it's just that simple

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

bball fan123 wrote:Or some posters on here have a case of the truth.. and Burg 07' would KILL Oak Hill 09' it's just that simple

who really cares? The game will never be played. Why not congratulate the Oaks on a darn good season. :roll:

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

Congratulations Oaks on a darn good season..

there ya go.. I was just putting my input in on who I thought would win. my opinion is granted to me just like everyone else's is on this website so I am free to speak it and I think Burg 07 would win.

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

this topic does make burg fans look bad. But I was just answering the question. I am not sour that Oak Hill won a state championship. I'm very happy for coach p and the soc. And I understand the annoyance of O.h. fans at burg fans comments, but the thread is kind of set up that way.

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

Don't understand why the Oaks fans got so mad about this topic but not mad about the South Webster State Champs vs. Oak Hill State Champs topic.

Air Force I
Waterboy

Post by Air Force I »

First off I would like to congratulate the Oaks on there State Championship, now to put in my two cents. If the 07 Pirates "were to face" the 09 Oaks I would first like to say that both teams have great leadership at the coaching position. As we look back over the years these two coaches have had remarkable stats and are still adding to their resumes year in and year out. The Oaks did do what the Pirates couldn't accomplish, and that is bring home the hardware. However, if these two teams were to face off I would have to go with the Pirates in the victory by 10-20 points. The Pirates lost a total of what....3 games that year by a combined total of 9 points. Thats pretty dang good imo! Two of those losses I do believe came by a last second shot, one by Dante Jackson (can't remember team name) at the Powershoot out in Chillicothe and the next one would be the 40 ft. floater in the final four game by Damon Butler which I can see the replay running through my head as I type this. The Pirates were a very good team that year and you had to bring your A game or else they would embarrass you very quickly. However the Oaks would match up with them pretty well starters vs. starters. Again however, I do believe out of those two lineups the Pirates had more talent and athletes in the starting lineup and all the way to the water cooler which sat at the end of the bench. I think the Oaks had some very talented players but the way that Coach Barricks teaches his teams to play defense and then convert to offense is unbelievable. I remember watching several games feeling sorry for the guys on the bench that played for Burg because if they were at any other SOC school they would get significant playing time if they weren't starting. So yeah, I guess you know who I think would win this matchup and win it pretty easily. Once again I just want to say congratulations to Coach Persin and the Oaks of 09 and congratulate them for what they accomplished.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

We will never know!

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

yeah we will never know unless somebody wants to schedule a game :lol:

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

o7 burg vs 09 OH.. lol plz, men vs... kids. cowgill, jenkins, spradlins, salyers, and miller... oh doesnt have one player who could match up with any of these listed... and to the post about burg not playing D... get real, cowgill and jenkins were master... to be honest with you i would give anyone a 40+ spread on this game.. in favor of the burg.

Return to “Boys Basketball”