12/17 slate of games

mrwonderful
Varsity

Re: 12/17 slate of games

Post by mrwonderful »

South Point loses to Waverly by 8 after literally leading the entire game up to 3 minutes left in game....SP was leading by 10 in 2nd quarter and after making a layup a SP player just had to taunt the Waverly kid guarding him and got a technical foul called him!...Good for the referee!!! I wish they had a rule in the books when these kids pulled these stunts they would be ejected by the ref from the rest of that game and the next game...... I'm glad SP coach pulled this kid out of the game after this even though Waverly made a 10 point run on SP to tie the game at half.... So SP was without their point guard who had an operation earlier in week and this guard which crippled them the last 4 minutes of half....Even though SP lead by an average of 4 to 5 points in 3rd quarter and up until 3 minutes left in the game the technical foul was the game changer.....It's always the same kids who pull these stunts and hurt their team...It's the same kids who have done it since biddy league without any real punishment...So it continues up into HS.....I wanted SP to win but they got what they deserved.....Poor sportsmanship at its finest......

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

Western24 wrote:Western 64

Peebles 61
Wow, big win by Western.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union moves to 3 - 0. with a win over Amanda. 63 - 44.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mrwonderful wrote:South Point loses to Waverly by 8 after literally leading the entire game up to 3 minutes left in game....SP was leading by 10 in 2nd quarter and after making a layup a SP player just had to taunt the Waverly kid guarding him and got a technical foul called him!...Good for the referee!!! I wish they had a rule in the books when these kids pulled these stunts they would be ejected by the ref from the rest of that game and the next game...... I'm glad SP coach pulled this kid out of the game after this even though Waverly made a 10 point run on SP to tie the game at half.... So SP was without their point guard who had an operation earlier in week and this guard which crippled them the last 4 minutes of half....Even though SP lead by an average of 4 to 5 points in 3rd quarter and up until 3 minutes left in the game the technical foul was the game changer.....It's always the same kids who pull these stunts and hurt their team...It's the same kids who have done it since biddy league without any real punishment...So it continues up into HS.....I wanted SP to win but they got what they deserved.....Poor sportsmanship at its finest......
What was the final score?

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Western is for real.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

waverly 53-45

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Other scores

Zane Trace 61
Piketon 53

Unioto 57
Adena 38

Huntington 63
Southeastern 60

Paint Valley 63
Westfall 55
Overtime

Logan Elm 60
Circleville 36

Teays Valley 43
Liberty Union 31

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Warren 88
Belpre 49...FINAL

Old man
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye 71
East Liverpool 50

Morgan 60
St C 50

River 69
Harrison Central 41

John Glenn 75
Bellaire 49

I forget last year but I know this is the 2nd time in 3 years Buckeye 8 has been sweep.

Fort Frye has won all 3 years by 10 or more
2014 St Clairsville
2015 Harrison Central
2016 East Liverpool

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

mrwonderful wrote:.SP was leading by 10 in 2nd quarter and after making a layup a SP player just had to taunt the Waverly kid guarding him and got a technical foul called him!.
Wonder if this would happen to be the same one that got a technical against Chesapeake Friday for taunting?

ROLL PEAKE
Hoop Wizard
Waterboy

Post by Hoop Wizard »

Mr. Woderful- The Adams kid is not the point guard for the Pointers. Fox is the pg and has been since his freshman year. One of the better young pg's in the area and I have watched hime for a few years now. Plays with a lot of emotion but sometimes it seems to get the better of him. Really good kid and very slick player. S.P. definitely headed in right direction. Sucks that Adams is out but it will help them in the long run. When he comes back they can definitely make some noise and give teams fits on any given night. Very athletic team.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Hoop Wizard wrote:Mr. Woderful- The Adams kid is not the point guard for the Pointers. Fox is the pg and has been since his freshman year. One of the better young pg's in the area and I have watched hime for a few years now. Plays with a lot of emotion but sometimes it seems to get the better of him. Really good kid and very slick player. S.P. definitely headed in right direction. Sucks that Adams is out but it will help them in the long run. When he comes back they can definitely make some noise and give teams fits on any given night. Very athletic team.
So, was it the same player that recieved the taunting technicals in the Chesapeake and Waverly games?

Post by mrwonderful »

Adams is the point guard for South point...He's the kid who handles the offense.. Even though he scores 20 plus a game he is the point guard...Last year the fox kid was the point...this year its the adams kid....No its not the same kid who flexed at Chesapeake but those are the 2 kids who continually can't seem to play the game without taunting...

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I want to add one thing I'm done with this.....I've watched all these kids since they were in biddy league....The same kids taunting and trying to show up kids now are the same one's who were let get by with it when they were kids...Playing with emotion is one thing...A good thing.. Playing with arrogance, taunting, and constantly showboating is not good emotion... I think SP has the best Coach in the southeast district...He's doing basically all he can do without kicking them off the team... Benching them...It's hard to rein in a player when they've got by with this type of behavior since biddy league...

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

look I'm not saying their bad kids.. Their good kids...I like all of them..Iv'e watched them for years, but their at an age now where they have to control their emotion and stop the grandstanding...Their hurting their team and themselves...All the refs talk, and know what players are doing this...You get a bad name as a taunter or whatever negative stance as a player and it reflex on the whole team and you wont get a call in your favor....

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

mrwonderful wrote:I want to add one thing I'm done with this.....I've watched all these kids since they were in biddy league....The same kids taunting and trying to show up kids now are the same one's who were let get by with it when they were kids...Playing with emotion is one thing...A good thing.. Playing with arrogance, taunting, and constantly showboating is not good emotion... I think SP has the best Coach in the southeast district...He's doing basically all he can do without kicking them off the team... Benching them...It's hard to rein in a player when they've got by with this type of behavior since biddy league...
Great point.

"That which you allow, you encourage." Tyler Coston - PGCBasketball.com

Return to “Boys Basketball”