SOC1 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

claypantherfan
All State

Re: SOC 1 09-10

Post by claypantherfan »

Here are my personal preditcions also over all stadnings on how it might turn out. Clay has a lot coming back and so does symmes valley and Eastern so that will be the top three teams that will go back and forth between Green has some talent that will be there. Notre Dame you never know how they will be from year to year and NewBoston lost too many key players and Wetsern lost every one that scored for them so they will be in a rebuilding mode for now.
1/2/3.Clay
1/2/3.Symmes Valley
1/2/3.Eastern
4.East
5.Green
6.Notre Dame
7.NewBoston
8.Western

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

I think that Clay will be on Top, they will have a huge inside game, with the BIG MAN Lawson. Bussler and Valentine will contribute..........GO PANTHERS

tartanguard/forward
Waterboy

Post by tartanguard/forward »

to clear things up, i am tyler messer and yes i do ware scarlett and grey now.
im excited to play at glenwood and i just hope im excepted as a player and a teamate, nothing against bradford or any player in sciotoville i just wish i could have explained myself befor i was accused for something that didnt even happen, and i plan to set a good example as a senior to all the younger players.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Ill take eastern they have alot of good talent returning to a team that hustles on both ends and they have some very,very good young player fresh. and sohp. comeing up that could contribute some big minutes at varsity level.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

i would say either eastern or symmes valley

basketball
Waterboy

Post by basketball »

My opinion is that it is wide open. This is a very weak and balanced league. Throw in the horrible referees in scioto county it is anybodys league.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

the team that works the hardest in the off season wins it . what is what i say. :twisted:

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

rosemount rebel wrote:the team that works the hardest in the off season wins it . what is what i say. :twisted:

I'd say you are right. Anyone know how the turnout has been for the Eagles open gyms? Has Wheeler and Montgomery been there? I hope so because "consistant" post play will be necessary for Eastern to win the title with Osborne graduated.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

I'm gonna go with
1. Eastern
2. Symmes Valley
3. Clay
4. East
5. New Boston
6. Notre Dame
7. Western
8. Green

It may come down to the last game of the season for Eastern, Symmes Valley, and Clay. I can see any of these three teams taking the title. It just depends on which school has the players show up in the off season and puts the time in the summer to get better.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Livin LRG wrote:It will probably be a toss up of Clay, East, and Symmes next year. all three will be solid, with the underdog being Eastern, or Green. Green will be good but we will have to see who steps up 2 lead the team. Clay has a chance at sum transfers and a kid returning to play.
early summary of what i think
1.East
2.Clay
3.Symmes Valley
4.Green
5.Eastern
6.Notre Dame
7.Western

You did disrespect the New Boston Tigers! You left them off completely!
Last edited by a_c_m on Fri May 01, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Livin LRG wrote:no disrespect to new boston but they lost there top three players from last year, but pick up 1 very good player too. they seem like a very unexsperienced team with messer prolly goin to lead them this year. Eastern will be descent, i want to c who shows up to lead that team ths year, because if they find sum1 they will be good. Symmes Valley has the most coming back this year, with Tibbs winning the POY. Clay will be a contender too, they have a lot of starters back, and have a lot coming up, and hitting the weights. they should be in the running. but i think the team to beat this coming year will be east. they have a lot of starters back, and should be very solid. heres another preseason ranking.
1.East
2.Symmes Valley/ Clay
3.Eastern
4.Green
5.ND
6.Western

You left the Tigers of New Boston out again!
Last edited by a_c_m on Fri May 01, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

I agree with a_c_m. Who ever you are you need to start giving the Tigers some credit. They dont deserve not even being in the rankings.

But all this talk is just talk, we'll see come basketball season that the Tigers are ready to compete in the league.

tartanguard/forward
Waterboy

Post by tartanguard/forward »

I wouldnt count New Boston out yet, they put out a pretty descent squad this season, i dont see anybody under six foot seeing the hardwood other than shane buckley......

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

a_c_m wrote:
Livin LRG wrote:It will probably be a toss up of Clay, East, and Symmes next year. all three will be solid, with the underdog being Eastern, or Green. Green will be good but we will have to see who steps up 2 lead the team. Clay has a chance at sum transfers and a kid returning to play.
1.East
2.Clay
3.Symmes Valley
4.Green
5.Eastern
6.Notre Dame
7.Western

no i didnt reposted the same with them on it because i forgot about them in the standings, and i dont count them out cuz nobody knows what any1 will have next year, it just depends on who works for it. sorry NB

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

My best guess would be:

1. Eastern-only if the post players work in the off season or the freshman are as good as people say!
2. Symmes Valley-most talented returning squad by far. Tibbs is the real deal and he is surrounded by kids that can shoot and rebound.
3. Clay-very dangerous team that could win it all
4. East-solid guards returning. Will any big men develop for them?
5. Green-good talent, new coach, new system, same old controversy!
6. Notre Dame-Good young talent on the way
7. Western-lost the farm, but will be big
8. New Boston-lost the farm

I would say teams in spots 1-5 could all be interchanged. The team that works the hardest, plays together, and stays committed to their team mates will win it.

Best of luck to all the schools!

baller_20
Waterboy

Post by baller_20 »

I think everyone is forgettin about western!!!!They will be just fine this year!!!Wait and see!!!!!!!!!

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

baller_20 wrote:I think everyone is forgettin about western!!!!They will be just fine this year!!!Wait and see!!!!!!!!!

Well they don't in my perspective have any one that can really score and i watched them play quite a bit so who do they have coming back that will make a difference

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Livin LRG wrote:
a_c_m wrote:
1.East
2.Clay
3.Symmes Valley
4.Green
5.Eastern
6.Notre Dame
7.Western

no i didnt reposted the same with them on it because i forgot about them in the standings, and i dont count them out cuz nobody knows what any1 will have next year, it just depends on who works for it. sorry NB

What school do you play for? If you forgot them and left them off, all you had to do was make a correction or in some way acknowledge the fact that you left them out.

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

You did disrespect the New Boston Tigers! You left them off completely![/quote]

no i didnt reposted the same with them on it because i forgot about them in the standings, and i dont count them out cuz nobody knows what any1 will have next year, it just depends on who works for it. sorry NB[/quote]

What school do you play for? If you forgot them and left them off, all you had to do was make a correction or in some way acknowledge the fact that you left them out.[/quote]

Look right directly underneath the post where i forgot them, they are 6th on the list infront of western. it says NB for New Boston. I promise lol

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

You did leave em out just apologize and forget about it. That says ND for Notre Dame anyways.

Return to “Boys Basketball”