Green Bobcats

catscoachmac
Riding the Bench

Re: Green Bobcats

Post by catscoachmac »

Best of luck Coach Blanton! Hope you have a great season.

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Post by Interested In All »

If the kids that got cut would have had HOOP DREAMS they probably wouldn't have gotten cut. Dreams is just what they had.They wanted to wake up one morning and be good without working to get there

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

You get better in the summer. I doubt you would know that.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

You get better working hard not only in the summer
but all year around. but you should never cut freshmen.
the big three should have made a better judgement
in hiring a coach he's not ready.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Oh good; jumper's back :122249

blockcharge
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge »

First of all Congrats to Coach Blanton. Also I would like to give a little of his background as I know it. He is an extremely intelligent young man, he has one Bachlors Degree and was working on the 2nd (don't know if he's finished the 2nd yet or not). In High School he was Fearless as a kick and punt returner and a starter on both offense and defense. In Basketball he was a member of a team that went to the regional semi's and won at least 2 SOC championships, so he learned his basketball from Coach Lewis. In Basball he was a starter on a very talented team that won 19 games one year. So he knows what it takes to win, he got his x's & o's from one Green's best Coaches, record wise, he will treat the "Jimmies and Joes" with respect and will earn and demand their respect in return, and he work to improve his Team. I'm not sure what else anyone would want in a Coach. Remember Roy Williams of North Carolina wasn't Roy Williams at one time, he was just a young Coach starting out. I'm 100% behind Coach Blanton and I know he will take "Dead Aim" on his target, work to get there, and represent the community with class and honor.

Good Luck Coach

BuckeyeFan66
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeFan66 »

blockcharge wrote:Remember Roy Williams of North Carolina wasn't Roy Williams at one time, he was just a young Coach starting out

I'm not sure I would compare Bobby to ol'Roy just yet, maybe Bob Huggins, but not Roy.

Nobody ever said he wasn't a nice guy, it's his basketball credentials that are lacking. I hope he wins every game, but I gotta agree with several on here that 400 wins from an ex-coach look a lot better than 0.

blockcharge
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge »

How many wins did the 400 wins coach have before he coached his first team in a game, same with "Ol Roy".
Don't compare anyone to Huggs, great Coach but the Bar Tab is a back breaker

BuckeyeFan66
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeFan66 »

blockcharge wrote:How many wins did the 400 wins coach have before he coached his first team in a game

He coached the PHS JV team for a few seasons, then got the head job at South Point. That should have been Bobby's progression, sit as the JV coach and learn, then move up. The jump from Jr High to Varsity is too much.

Fraley worked under some real good head coaches at Ironton, Interested could fill us in on who.

blockcharge
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge »

Let me re-phrase. How many varsity wins? The point of my original post is that Coach Blanton is an intelligent, hard working young man. He is now the Varsity Coach at Green, I wish him nothing but success and hope he gets the support he needs. Whats done is done and is in the past, so I choose to live in the moment. I believe Coach Blanton has what it takes to be successful.

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

I would think as a board member that Buckeyefan66 ( not meaning the board member that put coach Blanton there for his son )would know all about Fraleys past experience and who he coached under

I think if someof you guys were hit right in the face with a two by four you wouldn't realize what has happened

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

blockcharge, I would guess your one of the school board members
that voted for coach Blanton. every Green fan hopes he wins every
game but we all know that he's not ready.

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Blockcharge is right.Whats in the past is in the past. There are many different views as to what and why things happened and who one wants to believe. Thats each ones choice to make. I think all of you are missing the real point here. Its not about coach Blanton being ready or not.That had nothing to do with it and why he was hired. It was all about a board members son getting guaranteed playing time and the coach that was hired was the only one that will make that happen.Fraley would only play who deseved to play.I was at the board meeting and heard what was said to a certain board member by Coach Fraley outside after it was over.You can believe what you want but that is the facts on why coach Blanton was hired

blockcharge
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge »

Flash - Bad guess

Evidently Coach Fraley stepped into a bad situation last year and did a good job. Since I do not know him I will not comment on him any further.

All I am saying is I support all the kids that play basketball and I support Coach Blanton. Topics like this which I'm sure the players at Green read only make the Coaches job tougher because that can create doubt and dissent.

baller7
Waterboy

Post by baller7 »

Interested In All wrote:Blockcharge is right.Whats in the past is in the past. There are many different views as to what and why things happened and who one wants to believe. Thats each ones choice to make. I think all of you are missing the real point here. Its not about coach Blanton being ready or not.That had nothing to do with it and why he was hired. It was all about a board members son getting guaranteed playing time and the coach that was hired was the only one that will make that happen.Fraley would only play who deseved to play.I was at the board meeting and heard what was said to a certain board member by Coach Fraley outside after it was over.You can believe what you want but that is the facts on why coach Blanton was hired

First coach blanton has had nothing but winning seasons as jr high coach second he will play who is deserving of playing time noone will tell him who to play GOOD LUCK COACH BLANTON AND HOPE THE PARENTS LEAVE YOU ALONE TO COACH

baller7
Waterboy

Post by baller7 »

Hoops wrote:Bridges the former asst. under Coach Royce. Not for sure though!

THIS IS CORRECT BRIDGES WAS HIRED FOR GIrls
Last edited by baller7 on Wed May 06, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baller7
Waterboy

Post by baller7 »

Big Pete wrote:It will be someone from his family, if my guess is right. his hiring was brought by that.And by a board menber who wants to control the coach. The board hired a guy who has coach 1-game(and loss it) and turn down a coach with over 450 wins! REAL SMART!

COACH BLANTON was told to coach the team 2 hours before the game KNOW the facts before you spout off HE has won more games and the tourn. at south webster for junior high with the same group of boys that are now on the highschool team He has had a number of undefeated and 1 loss seasons in his coaching of the junior high

baller7
Waterboy

Post by baller7 »

BuckeyeFan66 wrote:I agree Flash. Bobby was a below average Jr High coach, now he's handed the keys to the program. Its sad to think this was done to increase one players playing time but I think it was.

YOU need to check his record before making comments He has never had a losing season and won the co. tournament Beating much larger schools

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

blockcharge wrote:How many wins did the 400 wins coach have before he coached his first team in a game, same with "Ol Roy".
Don't compare anyone to Huggs, great Coach but the Bar Tab is a back breaker

im sure huggs can take care of his own bar tab

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

The undefeateated season was not coached by Bobby, it was by Kliaber, who controlled the tempo 4 years ago, not letting them run wild. I will support Bobby Dale, but Hughes should have been hired first in order to make Bobby and/or Fraley better prepared as a head Varsity coach. Bobby or Joe should have served as a JV coach for a couple of years under Mike to learn how to run a program. I no longer have to attend home games, my money now will go towards the 'Burgs coffers or some other team who will be competitive. IMO, Fraley got hosed. I only know one starter for next years team, and it's the B.M.'s kid. Vote 'em all out come Nov.!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”