south webster coaching

art_vandelay
SE

Re: south webster coaching

Post by art_vandelay »

bulkmove: just saw on the Portsmouth thread that Rhea has taken the junior varsity job at Portsmouth. Can't blame him as that is his alma mater. But he did apply for the Webster job from what I've heard. Even though he didn't get it, I think he would've been a pretty solid choice. Will be interesting to see who Ater gets to round out his staff.

Has anyone heard how the shootout/camps are going for Webster?*

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

I am pretty sure that Shane graduated from Notre Dame.

Champs2006
Waterboy

Post by Champs2006 »

Glad to hear Coach Rhea has joined the staff at Portsmouth with Coach Collins. He will be a great fit there. I hate that he is leaving but you have to understand it when he was "promised" the coaching job if Reese ever left, just as Coach Cole was "promised" the coaching job when Coach K left. If anything, I just don't like seeing quality coaches leave the program; especially when someone with less experience gets the job over those who are more qualified, IMO.

I don't think that anyone has anything against Coach Ater. No one really knows him yet. That will change when basketball season rolls around. I wish him all of the best and hope that he can put together a good staff.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

sportsfan: you're probably right...I was just assuming he went to PHS since his dad coached there. But either way, I agree with champs2006 that he'll be a good fit at Portsmouth.

champs: agreed...I haven't heard anybody complaining about Ater being the pick. I think people are willing to give him a chance and are looking forward to see how he coaches. I can guarantee people will be alot more receptive to him than they were to the last coach if Ater shows that he is committed to building a program here and is willing to put the necessary hours in.*

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Anyone know what the new coach is going to do all day until Bball practice? In other words is he teaching in the system and if "yes". What?

sportsfanatic3
Waterboy

Post by sportsfanatic3 »

Yes, he is the P.E. Teacher.

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

Any updates on who will be coaching the JV team?

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Manxious2 wrote:Any updates on who will be coaching the JV team?

Guess no one knows. Maybe the new dude is going to do it all by himself. A true SUPERCOACH :lol: :lol:

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

That's probably a good idea at least until he gets his system in place and gets some assistants he feels comfortable with.He may have already and just hasn't made it public knowledge.

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

Chessyfan09:

You obviously must know something about the new coach since he is from your school. I heard that he may be bringing someone from there to coach the JV. Is that true? is it Brian (C.Ball) Wells? he is well regarded among the coaching circles down there in the Chesapeake area. From what I am told. Anyway, I would just as soon have someone groomed for the job already in the system.

If anyone else has heard what's going on about the BB program.... let's hear?

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Guess no one has been hired for any assistants at any level.
In the PDT today that application are being taken for assistant coaches, boys, girls, highschool and Jr High. Maybe this will all be settled soon.

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

I've heard that a couple of former players are helping out this year. Not sure of their names, but I think one played some in college. I could guess, but don't want to start any rumors. Anyone know for sure the names of the new coaches?

Return to “Boys Basketball”