Portsmouth Trojans' Coach Eugene Collins

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Portsmouth Trojans' Coach Eugene Collins

Post by rxburgfan »

good luck to coach collins. he will have a tough job if attitudes don't change. hard to keep a team together when several don't show up for practice. the road will be bumpy. can he stand the ride without getting car sick?

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

RxBurgFan wrote:good luck to coach collins. he will have a tough job if attitudes don't change. hard to keep a team together when several don't show up for practice. the road will be bumpy. can he stand the ride without getting car sick?

from what most of the burg people on here posted after portsmouth beat them last season---------------the bigest attitude is gone,and someone elses problem.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth will be playing in the Chesapeake Shootout on June 6th at Chesapeake High School.......it is a very nice shootout coordinated by CHS head coach Ryan Davis........I think the starting time is right around 9 AM and the Trojans probably will be playing about 4 games total......the event concludes around 1 PM with a championship tournament. Looking forward to seeing a new look Portsmouth with Coach Collins.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

sportsfan43 wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:good luck to coach collins. he will have a tough job if attitudes don't change. hard to keep a team together when several don't show up for practice. the road will be bumpy. can he stand the ride without getting car sick?

from what most of the burg people on here posted after portsmouth beat them last season---------------the bigest attitude is gone,and someone elses problem.

Well, simple deduction. If his attitude don't change, he won't play. That I can guarantee you.

I believe he will be just fine at Burg and I'm looking forward to watching him play both football and basketball

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

yeah, wheelersburg has a cure for cancer :roll: :roll:

rockfish
Riding the Bench

Post by rockfish »

Forrest Johnson 6-0 senior
Patrick Underwood 6-1 senior
London Malone 5-9 senior
Tre Underwood 6-3 junior
Dion McKinley 6-5 sophomore

How is this starting lineup going to work? One player isn't even attending PHS.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

rockfish wrote:
Forrest Johnson 6-0 senior
Patrick Underwood 6-1 senior
London Malone 5-9 senior
Tre Underwood 6-3 junior
Dion McKinley 6-5 sophomore

How is this starting lineup going to work? One player isn't even attending PHS.

Where did he go?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

across the great divide. MD

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Who and where?

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

I think there talking abouth Tre Underwood being at Lewis County right now.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

I hope so, he's a very good football player that started every game last year at middle linebacker.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

When I posted my PROJECTED starting 5 for next season, I did so with the most updated info on who's coming back/or will be attending PHS next year........Tre Underwood is supposed to be coming back to Portsmouth........and if indeed he will be back, he should be in the starting lineup.

If he does stay at Lewis County, then the most likely players to start in his place would be Adam Bray or Isaiah Reeves, with sophomores Lenny Collins or Seth Bratchett a possibility......but I think Bray or Reeves would have to be the favorites.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Looks like the Trojans will be playing in the Ohio University Shootout in early July.......I will try to find out more details.......dates, times, and teams.........

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Dave please keep me updated on when in July the OU shootout is. I might be able to make that journey,depending on the date. So long as it doesn't interfere with my going to the beach time. :12224 :122245 . It is summer you know,and I don't live far from it.

Also I am happy Eugene got the job and wish him the BEST of LUCK.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

heard the kids had a great time at open gym yesterday?

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

biggdowgg: I went to the open gym on Wednesday, and the kids did seem to have a good time playing.........open gyms will be on Monday and Wednesday each week........

The Chesapeake Shootout will begin at 9:45 AM for Portsmouth, and the first game is Gallia Academy.......PHS is in the bracket with Chesapeake, GAHS, and South Gallia.......the other bracket has Oak Hill, Athens, River Valley, and Racine Southern. I think the Trojans will play 4 games and then a single elimination tournament will start........the whole event should be over around 1:30-2:00 PM.

OldTrojan: I found out yesterday that the OU shootout will start July 1st.......but I don't know any other specific info.......many shootouts have the varsity squads playing the first day, so it may be done that way at OU. When I find out more info, I will post it.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Had a great talk with Coach Collins yesterday........and he told me.........that former Shawnee State coach Jim Arnzen will serve as his varsity assistant.......THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!!.......

I think Coach Arnzen is a GREAT addition to the staff........Randy Nelson will also be back, and serve as an academic monitor for the team......good to have Randy back as well. Coach Collins has several other possibilites for other coaching positions........

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

So if 3 kids show up for practice, do you suspend the other 9 and forfeit a game?

nooknook78 wrote:

It's actually to easy keep a team together if people don't show up for practice. They don't play. As long as Coach Collins is consistent he'll have their attention. You've got to be fair firm and consistent with people. These aren't bad kids, they're definitely stereotyped. Are they perfect? No, but the previous coach didn't know how to deal with them. People find it hard to respect you if you say one thing and do another. Nobody likes a hypocrite how can you expect kids to like one. They stuck around last year only because most of the kids love basketball. The unsurity of the upcoming season is why some either considered or did transfer. So If Eugene can get them to buy into what he's doing they'll be all right.

Return to “Boys Basketball”