Wheelersburg Basketball 2009-2010

therepublican
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg Basketball 2009-2010

Post by therepublican »

The fact is...THE BURG IS BACK! Can't wait to watch the post moves of Stegman, Speed of Shank, Cross over moves of Bendolph and Whitley, Three's by Ward, Kemper, Lang, Warner, Miller, and Ballard. The tenacious Barrick defense is always fun to watch too! This in my opinion is going to be a team similar to the Eaton and Ellis era...should be a fun year for the boys..study hard..work hard..practice hard..and most importantly have fun!

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

I've heard some good things about the massie kid, how good is he?

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

wolley07 wrote:I've heard some good things about the massie kid, how good is he?

I can't say personally he has been the focus of the "discussion" around burg for this season. I am sure he is learning the Barrick basketball system..not sure what year he is in school??? Maybe JV? Anways, the varsity roster is locked in..no doubt about that.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Massis is a Freshman this year and is very, very quick. Will more than likely play JV along with McBee. Don't know how much varsity time they will get this year, but both are very quick with the ball. If Massie gets past you at halfcourt, forget it, it is a layup and McBee is probably one of the better ballhandlers that I've seen in awhile.

Burg has a strong future ahead of them. They could still be a year away also. The only downfall that they will have is that if they make it to the Convo this year, the only two with experience playing there are Lang and Stegman. Could play a factor in a tight game, but they have to make it there first.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

size will be a problem for burg. only height is about 6'6" and falls off dramatically after that. quick as cats but deep run into the tourney could be tough against teams with size. they will be more entertaining to watch vs last year. better learn to shoot outside.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

The game with Peake should tell us a lot about both teams. Peake's vets will remember Stegman, while Stegman will remember the Peake's speed & outside shotmaking. Plus, Peake will have that big kid from Rose Hill.

Both teams will learn from this game, which will help them as the season goes on.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Should be a good year for Burg this year and the coming years with all the young talent they have their.. Good Luck Burg..

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

RxBurgFan wrote:size will be a problem for burg. only height is about 6'6" and falls off dramatically after that. quick as cats but deep run into the tourney could be tough against teams with size. they will be more entertaining to watch vs last year. better learn to shoot outside.

Maybe for tournament but not for the SOC, I don't think.. Stegman 6'6" Ward 6'1 or 2" Kemper 6' 2" Slone 6'2" and a few others not named that are younger and easily break 6'0"...I don't think they will have a problem..they have some size.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

therepublican wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:size will be a problem for burg. only height is about 6'6" and falls off dramatically after that. quick as cats but deep run into the tourney could be tough against teams with size. they will be more entertaining to watch vs last year. better learn to shoot outside.

Maybe for tournament but not for the SOC, I don't think.. Stegman 6'6" Ward 6'1 or 2" Kemper 6' 2" Slone 6'2" and a few others not named that are younger and easily break 6'0"...I don't think they will have a problem..they have some size.

i'm not sure if he'll be on varsity this season or on jv again but one of the juniors on the team is 6' 1"

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

I believe Clay Massie is going to be the key to this program for these next four years. He is the chosen one I hear

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

with the existing junior class it will be hard for any underclass player to be a "key to this program". starting five for burg pretty much set for the next two years. this will depend on who is actually playing and will not be known for sure until after football season.

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

wolley07 wrote:I believe Clay Massie is going to be the key to this program for these next four years. He is the chosen one I hear

not sure about that but I doubt he will get much varsity time this year. No offense to Clay whatsoever he is a great ball player and I have enjoyed watching him for years, I just don't think he will step up to the Varsity level that quickly as a freshman with his size.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

I am sorry but Clay Massie isn't going to see the time of day on varsity..and I don't care how fast he is, he isn't faster than Shank.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

therepublican wrote:I am sorry but Clay Massie isn't going to see the time of day on varsity..and I don't care how fast he is, he isn't faster than Shank.

Have to agree with the republican(man that sounds weird),

Massie and the McBee boy are talented but will not see any varsity time. The guard positions are a lock for the next 2 years. Bendolph, Whitley, and company are simply better now.It is a shame, but likely neither will start varsity til they are seniors. Again, not a knock on either of them. Heck, McBee would be starting for Minford this year I bet.....but not at the Burg now.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Eaglesnest wrote:
therepublican wrote:I am sorry but Clay Massie isn't going to see the time of day on varsity..and I don't care how fast he is, he isn't faster than Shank.

Massie and the McBee boy are talented but will not see any varsity time. The guard positions are a lock for the next 2 years. Bendolph, Whitley, and company are simply better now.It is a shame, but likely neither will start varsity til they are seniors. Again, not a knock on either of them. Heck, McBee would be starting for Minford this year I bet.....but not at the Burg now.

Hey Eaglesnest do you think McBee would look good in an Eagles uniform.. :-D

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

I heard from outside sources..not sure if they are true, that some players from last year might not be playing this year??? You know how kids talk..they love to cause drama...but can anyone confirm this?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

91Grad wrote:
Eaglesnest wrote:

Hey Eaglesnest do you think McBee would look good in an Eagles uniform.. :-D

I know McBee's dad sure did! I doubt the apple would fall to far from the tree ;-)
I'm sure he'd love the freshman class as well...think they went undefeated last 2 years!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

With all the excitement on here about this team, I just might have to try and attend a game or two this season!

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

drrabbit wrote:With all the excitement on here about this team, I just might have to try and attend a game or two this season!

This year is got the Burg crazies on their feet! Everyone is looking for a good year with a strong tourny run. Main thing is everyone staying healthy..physically and Medically..flu will be going around! They have a new weapon with Bendolph and everyone has been playing in the off season! GO BURG!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

therepublican: i'm glad to see you won't be rooting for the Burg now since they added a transfer. Oh wait...hehehehehheeh*

Return to “Boys Basketball”