Wheelersburg Basketball 2009-2010

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg Basketball 2009-2010

Post by TribeManiac10 »

There is a slight possibility that they might get knocked out early in the tourny due to the strength of the Burg's sectional with teams like Peake, Oak Hill, valley, Ironton, and Portsmouth.

Big Poppy
Waterboy

Post by Big Poppy »

shank will not return this year he is have'n surgery on his shoulder....

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Big Poppy wrote:shank will not return this year he is have'n surgery on his shoulder....

hate to hear that any kid will have to miss an entire season...wish him nothing but the best in his surgery,and recovery

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Big Poppy wrote:shank will not return this year he is have'n surgery on his shoulder....

Man, that is going to really hurt the team. With the loss of Kemper, Whitley, and Craigmiles and now Schankweiler this team lost a lot of depth this year. Hopefully some of these younger kids can step up their game and produce this season. We just might end up seeing McBee or Massie moved up to varsity to fill some holes.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

looks like Bendolph will have to be the man,better hope he can handle Barricks no nonsense ways.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

sportsfan43 wrote:looks like Bendolph will have to be the man,better hope he can handle Barricks no nonsense ways.

I think Bendolph will be fine

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

sorry to hear this about shank, i still think the burg will be the team to beat in conference it seems they have a system of success

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

that isn't good. i just hope he can return in time for football

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Man, that is going to really hurt the team. With the loss of Kemper, Whitley, and Craigmiles and now Schankweiler this team lost a lot of depth this year. Hopefully some of these younger kids can step up their game and produce this season. We just might end up seeing McBee or Massie moved up to varsity to fill some holes.

JMO Dont see them moving McBee or Massie up to Varsity but I do beleive they should be 6th and 7th man on this team if Shank is out for the year

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

91Grad wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

JMO Dont see them moving McBee or Massie up to Varsity but I do beleive they should be 6th and 7th man on this team if Shank is out for the year

Huh?????? First you say you don't see them moving either one of those two up to varsity and then you say that you see them being the 6th or 7th man if Schank is out. I'd say it is a pretty good bet that one if not both will be on the varsity. It wouldn't be the first time that Barrick has played a Freshmen and this year he might not have a choice. I think both of them would fit very nicely on this team.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

I should have worded that differntly, I do think they should be the first ones off the bench but I didnt think that would happen with the rosters pretty much set.
I agree they would fit in nicely and contribute on the Varsity level..

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Gotcha! I agree that if all would have been on the roster taht was talked about before the tryouts, those two would not have been needed, but now it looks like they will get some good playing minutes on the varsity.

Don't expect either one of those two to be playing any of the Freshmen schedule this year.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Seen on another post that Bendolph's injury might be still bothering him. Any inside word on that?

As for bumping up boys from JV, just have to hope they don't make the mistake of moving them up and not playing them much. Your better off having them play at least 3 quarters of JV and be available for 2 quarters of varsity.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I sit with some fellows from burg at our game tonight,and they said Shank is not done for sure..just yet,said he was going to another doctor for a second opinion.

Bendolph was at the game,and did not look to be limping or anything,his dad said he was at about 85 percent.

Ex-Huddler
Waterboy

Post by Ex-Huddler »

Depth could hurt this team this year. What caused some of the players from last year to sit out

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

According to Big Poppy

[/quote]
kemper is working on his future with baseball and will be playing somewhere next year in colleage, whitley is focusing on football, working out with a personnal trainer and going to highschool combine workouts this winter, graigmiles well i just don't think he wanted to play.......[/quote]

free safety
Riding the Bench

Post by free safety »

The Burg will be just fine this year, I still say they will compete for the SOC crown. But if you look at last years program freshman, jv, varsity a total of 18(eighteen) kids that played last year is not playing this year, with no seniors on the last years team. So we shouldn't focus on just three boys not playing but the entire future of the program.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

free safety wrote:The Burg will be just fine this year, I still say they will compete for the SOC crown. But if you look at last years program freshman, jv, varsity a total of 18(eighteen) kids that played last year is not playing this year, with no seniors on the last years team. So we shouldn't focus on just three boys not playing but the entire future of the program.

Wow!!!!! That is alot, but with the majority of the starters returning next year, they should still be okay, also they have a strong Freshman team. Will be interesting this year to say the least.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

burg still wins the soc

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

I agree

Return to “Boys Basketball”