TVC Ohio 2009-2010

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Re: TVC Ohio 2009-2010

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

FLASH-G wrote:Brock Winston has moved to Vinton County his Dad works at Austin Powder he is 6' 6" tall has a nice game Vinton County post game will be hard to match.

Where did Brock Winston play last year? And is this fact or just a rumor? If this is true VC will be very tuff this year!! The only thing they were lacking was a TRUE big man.

redbone
Waterboy

Post by redbone »

The Vikings are the favorite, lets face it, the league is weak. Vinton County would compete in all the area leagues. Coach Combs does a good job of preparing his teams, they are well coached. Now, I do agree that sometimes their supporters get on this site and help to stir the pot, especially with the folks from Wellston.

Vinton County, then maybe Alexander , then the rest of the division.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:
FLASH-G wrote:Brock Winston has moved to Vinton County his Dad works at Austin Powder he is 6' 6" tall has a nice game Vinton County post game will be hard to match.

Where did Brock Winston play last year? And is this fact or just a rumor? If this is true VC will be very tuff this year!! The only thing they were lacking was a TRUE big man.

Yeh, I talked to someone on the staff this afternoon: if the Brock Winston deal comes down, VC is gonna be unstoppable. From what I hear, the Winston kid is for real! Otherwise, they're probably gonna underachieve....they're gonna miss Jake Prater. He was a leader and the rest of them have no heart.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ty Webb wrote:
BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:

Yeh, I talked to someone on the staff this afternoon: if the Brock Winston deal comes down, VC is gonna be unstoppable. From what I hear, the Winston kid is for real! Otherwise, they're probably gonna underachieve....they're gonna miss Jake Prater. He was a leader and the rest of them have no heart.

No heart huh??...Thats a very strong statement. Not sure I agree with that.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Sorry if we don't agree 96, but I'm a little worried about how the group VC might gel or moreover, not gel..ultimately kids gotta step up to keep the TVC Ohio VC dynasty going. I wish VC nothing but the best, but you gotta admit, last year they slid through the TVC and this year there's gonna be a bunch more parity in the TVC Ohio. If Winston really does land in VC, Combs will rack up a bunch more wins....otherwise, I'm not convinced the crop they got now has the sack to defend their title.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

I just got off the phone with a VC starter. He said he has not heard of the Winston kid.Doesnt mean he is not comming, but he has not attended any open gyms or been interduced to any of the players. However, VC is going to a shootout in Dayton this weekend it will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

Just heard that VC went 4-0 in the shootout. the only teams I can remember they played was miamisburg and I think a Dayton team.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

This Winston kid sounds alot like Ralph Whittington to me. :roll:

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

boilermaker wrote:This Winston kid sounds alot like Ralph Whittington to me. :roll:

As usual Boilermaker, you're wrong. Brock didn't make it to the VC camp, but Coach Combs and the Vikes did knock off Kettering Alter, Miamisburg, and some other high profile team from Indiana this weekend at team camp. I heard Brock(Sunshine) is flying in over the next couple weeks. I talked to his dad Thursday and he said that Sunshine is realling looking forward to getting enrolled at VC.

Finally, VC is getting kids into their district.

Next season oughta be fun!

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

In addition to knocking these teams off the Vikes managed to do it without Ethan Allen who did not play due to injury I believe. The future looks bright in McArthur!!!!!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

The race will be more than likely be a tight one, than a runaway for the Vikes. But as I have said before, it is the Vikes until somebody knocks them off.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:

You didnt see that Hillsboro player run into Dylan, did you?

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Space Cowboy wrote:
BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:

You didnt see that Hillsboro player run into Dylan, did you?

Actually yes I did. Probablly the best pick I have ever seen in highschool basketball. I think that kid was "out on his feet". However, this doesnt change the fact that Dyl is not a TRUE big man. He does have some size @ 6-3 or 6-4 270lbs+, however, he would be best utilized as a forward due to his ability to shoot the rock. If hes the only person underneath you take away a HUGE part of his game which stretches defenses and gives them fits. I think Dyl would be the first to tell you that he would welcome a true center to VC. All these boys want to do is win and if a 6'6" center will help them do so I'm sure he will be welcomed with open arms.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Actualy, Bluegrrassvike, I agree with you. I just couldnt help gettin in bout that pick :lol:

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

What garde is winston in??? Is he a senior or will V.C. have some size for a couple of years?

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

Winston is made up. No 6'6" players for VC in the near future.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Ty Webb wrote:
boilermaker wrote:This Winston kid sounds alot like Ralph Whittington to me. :roll:

As usual Boilermaker, you're wrong. Brock didn't make it to the VC camp, but Coach Combs and the Vikes did knock off Kettering Alter, Miamisburg, and some other high profile team from Indiana this weekend at team camp. I heard Brock(Sunshine) is flying in over the next couple weeks. I talked to his dad Thursday and he said that Sunshine is realling looking forward to getting enrolled at VC.

Finally, VC is getting kids into their district.

Next season oughta be fun!

If they went 4-0, in the Dayton area, this could be a good sign for another strong season. I grew up just south of Miamisburg and Kettering (Franklin) and there are alot of talented teams in that area.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Winston is wishful thinking, however, here are some non-fictional names to keep a listen for; Jordan Kidd, Brice Owings, L.B. Remy, and Matt Smallwood. These talented incoming freshmen have been working their butts off during the summer.

RocketMane
Waterboy

Post by RocketMane »

Jake Roberts wrote:
luckyman00 wrote:What is Coach Derrow's record the last 3 years?

In the TVC:
2008: 1-9
2007: 2-8
2006: 2-8
2005: 0-10
2004: 4-6

Overall:
2008: 4-17
2007: 3-18
2006: 8-14
2005: 2-19
2004: 7-14

ouch, dont expect much of an improvment if any at all this year either.

prepster
Riding the Bench

Post by prepster »

Who is the favorite in this league this season? Wellston won't win it but I say they will be improved? Wellston has had very little talent over the last five or six seasons, thats obvious. I think with Derrow back and improved younger players they will better over the next few seasons. This topic made me think about the following questions. What coach has been in the TVC the longest? Who has the most wins total in the TVC history? Overall wins? Just curious.

Return to “Boys Basketball”