Rock Hill Boys Basketball

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Re: Rock Hill Boys Basketball

Post by #1_fan »

rhfan1 wrote:Rock Hill is going to be unstoppable this year!

*cough, cough*
*knock on wood*
Let's just get that 1st W, then look @ #2, and so on and so forth. :122249 :lol: :lol:

RH Fan
Waterboy

Post by RH Fan »

I heard that RH has a good ball team this year. Some of these boys have played ball together since there 7th grade year. So I think we will have a winning season. Good Luck Redmen !!!! We Support You All The Way.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

rockhill look good 2nd half against valley,look more in shape :122245 :-D :) ;-)

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

INFIELD wrote:rockhill look good 2nd half against valley,look more in shape :122245 :-D :) ;-)

I agree. This Valley team is already in amazing shape, given it's only the 2nd/3rd week of real practice. And I would expect nothing different from this team, always well disciplined, and can always get up n down the floor, more so than most teams. And as of the last few years, Rock Hill has been known to be a strictly 1/2 court team, ever since Mills has left. But last night, the Redmen showed they CAN and plan to run with the ball. And this will be MUCH more effective once Blagg is back on the court. Both teams showed great defense all night, effort on both squads was unmatched. Probably the most shot blocking game I had seen in awhile. Between Cooke, and Valley's big boys, they really mounted up quick. Another notable mention, both of these teams were class-acts. I've met coaches from both staffs, and they seem to really emphasize sportmanship and respect, both items that will help these kids long after high school sports are over. I'm excited to watch this Redmen team in the weeks to come, and wish them the best this season. And to Valley I wish you all the same, go beat burg! :-D

GO REDMEN!

The Outsider2
Waterboy

Post by The Outsider2 »

#1 Fan,
Mills has not been at the hill in 3 years, don't blame him for the past 3 years of losing basketball. I think if you compared Mills' overall record while at RH you would find that he holds one of, if not the most successful win-loss record in the history of the basketball program. You might not liked the style all the time but they did win games when they had the talent to do so. I believe Coach Wilds and the rest of the staff are excellent choices and will do very well with the talent they have. GO Redmen & Redwomen.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

The Outsider2 wrote:#1 Fan,
Mills has not been at the hill in 3 years, don't blame him for the past 3 years of losing basketball. I think if you compared Mills' overall record while at RH you would find that he holds one of, if not the most successful win-loss record in the history of the basketball program. You might not liked the style all the time but they did win games when they had the talent to do so. I believe Coach Wilds and the rest of the staff are excellent choices and will do very well with the talent they have. GO Redmen & Redwomen.

I'd say Sam Hall and/or Scarberry are the two winningest. I don't think Rock Hill won a tournament game under Mills, correct me if I'm wrong. He did have a bit of talent too, but had to play in the D2 Sectional at Southeastern which is an absolute bear.

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

The Outsider2 wrote:#1 Fan,

Umm Outsider, I said "strictly a 1/2 court team, ever since Mills has left." Which means RH was a full court team before, which would be a compliment to Mills...? I personally liked Mills alot, I would never bash what he has done in the past. He's an excellent coach, and I really liked his style of play. I don't understand how you thought I was blaming him for the past 3years...because he left, maybe? I don't know, I think we're both confused. But just to set the record straight on my part: I am a Mills fan, and wish he had never left for the past 3 years. I miss the "Welcome to Millsville" days. :lol: :lol:
He had some high quality coaching, and was very disciplined. 2 things we've lacked since then... Until now. Coach Wilds is a great, great coach, and with his line up of ass. coaches behind him, this makes a very good staff. And from what I hear from the boys, it's going to be a very good new era. I'm excited to see this season start to unfold.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

The Boys are Behind Coach Wilds and the New Staff,very young group. I think they will surprise alot of teams this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”