Zane Trace Tip off Classic -2011

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Zane Trace Tip off Classic -2011

Post by pfloyd »

... Still looking for a complete Menu of Friday/Saturday games for the ZT TipOff Classic ... anyone have it yet ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

12/2

Bloom Carroll vs _________________ 8:15 pm game
(missing 2 games for Friday night)

12/3

Westfall vs Greenfield McClain 4pm
Huntington HS vs Vinton Co. 5:30pm
Logan Elm vs Hillsboro 7pm
Zane Trace vs Lucasville Valley 8:30pm

(MIssing 2 early boyz games on Saturday)

I tried to find schedules for other ZT participants last year :

Eastern Brown
Lynchburg-Clay
Piketon
Fairfield Leesburg
Alexander (not playing this year)
West Union

... couldn't find completed schedules for these teams - don't know if they are participating in the classic or not ...

JayBruce
Waterboy

Post by JayBruce »

Of the games that have already been confirmed, which game or two does everyone think will be the best match up?

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Here's what we have ...

FRIDAY, Dec. 2
GIRLS BASKETBALL
Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic: Alexander vs. Zane Trace, 5; McClain vs. Adena, 6:30
BOYS BASKETBALL
Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic: Cols. Africentric vs. Bloom-Carroll, 8

SATURDAY, Dec. 3
BOYS BASKETBALL
Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic: Westfall vs. McClain, 4; Huntington vs. Vinton County, 5:30; Hillsboro vs. Logan Elm 7; Lucasville Valley vs. Zane Trace, 8:30

(This came from Allen Koker, AD at Zane Trace)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... miggyt - perfect !!! thank you for going to the source and getting the info ... are there fewer games this year than in past years? ... I will still be in the "cheap seats" -the ZT folks put on a great show ... looking forward to all of these games - Huntington is getting a lot of consideration for being the TEAM to beat in the SVC this season so I really want to get a look at Coach Uhrig's squad - Dylan Gragg should have another outstanding year, with a supporting cast of Brendon Campbell/Blake Campbell/Brice Vickers/Luke Hocker to name a few for the Huntsmen ... the Braves of Logan Elm ... Lucasville Valley with Blake Yates ... Coach Combs' Vinton Co. Vikings are picked to finish at the top along with Athens in the TVC ... I usually can't get to see Hillsboro EXCEPT here at the ZT Classic so this will an important "get to see what they have" game for me ... Westfall is in the same boat ... throw in Bloom Carroll, who my Purple of Logan take on in their opener on the 6th of December ... Great lineup, great way to see some of the teams with hopes of being in the top tier of teams in Southern/Southeast Ohio ...

Mr Basketball 14
Freshman Team

Post by Mr Basketball 14 »

pfloyd wrote:... miggyt - perfect !!! thank you for going to the source and getting the info ... are there fewer games this year than in past years? ... I will still be in the "cheap seats" -the ZT folks put on a great show ... looking forward to all of these games - Huntington is getting a lot of consideration for being the TEAM to beat in the SVC this season so I really want to get a look at Coach Uhrig's squad - Dylan Gragg should have another outstanding year, with a supporting cast of Brendon Campbell/Blake Campbell/Brice Vickers/Luke Hocker to name a few for the Huntsmen ... the Braves of Logan Elm ... Lucasville Valley with Blake Yates ... Coach Combs' Vinton Co. Vikings are picked to finish at the top along with Athens in the TVC ... I usually can't get to see Hillsboro EXCEPT here at the ZT Classic so this will an important "get to see what they have" game for me ... Westfall is in the same boat ... throw in Bloom Carroll, who my Purple of Logan take on in their opener on the 6th of December ... Great lineup, great way to see some of the teams with hopes of being in the top tier of teams in Southern/Southeast Ohio ...

Just to give you a heads up. Huntington Has a new coach. Uhrig is coaching at OU Chillicothe.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Yeah looks like a few less games than usual.

The Africentric-Bloom game looks like the highlight game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Mr. Basketball 14 !!! I actually knew that from the preseason rundown that DaniC gave me - my mind is ALREADY gone apparently ... Travis Rinehart is the new mentor for the Huntsmen this season ... DaniC is high on HHS and the intensity that Coach Rinehart is bringing to that already good group of athletes ... thanks for keeping straight Mr. B14 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... ONLY 2 weeks from tonight !!! Bloom Carroll vs Africentric to tip off the "official" 2011-12 hoops campaign Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... hmmmm neither of these teams are from Below the Line!!! - the committee of one - ME - I don't care! I'll still be there !!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Bloom-Carroll wears purple, so that should endear them to you pfloyd. Anyway, I hear the Heartbreakers will probably be better than a year ago. I'd like to take in the game, but I'll be at another above-the-line game.

Lots of below the line ball on Saturday, and I'll be there for it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”