1/6 Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill

cincireds
Waterboy

Re: 1/6 Wheelersburg @ Oak Hill

Post by cincireds »

then what wrote:It's embarrassing. I talked to a board member he stated everyone hates Coach Ater. That should tell you something. Maybe a petition needs to be started to make a change. Like I said it was a bad hire the Board of Ed needs to step up. The kids deserve better. There are better coaches already on staff. MAKE THE CHANGE!
It is very embarrassing! A petition definitely needs to be started. STEP UP BOARD! or STEP DOWN ATER! Great group of athletes that deserve a chance in the tournaments! This is not like Burg.... Make Burg great again!

whodey24
Waterboy

Post by whodey24 »

then what wrote:
whodey24 wrote:The fans, Oak Hill radio station, and everyone else except for Ater & company realizes that going inside to Coleman is Wheelersburg's bread and butter. Players are so out of control and perimeter-minded that they don't think they should go down low and do a post move or crash the boards. Tanner Holden is a good player, but he would rather travel, get tied up in a jump ball, or force up a bad shot than pass to an open teammate. Holden and Lowery play a two-man passing game amongst themselves, as well. Meadows and Dyer hustled their butts off against Waverly. Reward your players who work hard for you and give you productive minutes. As long as Wheelersburg plays selfishly and undisciplined, they will be on the losing side of every big game they play. If I was Ater, I would study up on entry passing, a new defense and maybe how Stormin Norman ran his "open post" offense an

Reward the players and get a new coach. The kids are lost and are afraid to make a mistake. In practice he throws water bottles and tells the kids that they suck and never shoot the ball again. He wants respect but never gives it. He is a whinner crybaby annoying. He has no clue how to motivate today's youth. Our team started out scoring 99 points and have gotten worse every game playing kids out of position and not playing kids that would help the team because he's mad at them for standing up to his negativity. Rediculous. I'm done with him!
Absolutely! These kids have been told not to shoot for 4 years and then wonder why they have no pure shooters. Cowards never own up to their own problems though. They would have a better chance at winning with a player-coach.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'm sure someone with more tech knowledge can go back to my posts 4-5 years ago and say I called this one. This is exactly what happened when he was at South Webster. The program was left in shambles, so many teachers and families were simply done dealing with his nonsense. I can't tell you how many people were surprised that Wheelersburg was the one that ended up hiring him. Burg is too good of a school with too many good athletes to be where they're at this season. And like stated before, the real problems started last year and then this year have spiraled out of control.

Even more ironically, it was after the 4th season when SW had simply had enough. Must be a 4 year thing with this guy.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

cincireds wrote:
then what wrote:It's embarrassing. I talked to a board member he stated everyone hates Coach Ater. That should tell you something. Maybe a petition needs to be started to make a change. Like I said it was a bad hire the Board of Ed needs to step up. The kids deserve better. There are better coaches already on staff. MAKE THE CHANGE!
It is very embarrassing! A petition definitely needs to be started. STEP UP BOARD! or STEP DOWN ATER! Great group of athletes that deserve a chance in the tournaments! This is not like Burg.... Make Burg great again!
Saw a dude wearing a shirt the other day that read "Make Burg great again" on front of shirt. Back of shirt read "#BarrickforCoach". Trouble in Pirate country but plenty of season left to right the ship.*

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

[quote="bbjunky81"]I'm sure someone with more tech knowledge can go back to my posts 4-5 years ago and say I called this one. This is exactly what happened when he was at South Webster. The program was left in shambles, so many teachers and families were simply done dealing with his nonsense. I can't tell you how many people were surprised that Wheelersburg was the one that ended up hiring him. Burg is too good of a school with too many good athletes to be where they're at this season. And like stated before, the real problems started last year and then this year have spiraled out of control.

Even more ironically, it was after the 4th season when SW had simply had enough. Must be a 4 year thing with this guy.[/quote

We should have got rid of him after the 1st year. He has been unable to keep an assistant coach for more than a year because people can't stand him. He is the worst basketball coach. He gets caught up in watching the game and forgets to coach. He scripts his substitions the same way every game regardless of how the kids play. WHEELERSBURG DESERVES BETTER. This one is on the Board of Education.

SOCbuckeye
Waterboy

Post by SOCbuckeye »

Saw a dude wearing a shirt the other day that read "Make Burg great again" on front of shirt. Back of shirt read "#BarrickforCoach". Trouble in Pirate country but plenty of season left to right the ship.*[/quote]

Didn't people get fed up with Barrick too? It would be difficult for anyone to take that job. Way too much pressure. Lose 4 games to 4 quality teams and they start petitions? I'm interest to see who the Burg wants, excluding Barrick. Didn't Ater take them to the regionals one year?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

SOCbuckeye wrote:Saw a dude wearing a shirt the other day that read "Make Burg great again" on front of shirt. Back of shirt read "#BarrickforCoach". Trouble in Pirate country but plenty of season left to right the ship.*
Didn't people get fed up with Barrick too? It would be difficult for anyone to take that job. Way too much pressure. Lose 4 games to 4 quality teams and they start petitions? I'm interest to see who the Burg wants, excluding Barrick. Didn't Ater take them to the regionals one year?[/quote]

What about Dusty Spradlin, he is already hired by the board to coach the girls and I'm sure he would do fine with the talent that comes from burg. Just a thought he would be a good fit.

GO EAGLES
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

brown22 wrote:
SOCbuckeye wrote:Saw a dude wearing a shirt the other day that read "Make Burg great again" on front of shirt. Back of shirt read "#BarrickforCoach". Trouble in Pirate country but plenty of season left to right the ship.*
Didn't people get fed up with Barrick too? It would be difficult for anyone to take that job. Way too much pressure. Lose 4 games to 4 quality teams and they start petitions? I'm interest to see who the Burg wants, excluding Barrick. Didn't Ater take them to the regionals one year?
What about Dusty Spradlin, he is already hired by the board to coach the girls and I'm sure he would do fine with the talent that comes from burg. Just a thought he would be a good fit.[/quote]

The runner up last time the job was up got a consolation administration job at burg. I'm guessing he would be 1st on the list if a change is made

YeeYee2
Waterboy

Post by YeeYee2 »

If Ater was as good at coaching as his assistants are at sucking on him and not saying anything about the pathetic job that he does they'd win every dag gon game they play

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

I have heard of a few players who stopped playing basketball this year after playing ever year since biddy ball. The reason was the same in every case. I hope he doesn't drive away another crop of players next year.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

I think I saw where they have 2 juniors on the team out of 14 that started in 7th grade. Seems to me that something is wrong with the program if you have 12 kids out of 1 class that are no longer playing. It is a shame with the reputation that Wheelersburg has in sports that they are becoming an embarrassment on the basketball court because of the coaching staff and the actions of players complaining about calls made. The players complaining falls directly on the coach for allowing it.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I was curious about telling kids not to shoot because in the first game I saw Burg play against Valley, Tanner Bivens was lighting up the nets in the first half with something like 16-18 points. He was attacking the zone and hitting the jumper from the foul line. He comes out the 2nd half and shoots maybe twice and has not taken more than 4-5 shots a game since then.

WTH!!!!!

I have not been impressed with him since he has showed up and some of the stories I've heard about his practices is downright sad!!!

Lot of talent walking the hallways of the Burg that should be playing.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Not making a stand one way or the other for Ater, but this is a hornet's nest over there. Karma stinks sometimes, and when you run out a hall of fame coach who demands a lot out of his players, you reap what you sow. If I was Barrick, no way I'd ever consider coming back.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

bobcat2015 wrote:Not making a stand one way or the other for Ater, but this is a hornet's nest over there. Karma stinks sometimes, and when you run out a hall of fame coach who demands a lot out of his players, you reap what you sow. If I was Barrick, no way I'd ever consider coming back.
Barrick was a great coach and had a nice run but it was time for a change for him and burg

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Stop whining Burg posters..... You guys lose a few games and seem to want to blame everything from the Coach to all that Ghost talent walking the hallways!!! The Donald thinks the Russians have a hand in all that ghost talent not playing, and Ater is a Russian plant, put in to bring down the pirate nation!!!!! Here's what the Donalds going to do for the Burg..
1. Donalds going to encourage each Burg Fan who's distraught over the Burgs losses to have a cry- in Tuesday morning in the High School library.
2. To serve hot chocolate cookies, and have tissues on stand by...
3. encourage every Burg fan to find their safe place and receive counseling for these traumatic losses....
" I'M DONALD TRUMP AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE "

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

donaldtrump wrote:Stop whining Burg posters..... You guys lose a few games and seem to want to blame everything from the Coach to all that Ghost talent walking the hallways!!! The Donald thinks the Russians have a hand in all that ghost talent not playing, and Ater is a Russian plant, put in to bring down the pirate nation!!!!! Here's what the Donalds going to do for the Burg..
1. Donalds going to encourage each Burg Fan who's distraught over the Burgs losses to have a cry- in Tuesday morning in the High School library.
2. To serve hot chocolate cookies, and have tissues on stand by...
3. encourage every Burg fan to find their safe place and receive counseling for these traumatic losses....
" I'M DONALD TRUMP AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE "
:lol:

Burgpro
Waterboy

Post by Burgpro »

Why do you say a coach cannot coach? He has won games. Kids don't play hard for the coach because they hate him? That looks bad on the kid not the coach! You have to trust in his system and program! He has put players in D1! Some of our other programs are not doing that!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Burgpro wrote:Why do you say a coach cannot coach? He has won games. Kids don't play hard for the coach because they hate him? That looks bad on the kid not the coach! You have to trust in his system and program! He has put players in D1! Some of our other programs are not doing that!
He hasn't "put" any players in D1. I'm assuming you're talking about Austin Loop? His uncle helped get him a WALK ON at Marshall. Austin then EARNED the scholarship after 1-2 years of tremendous hard work.

You're wording it like he helped Loop get a scholarship. That couldn't be further from the truth, Austin EARNED that on his own.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Burgpro
Waterboy

Post by Burgpro »

fbnut wrote:
bobcat2015 wrote:Not making a stand one way or the other for Ater, but this is a hornet's nest over there. Karma stinks sometimes, and when you run out a hall of fame coach who demands a lot out of his players, you reap what you sow. If I was Barrick, no way I'd ever consider coming back.
Barrick was a great coach and had a nice run but it was time for a change for him and burg
The change for Barrick was because he wouldn't let the BOE and Super set his starters!

Burgpro
Waterboy

Post by Burgpro »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Burgpro wrote:Why do you say a coach cannot coach? He has won games. Kids don't play hard for the coach because they hate him? That looks bad on the kid not the coach! You have to trust in his system and program! He has put players in D1! Some of our other programs are not doing that!
He hasn't "put" any players in D1. I'm assuming you're talking about Austin Loop? His uncle helped get him a WALK ON at Marshall. Austin then EARNED the scholarship after 1-2 years of tremendous hard work.

You're wording it like he helped Loop get a scholarship. That couldn't be further from the truth, Austin EARNED that on his own.
Austins uncle didn't help him walk on at Marshall! He played at OU.....he isn't a Marshall fan! Ater had something to do with it just like he is doing now with the Holden kid.

Return to “Boys Basketball”