Thoughts on Fairfield Union vs Bloom Carroll friday?

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Thoughts on Fairfield Union vs Bloom Carroll friday?

Post by falconbball »

Big one at FU on Friday

Smeltzy
Varsity

Re: Thoughts on Fairfield Union vs Bloom Carroll friday?

Post by Smeltzy »

BC has the overall experience edge with all those Seniors. FU will win if they are dug in defensively and hitting their shots. Should be a dandy and the falcon nest will be a rockin!!!!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

This should be a great game!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'll take the Falcons by a basket. Should be a great game!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu biggest advantage over BC last year was the physicality that they play with. Think that has to be a major factor again. Fu is playing well and added some depth with Conley. Wish I could be home to see this one!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looking forward to heading up Rte 33 Friday night to take this one in firsthand ... it will be first eyes on FU since the holidays and the first time to see Mr. Conley with the team suited up for action ... Cheap Seat location, 2 hot dogs, a coke (hi-test only) & Twizzlers ... that's all I need ... and a bag of popcorn - that's all I need ... and an extra mechanical pencil THAT'S ALL I NEED ;-p ... I'm ready ! Good luck to FU !!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'd like to watch this one, but I have my duties elsewhere.

Folks may disagree with this, but my view for most of the season is.
1. Ridge Young is the best player in the MSL-Buckeye.
2. Bloom-Carroll has the best 1-2 and sometimes 1-2-3 punch in the MSL-Buckeye.
3. Fairfield Union, especially adding Conley here for the second half of the season and the tournament, is the most well-rounded and deepest team in the MSL-Buckeye. Colin Woodside is a very solid post player, always good for a double-double. And when Thompson, Price, Miller, Conrad and now Conley are hitting, it's a pick your poison as an opponent.

I love how both teams get after it with their man defense.

I feel at times FU settles too much for a semi-decent shot from the perimeter instead of running it through the post to either score inside or draw the double and then pass it out to their arsenal of shooters for an open three-ball.

I'll go with the Falcons by five.
Last edited by bman on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

pfloyd wrote:... looking forward to heading up Rte 33 Friday night to take this one in firsthand ... it will be first eyes on FU since the holidays and the first time to see Mr. Conley with the team suited up for action ... Cheap Seat location, 2 hot dogs, a coke (hi-test only) & Twizzlers ... that's all I need ... and a bag of popcorn - that's all I need ... and an extra mechanical pencil THAT'S ALL I NEED ;-p ... I'm ready ! Good luck to FU !!!

Not disrespect to hot dogs, but if they're selling the shredded chicken, it's a must. Sorta what fu is known for at footbal games, but can't remember if they sell it at basketball games.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Falcon01 wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... looking forward to heading up Rte 33 Friday night to take this one in firsthand ... it will be first eyes on FU since the holidays and the first time to see Mr. Conley with the team suited up for action ... Cheap Seat location, 2 hot dogs, a coke (hi-test only) & Twizzlers ... that's all I need ... and a bag of popcorn - that's all I need ... and an extra mechanical pencil THAT'S ALL I NEED ;-p ... I'm ready ! Good luck to FU !!!

Not disrespect to hot dogs, but if they're selling the shredded chicken, it's a must. Sorta what fu is known for at footbal games, but can't remember if they sell it at basketball games.
They sell those shredded chicken at some of the track meets, they are the bomb!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:

They sell those shredded chicken at some of the track meets, they are the bomb!
Off topic here, sort of, but when my wife was in cyber school at Kessler AFB in Biloxi, MS, they had a unit party. We made shredded chicken, and people had 1) no idea what we were talking about, 2) had to be talked into trying it, and 3) couldn't believe how good it was. It wasn't until then that I researched it and found out shredded chicken sandwiches are very much an ohio thing and most other places have no idea what you're even talking about. Crazy.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Should be a heck of a game . I'll say FU by 4 . BC may have trouble stopping FU Big. Good luck to both teams.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Better get there early I would expect nothing less than a full house. Keep rolling Falcons. We Believe!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Falcon01 wrote:

LOL - thanks for the inside scoop Falcon01 ! I WILL try the chicken sandwich ! they DO sell them at the concession stand too I recall a large number of folks in line in front of me getting one !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Did the starting five change with the addition of Conley for FU ? or has he been worked into the rotation first ? ...

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

They brought Conley off the bench against Circleville last week. He played significant minutes and had 11 points. I don't think he had a great game had to knock the dust off. I fully expect him to continue to improve. Man is he quick with the ball.

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Post by falconbball »

cant wait for this one heading there early to get a good seat. Coach Eversole will have them ready. I dont think BC has the strength to stop woodside inside. Conley is quick, Thompson well you better pick him up at half court or he will drain it from there lol. Miller and wolshire are quiet but a big key to their success, miller plays great D. Price isnt real big but can get to the rim and also a 3pt threat. This place will be packed with a college atmosphere tonight, both student sections will be rocking Go Falcons

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

falconbball wrote:cant wait for this one heading there early to get a good seat. Coach Eversole will have them ready. I dont think BC has the strength to stop woodside inside. Conley is quick, Thompson well you better pick him up at half court or he will drain it from there lol. Miller and wolshire are quiet but a big key to their success, miller plays great D. Price isnt real big but can get to the rim and also a 3pt threat. This place will be packed with a college atmosphere tonight, both student sections will be rocking Go Falcons
Student sections and students really going at it today on Twitter.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

FU 25-15 half ... 24 fouls called in the first half ... Woodside/Thompson both sat out the entire 2nd Qtr!!!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Were they legit calls and did it change any after Half time?

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

FU. 46
BC. 42
Final

BC made a valiant comeback but FU never trailed. If they hit free throws it's bigger margin. Great game though.

Return to “Boys Basketball”