2010 National Hoops Classic at Wellston High School

captin midnight
Waterboy

Re: 2010 National Hoops Classic at Wellston High School

Post by captin midnight »

Any info on the amount of possible scouts/college teams that will be in attendance to look at the talent in this tourny?

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Where will the teams traveling from out-of-state stay? Just wondering.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

this looks like an awesome event, i will be sure to watch a day or two

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

Great Event - I bought my tickets today

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Coach Derrow does it again. Great job of getting big teams into the area for local fans to watch. Keep up the good works Coach.

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

Only two weeks away and I can't wait - already bought a tickert for all three days they are on sale at all participating area schools. Sat and Sun are both awesome days and Monday has some real good games also.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is the Menu of Games/Teams posted on page one of this thread STILL set for the Classic in 2 weeks???

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

IS there any way around the $10 per person if you are just attending the Jackson/Wellston game? The price is certainly fair with the teams coming in....but my family and I try to catch most of Jackson's games....$40 to see Jackson/Wellston is just too much for 1 hr and 45 minutes IMO....but I do understand the $10

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

You would normally pay 5.00 a person for a doubleheader at Jackson and 2.00 for parking. I bet it cost alot of money to run this event. It cost 7-8 dollars a person to take in a hour and 45 minute movie in Jackson , and even though I do understand your comment and I do empathize with you I already paid my $50.00 for my family to see the entire schedule of games. I will also take my son to Sunday and Mondays games also. I undrstand the better the event the higher the ticket price. Jackson should be selling pre-sale tickets and I think they get a percentage of their tickets sold. Anyway I would rather pay once in a while to see these type games and see these big time teams from out of state than not get to see this type of event. Hope to see as many Wellston and jackson fans at the events as possible. Both teams are having good seasons and they deserve our support. See you at the game. They gave me a schedule when I bought my tickets at Wellston and the schedule is still the same.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Again, I understand....just wondering.

****Haven't been to a movie at Jackson's theatre in about 7 years.

At Jackson it would cost a family of 4 $22 for JV and varsity.......I would just like another option for those just going to see the "little games"

Plus my family pass for $150.....so far I've seen 5 football, 5 basketball, 8 volleyball....we've way more than paid for my Jackson athletic events already.....plus the majority of bball still left and will be at every home varsity softball game (which will require admission)

Again, just wondering.

Thanks

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The menu of games look very good. I'm planning on being down Sunday for the Logan Elm game and may come early to see SVSM.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Trooper wrote:Where will the teams traveling from out-of-state stay? Just wondering.

Anyone know?

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Athens plays Greenup County. Does anybody know anything about Greenup?

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

Hope this weather clears by next weekend with teams coming from all over we hope we get better weather. Hope each of you are planning to attend the National Hoops Classic January16th,17th,18th at Wellston.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I am planning on being there for Saturday's games.......looks like a good lineup.

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

This weekend-!!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Trooper wrote:
Trooper wrote:Where will the teams traveling from out-of-state stay? Just wondering.

Anyone know?

Glenroy Inn :lol: :lol: ...

DOnt know but probably in Jackson.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Ironman92 wrote:Eastern probably had some SUPERsize pull to get into this tourney!

Yes.Coach Fitch must have connections to get in this caliber of event.I seen on the news that Charleston Central Catholic is ranked #2 in the state in WV.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

I glanced over the two pages and didn't see any names mentioned of any blue chip players and where they are going. Does anyone know who are the players to watch in this tourny, what team they play for and what colleges are looking at them? I'll be going to most of the games anyway, but its always interesting to know who is going where, Thanks!

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

WOW, didn't know they were ranked 2nd in the state of WV. Is that in their division and how big of a school are they. This will really help out the Eagles come tourny time. The toughest oppenent they have played so far is Piketon, wander if they are better or equal to them?

Return to “Boys Basketball”