OVC 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

SPHSsoftball5
Waterboy

Re: OVC 09-10 Thoughts and Predictions

Post by SPHSsoftball5 »

since one of the two for sp didnt have grades, i know one person for sure who is coming out that didnt play last year. hopefully sp will stay well enough to compete for atleast a share of the OVC.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

wow, im glad to see that lefty is gonna play

SPHSsoftball5
Waterboy

Post by SPHSsoftball5 »

yeah me too

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

The kids without the grades...when will they be eligible to play?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

ovc fan wrote:The kids without the grades...when will they be eligible to play?

Not until grade cards come out January 8th

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

While Peake appears on paper to be the best of the OVC, they'll hafta play every game HARD, as the resta the OVC schools appear to have at least a decent team this year. Peake must not forget that "on a given night...". And EVERYONE will be wanting to knock Peake off!

That aside, I don't believe Coach Davis will allow any slacking, especially if he's assisted by C-Ball.

It's good that Peake is opening with two stern tests in Ironton & W-Burg. But I believe that every OVC game might well be a stern test as well. All it takes is an opponent having twp players on a hot streak & you find yourself ten points down in a trice. Knowing this, I believe Coach Davis will have "Plan B" & "Plan C" to counteract a hot burst by an opponent. I don't think he'll let his team take ANY opponent lightly, especially in the OVC

South Point & Fairland will be right there, and I wouldn't ignore Rock Hill, either. If Coal Grove and RV play with 100% spunk & get someone hot, they could dish out some upsets in Conference play. I believe peake will win the Conference, but it might not be decided until the last game or two, even if Peake is undefeated in the Conference near the enda the season.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

No C-Ball asst.

Davis has a new one though who I heard was pretty good. The rest are his golfing buddies I hear.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

avalanche wrote:No C-Ball asst.

Davis has a new one though who I heard was pretty good. The rest are his golfing buddies I hear.

He might not need much help. And golfing buddies might still be good asst's.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Was a toss up as to who I went to see play saturday. Was going to watch Fairland but changed my mind at the last minute. Went to Lucasville and watched the Peake. I must say they looked mighty impressive. They disposed of North Adams, Zane Trace and Lucasville Valley pretty easily. They looked really good for their first outing together. Will score a ton of points this year. I did hear that Fairland played really well against Gallia and Alexander. Any other news from the other teams this weekend?

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Heard that South Point won their scrimmage 76-39 over Ironton St. joe

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

South Point should have a good test tonight as they scrimmage huntington prep.

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

Rock Hill handled Portsmouth East(Which they should) quite well saturday. 77-24 I believe was the final tally.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Chesapeake should be the prohibitive favorite to win the OVC.......the Panthers will have a lot more size to go along with Trent Saunders, Nathan Copley and Peter Lintz. Austin McMasters at 6-4 will be able to give CHS some glass strength, and he is very capable of going outside to score as well as posting up in the paint.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

What happened in the South Point vs Huntington Prep scrimmage? I cant imagine any local teams could keep up with them! The kid from Senegal is about 6-10 and they have guards that are 6'4! They are playing against a team from NC in the beast of the southeast tourney at Chesapeake on Jan 16.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

PEAKE should be the favorite but with new coachs any thing can happen

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

1.) Chesapeake- Man, this looks like a good team. They SHOULD win the title outright, but anything can happen. Wouldn't be the first time I thought a team in the OVC would be going deep in playoff territory, and then not even win the title. No reason to go into more detail, it's all over this forum.
2.) Fairland- Returning some quick guards that can shoot, drive, and pass. I'm just wondering of how deep their going to be. That type of running offense takes bodies.
3.) Rock Hill- Big body inside always accounts for alot. The 6'10'' Cooke kid will get his numbers, and Blagg will get his aswell, but again, "How deep?". With this new coaching staff, I look for some under-classmen to step up aswell.
4.) South Point- Seems they had some eligibility issues last year, hope this doesn't effect this team again. This team COULD be a good balanced team, with shooters on the outside, and a couple of big bodies inside. But I believe this will be the hardest team to place, they could finish 2nd, and they could finish 5th.
5.) River Valley- McAvena is the only kid on this roster I've heard of/seen. He's a great ball player, but will obviously need help. One player can only take you so far.
6.) Coal Grove- I don't really know anything about them. They returned Dameron, I believe. I forget the point guards name, nice athlete. Once again, no clue if he's returning. Just a big "???" over top of them for me.

I think this will be an exciting year in OVC play. Hope the best to all teams, and a safe injury free season!

Footballrules
Waterboy

Post by Footballrules »

Coal Grove has Sparks---Ferguson--Goodwin--Monnier returning---they could be a competative team if they play hard and work as a team! They have the talent !! They just need to pull it togethor!! I can see Coal Grove doing something this year!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I agree if Evan Ferguson is healthy CG could win a lot of games this year. I also believe if Mitch Davenport plays for the Redmen they will be a good team also. The Ovc will be a very deep league this year. I think every team will have to play their A game or they could get beat.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

bucking red wrote:I agree if Evan Ferguson is healthy CG could win a lot of games this year. I also believe if Mitch Davenport plays for the Redmen they will be a good team also. The Ovc will be a very deep league this year. I think every team will have to play their A game or they could get beat.

DAVENPORT IS NOT PLAYING AT ROCKHILL AND YOU ARE RIGHT EVERY TEAM WILL HAVE TO PLAY THERE A GAME

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

Davenport isn't playing for the Hill, and neither is Malone. Both would've been great additions to this team, but -shoulda-coulda-woulda. The roster is set! ;)

Return to “Boys Basketball”