Warren vs Athens

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Warren vs Athens

Post by 93Bulldog »

Could someone post a Warren roster please? Floyd? Anyone?

Thanks!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren

6-0 Cameron Bartmess ... 1 ... 12
6-5 Josh Huffman ......... 15 ... 11
6-7 Chase Weihl ........... 23 ... 12
5-11 Kyler Dennis .......... 30 ... 12
6-3 Bryce Gandee ......... 34 ... 12

3 ... Trace Congleton ... 12
22 .. Bishop Ford ... 12
24 .. Jared Hall ... 11

Thomas Williams ... 5 ... 11
Noah Nichols ........ 11 ... 10
Garrett Miller ....... 35 ... 10

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thanks, floyd!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VisionQuest wrote:Depends on which Athens team shows up IMO. In their impressive win against Logan Elm-Athens had a nice and balanced scoring attack-Same in the OT Loss to Fairland. Warren will Key on Lutz-Last year I think they shut him down in Athens. Someone correct me if I am wrong or provide Stats as I am curious to see how he did. Dickleman and Hynes can matchup with Wiehl and Huffman. Sounds like Warren has some Guards who can Shoot the Lights out....Who brings their A-Game??-Athens needs to hit the 3-Ball when they get the Open Looks-Going to be a tall task to pound the ball Inside against The shot blocker Wiehl and Big Bodied Huffman-it's going to be a "Dogfight" in The Paint...Hoping for a Competive and Injury Free game....

I have to disagree with one comment , that "Dickelman and Hynes can matchup with Weihl and Huffman" - not going to happen ... Weihl has the 6-7 size advantage to go with experience/length/"ups" and basketball IQ ... Huffman at 6-5 & strong/active at both ends, gets to the rim, plays solid D to go with his own experience in the paint ... both get out in transition, both finish IN transition ... I give Warren a "BIG" advantage in the paint ...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

pfloyd wrote:
VisionQuest wrote:Depends on which Athens team shows up IMO. In their impressive win against Logan Elm-Athens had a nice and balanced scoring attack-Same in the OT Loss to Fairland. Warren will Key on Lutz-Last year I think they shut him down in Athens. Someone correct me if I am wrong or provide Stats as I am curious to see how he did. Dickleman and Hynes can matchup with Wiehl and Huffman. Sounds like Warren has some Guards who can Shoot the Lights out....Who brings their A-Game??-Athens needs to hit the 3-Ball when they get the Open Looks-Going to be a tall task to pound the ball Inside against The shot blocker Wiehl and Big Bodied Huffman-it's going to be a "Dogfight" in The Paint...Hoping for a Competive and Injury Free game....

I have to disagree with one comment , that "Dickelman and Hynes can matchup with Weihl and Huffman" - not going to happen ... Weihl has the 6-7 size advantage to go with experience/length/"ups" and basketball IQ ... Huffman at 6-5 & strong/active at both ends, gets to the rim, plays solid D to go with his own experience in the paint ... both get out in transition, both finish IN transition ... I give Warren a "BIG" advantage in the paint ...

Glad you recognized my thoughts on this one PFloyd-I'm not quite as Polished as you-But I am "a learnin and a studying"-And admittedly I may be a little Subjective at times-and that sometimes leads to "wishful thinking and optimism"....Nonetheless; I will acknowledge that Athens will have their hands full and Dickelman and Hynes will need to play the Game of their lives come Saturday night if they want to "Compete in the Paint"...If I was Athens I would just Shoot 3s All night long-Chuck it from the Cheap Seats-Pun Intended-LOL...What do they have to Lose??-Oh that's Right-A Ball Game... :D

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Freshman game start at 5:00???

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Recent events have me a "smidge" more Hopeful-I'm feeling like Kevin Costner in Tin Cup-Much in the way he believed there is a time in the Cosmos-where all the stars Align for the Underdog-With the upset of VC by Alexander-And Jackson giving Warren a Handful tonight-Is this the Time??-Someone said at some time those Law of Averages have to kick in-Time will tell-Showdown tomorrow night in the Warrior Dome...

GroveCityBnR
Waterboy

Post by GroveCityBnR »

Talking to a friend that went to the Jackson/Warren game and he said he didn't see Athens there scouting. Did they have a makeup game tonight?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I wasn't overly impressed with warren tonight . I thinks Athens will win. But please note that I know nothing about the game of basketball .
Last edited by Poo Bear on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

GroveCityBnR wrote:Talking to a friend that went to the Jackson/Warren game and he said he didn't see Athens there scouting. Did they have a makeup game tonight?
First, Warren had to grind it out tonight, Coach Morrow and staff are doing a nice job at Jackson and had a nice game plan and the kids were prepared, never an easy place for Warren to play. Going to have to play better than that to beat Athens tomorrow night.

That being said, funny you mention that, I was up on the indoor track tonight watching the game and I didn't think I saw any Athens coaches. They must be really good if they don't even need to scout. Has me just a bit concerned.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Poo Bear wrote:I wasn't overly impressed with warren tonight . I thinks Athens will win. But please not that I know nothing about the game of basketball .

Jackson has never been an easy place for us to play, going all the way back to your old gym the Furnance. That being said, I know coach Morrow scouted us several times, I'm scratching my head as to why Athens wasn't scouting this game.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I think I "spotted" one of their Coaches at the Inaugaration in DC-Wearing Forest Green and Vegas Gold-Shook hands with Trump even-I Read lips and pretty sure I saw Trump whisper in their Ear-"Don't worry-Putin will have Warrens game plans sent to your Laptop by Tomorrow morning"..... :lol:

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

93Bulldog wrote:Freshman game start at 5:00???

Warren website has freshman game starting at 5:00.

thebarlowbandit
All State

VisionQuest wrote:I think I "spotted" one of their Coaches at the Inaugaration in DC-Wearing Forest Green and Vegas Gold-Shook hands with Trump even-I Read lips and pretty sure I saw Trump whisper in their Ear-"Don't worry-Putin will have Warrens game plans sent to your Laptop by Tomorrow morning"..... :lol:

Hope it's a better report than the New Lexington report was. The problem is when you rely on the Russians, they didn't know the difference between Lexington and Concord and New Lexington. because people still shaking their heads on that one.

thebarlowbandit
All State

VisionQuest wrote:I think I "spotted" one of their Coaches at the Inaugaration in DC-Wearing Forest Green and Vegas Gold-Shook hands with Trump even-I Read lips and pretty sure I saw Trump whisper in their Ear-"Don't worry-Putin will have Warrens game plans sent to your Laptop by Tomorrow morning"..... :lol:

Putin says #20 like a Scud missle, outside of 5' feet, no worries because it's not accurate.

Transparent
Waterboy

Post by Transparent »

I heard through the fence same thing of no bulldogs coaches scouting tonight. Really? Surley they were there. Athens has the talent to win in the Warrior dome, I just hope we're ready.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote:

Putin says #20 like a Scud missle, outside of 5' feet, no worries because it's not accurate.
Bandit you are Cruising for a Bruising if sportsmom20 finds out your True Identity-anyways we can step over into the "getting off topic" thread-and throw some "jabs" if you want-Be a Man-I invited you over there after you ran your Jib on the Athens @ New Lexington thread
Man

thebarlowbandit
All State

You are the ones that brought the Russians into this and their scouting reports. Just gave you a glimpse of what the e-mail that Putin sent actually said. Remember, it's you that said kids are fair game.

And I'll be sure to say hi tomorrow night.

thebarlowbandit
All State

And if I miss you tomorrow, I'll catch you at the Elite Center soon.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote:You are the ones that brought the Russians into this and their scouting reports. Just gave you a glimpse of what the e-mail that Putin sent actually said. Remember, it's you that said kids are fair game.

And I'll be sure to say hi tomorrow night.
It's not me you have to worry about...Are You going to be the one in the big blue shirt??? :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”