TVC-Ohio 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who wins?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:17 pm

Total votes: 0

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: TVC-Ohio 09-10 Thoughts and Predictions

Post by Dundas »

Dart wrote:This is bold i know...but i think Athens will surprise people just as they did in football.

1. Athens
2. VC
3. Belpre
4. Alex
5. Meigs
6. Wellston
7. NY

4 & 5 are interchangable...

Very well could end up this way..A.lthough i think Athens can and may take down the Vikings in one of their matchups this year...i do see Athens getting upset along the way as well...Possibly at Belpre..which may be the toughest place to play in the league. Athens has a great team and will make a push...They will definatly be in position for a championship down the stretch..no question on that one.

primetime_08
Waterboy

Post by primetime_08 »

Vc is the preseason favorite..and it should be that way...i dnt remember Florida getting #2 preseason ranking after winning the champion ship? so vc is the favorite...and vc will win it...combs is a great coach..and the vc boys are winners..u can throw football and baseball out the window..when its basketball season in viking country vinton county itself is a different atmosphere ...we may stumble a few times this year but it wont be in league play..bold predictions i know...just wait an c...bring it home boys...

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

VC is undoubtedly the preseason favorite. 3 TVC titles in a row means youre the top dog until proven otherwise. I could see where Athens could be a potential contender. Alex has talent and is well coached, but I think they lost more talent than they replaced.
VC has the depth, the talent, the coaching, and the experience. ;-)

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

Frank Valentour all of the tvc this year.

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

What happened to the TVC Hocking topic?

Dart
Waterboy

Post by Dart »

bulldog0909 wrote:Frank Valentour all of the tvc this year.

What?

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

I think he meant that he would be All TVC this year...maybe?

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

With the departure of Prater VC will have to play without a "true" big man for the 1st time in several years. However, from what I have heard out of the summer games Dyl Guthrie has filled in nicely. His bulk in the middle will cause fits for the TVC. In addition the Vikes are loaded with guards. Grillo, Allen and company should be able to play intense "D" with constant ball pressure due to the deep bench. I look for anonther TVC banner coming to McArthur this year with Athens taking the silver in the TVC Ohio. Should be a great season.
GO VIKES!!!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

BGVike, One thing fer sure, aint many gonna manhandle Guthrie. :lol:
4 seniors returning. VC is still in pretty solid shape.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

There are five seniors returning; Ethan Allen, Andy Grillo, Dylan Guthrie, Taylor Reed, and Steve Thompson. All five will see significant minutes, along with juniors Levi Lawhead, Adam Ward, and Jay Wiseman. Juniors Justin Breniser and Bobby Walton will push the inner team competition level, as will Sophomores Joey Batey and Ryan Chesser and rounding out the Varsity team is freshman L.B. Remy. This probably the deepest (and quickest) team that Coach Comb's has had in recent years, if at all. It will be fun and exciting year.

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

This is going to be an exciting year! Four of those five seniors are the original McArthur Buckeye Diaper Dandies!! :cry: Ethan joined in a little later. This will be an emotional year for Coach Guthrie and Coach Grillo and Mrs FrankieG, we have been with these boys since 2nd grade! :cry: Well, one or two since birth! :122245

GO VIKES!

gotgame
Freshman Team

Post by gotgame »

Coach Parsons has been with our kids at Belpre since third grade. Very emotional year on our end as well. Seems like yesterday these two groups were battiling for the FH 4th grade Holiday Championship.

Even though I'm from Belpre, long before this group from Vinton Co was wining TVC Championships, I knew that those kids, Grillo & Co were a class act.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

well said gotgame.

captin midnight
Waterboy

Post by captin midnight »

I'd have to say that Wellston has a chance this year, especially with the TVC extremely bad this year....I mean everyone is lacking talent compared to other teams in the state/area for there divisions....For people to be claiming VC champs already is reasonable, but they lack any front court..I know Guthrie is big, but he is not his brother.

Any info for possible starters every team?

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

My fault, Hawkeye. You are correct. It is 5 seniors.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

captin midnight wrote:I'd have to say that Wellston has a chance this year, especially with the TVC extremely bad this year....I mean everyone is lacking talent compared to other teams in the state/area for there divisions....For people to be claiming VC champs already is reasonable, but they lack any front court..I know Guthrie is big, but he is not his brother.

Dyl Guthrie may not be Dut Guthrie, but saying Wellston has a legit shot this year is like saying you ate paint chips alot as a kid. I dont hate Wellston, but their program took a serious slam last season. Theyre not going to recover from that in just one off-season.

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

captin midnight wrote:I'd have to say that Wellston has a chance this year, especially with the TVC extremely bad this year....I mean everyone is lacking talent compared to other teams in the state/area for there divisions....For people to be claiming VC champs already is reasonable, but they lack any front court..I know Guthrie is big, but he is not his brother.

You are right, captin. Dyl is not Dut, I think Dut's high score against Wellston is 20 pts in one game and Dyl's is 28 pts in one game. A big difference in the two Guthrie's is that Dyl WILL shoot the ball, you should be VERY cautious with dismissing Baby Dyl just because he is not his big bro ! :oops:

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Had the chance to watch a middle of the pack in the mvl New Lex team scrimmage at Nelsonville the other night. If that team wins a game this year I'd hate to see who they beat, possibly Miller? Nelsonville was the most undisciplined group of kids I've ever witnessed on a bball court and their attitude was horrible. I felt bad for their coach just watching, didn't seem to be much respect. They also are playing their varsity games in that tiny middle school gym which has rims that are a few inches too low for sure.

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

Space Cowboy - I have been to most of their practices, and I saw them scrimmage. They have already recovered. Derrow is a veteran coach and knows what buttons to push. If the talent is there they will be in the mix. If the talent is not there, I guarantee they will play harder than any team on your schedule. These kids and coaches efforts have been unbelievable so far and their attitudes are great. Just my view from the bleechers. They are really young also - 11 or 12 (9th-10th)graders out of 15 kids practicing in their vasrity practice every day.They only have 4 seniors on their roster.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

highspeed wrote:Space Cowboy - I have been to most of their practices, and I saw them scrimmage. They have already recovered. Derrow is a veteran coach and knows what buttons to push. If the talent is there they will be in the mix. If the talent is not there, I guarantee they will play harder than any team on your schedule. These kids and coaches efforts have been unbelievable so far and their attitudes are great. Just my view from the bleechers. They are really young also - 11 or 12 (9th-10th)graders out of 15 kids practicing in their vasrity practice every day.They only have 4 seniors on their roster.

Thats exactly why they wont win the league this year. They are at least a year or two away from geting back in the top half of the league. With that said...Wellston will surprise a couple teams this year! (ie. Alex, Athens)

Return to “Boys Basketball”