Eastern Pike vs. Porstmouth Clay 1-20

brown22
Varsity

Re: Eastern Pike vs. Porstmouth Clay 1-20

Post by brown22 »

Gold and Blue wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Gold and Blue wrote:Better to have some hot shooters than no shooters. Where did that senior class record come from. Looks like a haymaker punch. Don't try to downplay like last night meant nothing.
That's the Senior class record against Eastern. Last night meant 1 loss that's what it was, now Clay needs help from other teams in the league or it means very little just 1 game. Clay does have better shooters but the Eagles have kids that need to look to score more and won't and it's hurting our offense.
Agree probably little harsh EPN on my part . The senior record would be a discussion if same kids. Our same junior high starting 5 play. Your team different with county help. Not sure why it was brought up . I do agree the Eastern players especially the scorers look tentative. Coach quick pull with some shots? Saw oldest Leist make move and attempted shot and pulled from game. Maybe scheduled rest but looked like removal for offensive move. Just curious your opinion and I believe you have more than an opinion.
Eagles don't always look to take the best shot and it seems Coach is cracking down a little more on forcing bad shots. Everybody wants to score and I have no problem with that, but when we force our way into the lane and don't even realize guys are open its gonna cause issues and people are gonna say Eastern has problems scoring and we shouldn't have this problem with our talent. Clay Martin, Quentin Alley don't even look to score anymore and if they are open we need them to shoot for our offense to be successful last night they combined shot 7 times. If you give up 45 points you should win that ball game, if your shooting is poor then shoot more shots do whatever it takes to win when you only give up 45 points and we didn't do that. Eagles will be fine we just need to get our offense more consistent from night to night.

GO EAGLES
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Gold and Blue wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Gold and Blue wrote:Better to have some hot shooters than no shooters. Where did that senior class record come from. Looks like a haymaker punch. Don't try to downplay like last night meant nothing.
That's the Senior class record against Eastern. Last night meant 1 loss that's what it was, now Clay needs help from other teams in the league or it means very little just 1 game. Clay does have better shooters but the Eagles have kids that need to look to score more and won't and it's hurting our offense.
Agree probably little harsh EPN on my part . The senior record would be a discussion if same kids. Our same junior high starting 5 play. Your team different with county help. Not sure why it was brought up . I do agree the Eastern players especially the scorers look tentative. Coach quick pull with some shots? Saw oldest Leist make move and attempted shot and pulled from game. Maybe scheduled rest but looked like removal for offensive move. Just curious your opinion and I believe you have more than an opinion.
And the county help part this is really their 1st year so they are 1-1 against Clay.

GO EAGLES
Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Brown22 agree on the offense. Said above Eastern defense good uncertainty on offense. I am sure they will be fine .

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Gold and Blue
honestly , I have no problem with how Barrick runs this offense , last night was just a bad night for eastern , it happens , its 1 game , like I said he is 3-1 vs clay with 2 of the 3 wins being by pretty big margins.
The county help is kind of silly, Eastern has 1 guy who gets significant minutes , who didn't play jr high for eastern , and remember Eastern lost Brandon Rowe and Cody vulgamore to transfer in previous seasons, so transfers have hurt eastern as well.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I agree brown22 that more of the players need to contribute offensively. Miller has had some good games and so has #30. Hale seems to have got his game back the last few. Martin hasn't scored or even looked to score as much as years past. Alley has shown he can shoot this year but doesn't look as often as he should. I think sometimes the eagles are too quick to take shots instead of waiting for a better shot to open up. We have some tough games coming up. We are going to need all the players to contribute.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

EPN wrote:Keep in mind that last nights win Improved clay's senior class record vs Eastern to 2-7, and their first win vs Barrick at Eastern , 0-3 before last night , so maybe the comment should b that hot shooters only rise up every now and then.
Still not sure what your senior class record has anything to do with this game. These seniors have not competed directly against each other for the past 4 years .Several played JV ball for 2 years on our end ,now this is getting off topic!

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Because u made a comment saying good shooters RISE UP, and I'm sure u were referencing clay' hot shooting senior class , I was just pointing out , that hot shooting senior class is 2-7 and 1-3 vs Eastern and Barrick.
Barrick has won 15 sectional titles, 8 District titles , and 3 trips to the state final four, and is approaching 500 wins, I guess those are every now and then numbers.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

EPN wrote:Because u made a comment saying good shooters RISE UP, and I'm sure u were referencing clay' hot shooting senior class , I was just pointing out , that hot shooting senior class is 2-7 and 1-3 vs Eastern and Barrick.
Barrick has won 15 sectional titles, 8 District titles , and 3 trips to the state final four, and is approaching 500 wins, I guess those are every now and then numbers.
Wow you totally lost me now. Need eagle translation

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

U made the comment that, defense wins championships every now and then , I took that as a shot at coach barrick.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Bottom line Clay kids played well in this game and won. Not sure why you bring in Barrick's career stats or games over the past 4 years. This post is for 1/20/17.I think you misunderstood my earlier post, or hope you did. I said defense wins championships ,which Eastern plays very well.But every now and then, good offense/shooters rise up. Watch Golden State this year in playoffs. I will move on.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

EPN wrote:U made the comment that, defense wins championships every now and then , I took that as a shot at coach barrick.
No the every now and then was for the shooters. Give me a little credit. Any basketball guy or gal knows the defense is the big key and as i said wins championships.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Gotcha, maybe I took ur post out of context, I get a little defensive from time to time , good luck to clay the rest of the way, unless u play my eagles again ... lol

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Gold and Blue wrote:
EPN wrote:Because u made a comment saying good shooters RISE UP, and I'm sure u were referencing clay' hot shooting senior class , I was just pointing out , that hot shooting senior class is 2-7 and 1-3 vs Eastern and Barrick.
In a post above you said good defense wins championships and every now and then good offense/ shooters rise up. I believe EPN thinks you were talking about Clays shooters getting hot in that game and he is letting us know that hasn't happened a lot over the last few years. I took it as you were saying in any offense shooters need to rise up.

GO EAGLES
Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

brown22 wrote:
Gold and Blue wrote:
In a post above you said good defense wins championships and every now and then good offense/ shooters rise up. I believe EPN thinks you were talking about Clays shooters getting hot in that game and he is letting us know that hasn't happened a lot over the last few years. I took it as you were saying in any offense shooters need to rise up.
I think we have all finished our english/reading class and on same page.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

See it was all worked out as I was typing my post lol.

GO EAGLES
Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

EPN wrote:Gotcha, maybe I took ur post out of context, I get a little defensive from time to time , good luck to clay the rest of the way, unless u play my eagles again ... lol
Good luck to your team hope to see both at convo.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

brown22 wrote:See it was all worked out as I was typing my post lol.
Nice bounce back win yesterday for your team. Now we all can start the sectional debate, still to early several key games to play but makes for good discussion barring any english mistakes lol.

Return to “Boys Basketball”