2009-2010 Racine Southern Basketball

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Re: 2009-2010 Racine Southern Basketball

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

John Wooden wrote:Motivator do you not think being one of the final 16 teams left in the state is a deep run? If not there is no reason to even debate with someone with no knowledge of the game. Purple Tornado do you really think anybody actually thinks you are from Southern?

What I think is, winning 3 games is not a deep run. Also what I think is, winning a league title always seems important to some of you people until after it is clear you are not going to win it. Then it is the same old, "a deep run in the tourny is much more important..." garbage. That is what I think. Hey great for Southern on getting to the Regional last year. But let's be honest here in that they beat Eastern in the District final. Which was a team they had already beaten twice during the season. Oh and lest we forget that made 7 wins in a row against Eastern. :lol: What I think is a league championship is a great accomplishment. Especially when some of the teams in the league are in higher divisions. In winning a league championship a team proves they can win on a consistant basis, in this case against some pretty good teams. Some times in "the tourny" the draw you get makes winning a district title much easier than winning a league title. So I guess in a nut shell, that is what I think.

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Orange and Brown wrote:How many TVC-Hocking titles have you guys won?? I was hoping someone could tell me. :122245

How many times has NY almost won the state title? Yeah, thats what I thought, bee-otch!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

PerfectionInPurple wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:How many TVC-Hocking titles have you guys won?? I was hoping someone could tell me. :122245

How many times has NY almost won the state title? Yeah, thats what I thought, bee-otch!

Actually, NY beat Southern one of those years Southern almost won the state title. :lol:

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Motivator you have no knowledge of the game of basketball, so I won't waste my time.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Southern should have a really good team I feel it's the Tornadoes & Eastern battling for the Hocking Crown

I believe in 1952 Nelsonville went to the state Final Four & lost in the state title game also Nelsonville went to back to back Final Fours in 1923,24 & Buchtel-York went to the final four in 58 or 60 just throwing it out there Perfectioninpurple !!!!

So techincally NY 4 final fours in school history I believe Racine Southern has 3 to there credit

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

John Wooden wrote:Motivator you have no knowledge of the game of basketball, so I won't waste my time.

Don't waste your time Motivator. Cause if you disagree with those Southern guys you obviously have no knowledge of the game.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

ALERT: According to some Southern posters the last 6 people to post on this thread, maybe more, are all the same person. Including me. Therefore, I can only surmise that I am talking to myself. :lol:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I am just glad I didn't post on here under any of my names or they might have included me in that group. :mrgreen:

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Hey it aint all us Racine people that act that way. Just them young punks that aint ever been told they did anything wrong. Alls they ever heard was that pie in the sky crap that no matter what your still the best. Then when they do something wrong mommy comes and cusses whoever caught them and pats little Willy on the back and buys him an ice cream cone on the way home. Thats why our teams havent been very good for a long time. This new coach seems to be trying to change that attitude and hold these youngins accountable. Hopefully they will give him a chance to build a winner. But usually around here anytime a coach tells a kid he aint the greatest thing since Wilt Chamberlin they run him outta town on a rail. Thats why these kids get on here and run their mouths to everyone coming and going.

wizard of oz.
Riding the Bench

Post by wizard of oz. »

Dog why don't you go lick yourself.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

wizard of oz. wrote:Dog why don't you go lick yourself.

OUCH! That's cold now.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Can he reach it? :roll:

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:
John Wooden wrote:Motivator do you not think being one of the final 16 teams left in the state is a deep run? If not there is no reason to even debate with someone with no knowledge of the game. Purple Tornado do you really think anybody actually thinks you are from Southern?

What I think is, winning 3 games is not a deep run. Also what I think is, winning a league title always seems important to some of you people until after it is clear you are not going to win it. Then it is the same old, "a deep run in the tourny is much more important..." garbage. That is what I think. Hey great for Southern on getting to the Regional last year. But let's be honest here in that they beat Eastern in the District final. Which was a team they had already beaten twice during the season. Oh and lest we forget that made 7 wins in a row against Eastern. :lol: What I think is a league championship is a great accomplishment. Especially when some of the teams in the league are in higher divisions. In winning a league championship a team proves they can win on a consistant basis, in this case against some pretty good teams. Some times in "the tourny" the draw you get makes winning a district title much easier than winning a league title. So I guess in a nut shell, that is what I think.

Seeing how your team hasn't made it out of the sectionals in 3 or 4 years I don't think to many people are going to put much stock in what you think a deep run is. What I think is a deep run is your mouth . Before you down grade something beat it or at least match it. Now you can get on here as I smell bad and take up for yourself.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

^^^ I probably shouldn't do this, but things are slow today so I will. :lol: Woody I have been on this site for several years, so I think I carry a little more clout than you do with your few months. I don't partake in the same games you kids do as far as registering for several names and then arguing with everyone on the site. I have just the one name, and have had it since 2005. Just wanted you to know, so there is no need for you to include me in your arguments, many apperently with yourself. Last thing, MY team beat you twice last year in basketball, and has beaten you for about 30 some in football, and have won several league championships in both sports during the same time. Good luck to your team this year in its quest for a deep run, or league championship or whatever. :mrgreen:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:ALERT: According to some Southern posters the last 6 people to post on this thread, maybe more, are all the same person. Including me. Therefore, I can only surmise that I am talking to myself. :lol:

No smelly, not even the veterans are immune to this ridicule. :lol:

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

You should try beating us before you run your mouth off. This is basketball not football. When's the last time Trimble beat anyone in basketball that is any good? That's just what I thought. Crickets is all I hear from Glouster now isn't it. :lol:

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

The Dog wrote:Hey it aint all us Racine people that act that way. Just them young punks that aint ever been told they did anything wrong. Alls they ever heard was that pie in the sky crap that no matter what your still the best. Then when they do something wrong mommy comes and cusses whoever caught them and pats little Willy on the back and buys him an ice cream cone on the way home. Thats why our teams havent been very good for a long time. This new coach seems to be trying to change that attitude and hold these youngins accountable. Hopefully they will give him a chance to build a winner. But usually around here anytime a coach tells a kid he aint the greatest thing since Wilt Chamberlin they run him outta town on a rail. Thats why these kids get on here and run their mouths to everyone coming and going.

Here is your trophy Timmy, you suck!

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

I smell bad wrote:MY team beat you twice last year in basketball, and has beaten you for about 30 some in football, and have won several league championships in both sports during the same time. Good luck to your team this year in its quest for a deep run, or league championship or whatever. :mrgreen:

Perhaps you are wanting a cookie? :lol:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I smell good wrote:
I smell bad wrote:MY team beat you twice last year in basketball, and has beaten you for about 30 some in football, and have won several league championships in both sports during the same time. Good luck to your team this year in its quest for a deep run, or league championship or whatever. :mrgreen:

Perhaps you are wanting a cookie? :lol:

Cookie? Is that what you people down there call a league title? Oh that's right, you wouldn't know what a league championship is called. :lol:

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Right right. Kinda like teeth up there in Glouster......or lack there of. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”