D4 Northwest Sectional

EPN
Freshman Team

Re: D4 Boys Northwest Sectional Teams and Outlook

Post by EPN »

I am not completely sure , but I think Waterford returned everyone from their district runner up team last year . They have a little bit of everything , inside play , shooters , athleticism. I think their best player was about a 6'4 wing player named Jordan Welch , who could beat u inside and out , a really athletic big man , last name Lang(I think), a couple good ball handlers, who can also shoot, but as Gold and Blue said teams from Northwest sectional are really good and well coached teams as well, if clay shoots like they did Friday , they will beat Waterford ,in my opinion , Eastern Pike plays extremely tough defense , and is really talented and well coached , no reason to believe they couldn't beat Waterford.not saying either will, just saying it wouldn't surprise me if either of those teams beat Waterford .

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

I was looking at the Waterford schedule and see where they have played four teams with winning records and have lost three of those games. The only team they beat was Trimble at 9-5. All of the other teams they beat were: Federal Hocking 0-15 twice, South Gallia 2-11, Miller 3-8, Wahama 5-7, Eastern Meigs 3-9, Belpre 5-10 and Southern 6-7.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Would like to see the list of teams and records for the Meigs Div 4 sectional if anyone has the overall records.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I'd say just accept wherever you are seeded,lace up those high tops, and get ready for the one and done. You have to beat the team in front of you anyway.Health,coaching and a little luck is what gets ya to the sweet sixteen. It takes more luck ,coaching and health to go on from there.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

How I got it after last week's games:

1. Clay (different team with Hinze back)
2. Eastern (not much difference between them and Clay)
3. Leesburg Fairfield (HUGE win at Notre Dame)
4. Peebles (nice win over East)
5. South Webster (big road win over Minford, but tough week ahead with Burg, Waverly, @Clay)
6. Notre Dame (big road win over East, but tough home loss to lessburg Fairfield)
7. East
8. Western
9. Manchester
10. New Boston
11. Whiteoak

Big wins this week for Clay and Leesburg Fairfield. Still 2 weeks left and a lot of time for movement.*

Waterboy

Post by 2026 »

Peebles is 9--4

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

2026 wrote:Peebles is 9--4
Thanks!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

bbjunky81 wrote:My dead honest predictions as of today (which could change drastically within the week) is this:

1.) Eastern Pike
2.) Clay
3.) Fairfield Leesburg
4.) Peebles
5.) South Webster
6.) Notre Dame
7.) East
8.) Western

The craziest part about all of this? None of this is even remotely set in stone. I'd say Eastern is the closest thing to a "lock" right now, but if they drop a couple games these next 2 weeks, then what?

2-8 is a literal toss up and I could see several coaches voting entirely different which is going to make this thing one ridiculous toss up.
My predictions as of today still stand the same. If Webster wins 3 out of 3 this week, or perhaps even 2 out of 3, then they're looking at the #2 or #3 seed. That will be no easy task! 2 out of 3 would be a great week for them. 1 out of 3 would be sustainable. 0 out of 3 would hurt but still could potentially get the #6ish seed.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Eastern is 12-3 overall.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Western has the opportunity to rattle a few off in a row in the next couple weeks before the tournament draw. They looked really good on Saturday playing like they had something to prove. Led by 20 or more for most of the 2nd half until they called the dogs off.

Western has beat 3 of the top 7 once, with the opportunity to beat Eastern, Notre Dame, and Clay before the draw. Those wins could be huge for their momentum going into the tournament as well as their seeding. What happens if they get two of those three and they also win the games they are "suppose" to win? just curious of opinions.

At this time I would say these are my rankings
1.Clay
2. Eastern
3. Leesburg
4. Notre Dame
5. Peebles
6. Webster
7. Western
8. East
9. Manchester
10. Glenwood
11. Whiteoak
Just my opinion tho!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Western24 wrote:Western has the opportunity to rattle a few off in a row in the next couple weeks before the tournament draw. They looked really good on Saturday playing like they had something to prove. Led by 20 or more for most of the 2nd half until they called the dogs off.

Western has beat 3 of the top 7 once, with the opportunity to beat Eastern, Notre Dame, and Clay before the draw. Those wins could be huge for their momentum going into the tournament as well as their seeding. What happens if they get two of those three and they also win the games they are "suppose" to win? just curious of opinions.

At this time I would say these are my rankings
1.Clay
2. Eastern
3. Leesburg
4. Notre Dame
5. Peebles
6. Webster
7. Western
8. East
9. Manchester
10. Glenwood
11. Whiteoak
Just my opinion tho!!
We're all pretty much in agreement minus just a team or two bumping up/down a spot or two. My only concern with Western is the loss to East Friday at home. Yes, they beat East at East in a tight game. But by the looks of the score, a struggling East team beat Western by double digits in Latham on Friday. In that sense it may be a little hard to justify Western over East... but like you said, if they rattle off a few big wins they could work their way up to a 4-5 seed.

Who did Western play Saturday?

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Western played Zane Trace on Saturday. I believe that their record is a little deceiving. The Pioneers are not as bad as their record shows. However that's what most people will at.

As for East. Yes they were struggling but I was at that game too. Akia Brown scored close to 30 points and hit 5-7 threes im guessing all with a hand in his face. The kid was unconscious. I would venture to say they hit 12 as a team. Yes the score looked bad, but every time Western came at them East would throw in a 3. Nevertheless it was a loss. I would like to see Western get rattle off a few more in a row and jump up to at least that 6 seed but only they can control that.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Western24 wrote:Western played Zane Trace on Saturday. I believe that their record is a little deceiving. The Pioneers are not as bad as their record shows. However that's what most people will at.

As for East. Yes they were struggling but I was at that game too. Akia Brown scored close to 30 points and hit 5-7 threes im guessing all with a hand in his face. The kid was unconscious. I would venture to say they hit 12 as a team. Yes the score looked bad, but every time Western came at them East would throw in a 3. Nevertheless it was a loss. I would like to see Western get rattle off a few more in a row and jump up to at least that 6 seed but only they can control that.

No matter what seed they end up with, they are very dangerous and could knock off any team in the sectional. I think the gap between the 1-8 teams is less than we ever have seen, and probably ever will see. It's THAT tight.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

1. Eastern
2. Clay
3. Fairfield
4. Peebles
5. Webster
6. ND
7. East
8. Western
9. Manchester
10. New Boston
11. Whiteoak

4-6 is really up in the air but I would have Webster over ND due to them beating ND. Peebles lost to Western and ND beat Western @ Western. The common opponent for Peebles and SW is East. SW lost to East and Peebles defeated East. I have Eastern at 1 because of their non conference wins(Lynchburg, Ripley, Peebles,) compared to Clay( North Adams, Huntington Ross, Saint Joe, Manchester) . A lot of basketball left for the SOC I teams. I don't see Fairfield or Peebles losing again before the draw.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

AllAboutTheU wrote:1. Eastern
2. Clay
3. Fairfield
4. Peebles
5. Webster
6. ND
7. East
8. Western
9. Manchester
10. New Boston
11. Whiteoak

4-6 is really up in the air but I would have Webster over ND due to them beating ND. Peebles lost to Western and ND beat Western @ Western. The common opponent for Peebles and SW is East. SW lost to East and Peebles defeated East. I have Eastern at 1 because of their non conference wins(Lynchburg, Ripley, Peebles,) compared to Clay( North Adams, Huntington Ross, Saint Joe, Manchester) . A lot of basketball left for the SOC I teams. I don't see Fairfield or Peebles losing again before the draw.
Two key differences in Peebles vs East and SW vs East:

1.) Peebles had them on a big floor. SW was & East.

2.) Peebles didn't have to face Blaine Scott, a 6'5" 300+ lb specimen. Undoubtedly their 2nd best player. South Websger did.

Results are results, I agree. But that's a tough comparison to make with two huge differences.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

I agree with your statement. Didn't SW lose a starter here recently?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

AllAboutTheU wrote:I agree with your statement. Didn't SW lose a starter here recently?

Nope, bench player who didn't agree with his role. Jeeps have won 3 out of 4 since, only loss to an undefeated Oak Hill team.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

bbjunky81 wrote:
AllAboutTheU wrote:I agree with your statement. Didn't SW lose a starter here recently?

Nope, bench player who didn't agree with his role. Jeeps have won 3 out of 4 since, only loss to an undefeated Oak Hill team.
If we are being technical, he was a starter. He started several of their games in the first half of the season.

In reference to comparing games against East. Yes, SW did play at East and against Scott. The Tartans however, have fewer league road losses than they do home losses.

With the depth and ability of teams in this sectional we should look to Western's run last season. It's going to be about who is playing the best when the it matters. Western was 10-12 going into the sectional and the 6 seed! Any of these teams 1-8, can make a run at the sweet 16. Manchester as a #9 could be a tough task on the wrong night as well.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Yes 1-9 could win district. Any team can be beat on any given in this sectional. It's all about match ups, I wonder if any coaches will vote themselves a certain seed to get a favorable matchup that they like.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

That is exactly how the coaches will vote. Take care of your own, then vote for your toughest matchup in the same sectional to have to play Waterford before you do. Not saying Waterford is any better than some of these teams but they are the best one in their sectional.

Return to “Boys Basketball”