Vinton county Vikes 2009

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Vinton county Vikes 2009

Post by Dundas »

Does anyone know who the Vikings first scrimmage is against?...and where?

I know they are matched up against Southern in Athens on the 27th..any games before that?

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Here is VC's pre season schedule. Don't know a lot of details on how this morning's scrimmage went with Unioto & Southern. I know Oak Hill was suppose to be part of this, but due to their football playoffs, they got Southern to come in.

Sat Nov 14th Home vs Unioto and Southern 9AM
Thur Nov 19th @Harvest Prep/Westfall 5PM
Fri Nov 20th Home vs Warren-Foundation Game
Wed Nov 25th @River Valley/Adena 11AM
Sat Nov 28th Home vs Columbus Academy and Fairland

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Thanks TY!!! Im sure well get word of how things went soon enough!!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

The Vikings looked solid, some rust, but Coach Combs and Coach Miller is knocking it off.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Thats good to hear!! Do you know if Remy is going to play any Varsity this year? Or is that TBD?

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

GO VIKES!

Are we ready for Friday night?!

I can't wait for the game and for the greatest popcorn on the planet!!!! :122245

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Good Luck to all the boys tonight at Harvest Prep!!! Play hard!
The Guthrie's will be in Lima watching Dut and the Racer's for their first home game, but will be checking in on the Vikes!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Results in from VC's scrimmage tonight at Columbus Harvest Prep with Westfall:

QTR 1 VC 9- WF 8
QTR 2 VC 5- HP 12
QTR 3 VC 13-WF10
QTR4 VC 12-HP8
QTR5 VC 13-WF15
QTR6 VC 12-HP12
QTR7 VC 18-WF8

Pretty good showing from The Vikes. And they got Warren Local coming to McArthur tomorrow night for the Foundation Game.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

What time is the game tomorrow night? Will it be a 4 qtr game?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I believe it begins with the JV's tipping off at 6 PM, and yes each game is four quarters. This is an exhibition, but it will have the look and feel of a regular game.

Ace Rutter
Riding the Bench

Post by Ace Rutter »

Ty Webb wrote:Here is VC's pre season schedule. Don't know a lot of details on how this morning's scrimmage went with Unioto & Southern. I know Oak Hill was suppose to be part of this, but due to their football playoffs, they got Southern to come in.

Southern mad the playoffs?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ace Rutter wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:Here is VC's pre season schedule. Don't know a lot of details on how this morning's scrimmage went with Unioto & Southern. I know Oak Hill was suppose to be part of this, but due to their football playoffs, they got Southern to come in.

Southern mad the playoffs?

Southern didnt make the playoffs. Oak Hill was suppose to take part in the scrimmage, but they made the playoffs and couldnt participate.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Hawkeye...

Tonight should be a great test for VC going against preseason favorite Warren in pretty much a 'for real' game! I cant wait!!

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

No way southern even gets into districts this year (.)(.)

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

Hey Kinny, if you know so darn much why don't you apply for the football coaching job? Same for you Gilligan.... you want to throw a jab at coach Yates by putting "Wolford opens weight room" If you guys think you have all the answers then you apply. It is easy to bash a coach when you have no idea what it takes to be one. The hours you put in... the amount of time away from your family... The thing I really do not get is what do the people from VC except? When have we ever been this powerhouse that could beat any team that we face. If you look back at who we played in the past, it wasn't like we were playing all of these playoff caliber teams. In the late 80's and early 90's we were winning, but we were playing the schools from the hocking division of the TVC. At VC we will get a group that can compete with any team from southeastern ohio every 5 years or so and I do not care who the coach is. You could have had Lombardi coaching these kids and you would not have won any more games... IT IS WHAT IT IS and there is not much a coach can do about it.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Bringdanoise wrote:Hey Kinny, if you know so darn much why don't you apply for the football coaching job? Same for you Gilligan.... you want to throw a jab at coach Yates by putting "Wolford opens weight room" If you guys think you have all the answers then you apply. It is easy to bash a coach when you have no idea what it takes to be one. The hours you put in... the amount of time away from your family... The thing I really do not get is what do the people from VC except? When have we ever been this powerhouse that could beat any team that we face. If you look back at who we played in the past, it wasn't like we were playing all of these playoff caliber teams. In the late 80's and early 90's we were winning, but we were playing the schools from the hocking division of the TVC. At VC we will get a group that can compete with any team from southeastern ohio every 5 years or so and I do not care who the coach is. You could have had Lombardi coaching these kids and you would not have won any more games... IT IS WHAT IT IS and there is not much a coach can do about it.

This is a BASKETBALL thread :cry:

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Great job tonight VC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County beat, who some see as the early season favorite, Warren Warriors tonight in McArthur by a score of 55-51. Both VC and Warren were a bit rusty early on. Many missed shots, lack of hustle on a few plays. VC looked a bit worn out from the scrimmage last night but played well enough to win the game. Warren played well, and very physical. Congrats to the Vikings on a job well done against one of the top teams in SEO! Hopfully this carries over into the season and the Vikes can get out of the gate on a roll!

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Vinton co. dont base youre stenghth to seoal because i would say the tvc will be a stronger conf. than seoal this year. The seoal is going to be really weak this year and Warren does have a good chance of winning the conf. In past years Warren had way better teams and alot better athletes than they do now and were always running 3rd in conf but were competitive. This year all the teams are rebuilding and are down to graduation and will not be very competitive.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I dissagree...i think the Seoal will be very good this year. The Warriors may very well be the favorite in the Seoal but its not because the league is weak...its because the Warriors are a strong team. The TVC will be a good Conference this season..time will only tell if they are better than the Seoal. I dont think you can say that this early though. The TVC has a lot to prove.

Return to “Boys Basketball”