Federal Hocking @ Wheelersburg- Tuesday 12/8

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Re: Federal Hocking @ Wheelersburg- Tuesday 12/8

Post by lrn4lf »

Burgtown2008 wrote:I hope Bendolph is not back , that would make 20 turn overs even worse if he was playing.

Burgtown2008: Jealousy is a hard pill to swallow!

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Burg 73 FH 38 Final. This game was pretty one sided the whole time as you can see. Burg..much more solid showing tonight. Still need to finish your shots under the bucket! Many misses from 5 feet or less. Stegman had 20+ and Lang had a good games as well. Bendolph racked in 7 or 8. Fed Hock was not a great team all together.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Ouch, but not surprising. Better luck on Friday against Miller.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

amazinghocks wrote:I do think Wheelersburg will win this, but by 30 plus ? No way in the world do they win this by 30 plus, I do not know much about Federal-Hocking but what I have seen from some posts around here is these players love the game and like the fit of their new Coach. I would not be shocked if the Lancers snuck into Wheelersburg and pulled one out.

73-38=35 :122246

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I thought both Cole Miller and Coley Warner played an outstanding game tonight on defense for the Pirates. Both young men played with passion and intensity, not saying the others didnt but these two stood out to me. I was also impressed by a better shot selection tonight from the Burg although at times some shots were taken too quickly. Overall, a good win for the orange and black. The Mohawks invade the 'Palace" on Friday night for a SOC matchup.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Alabamamike: I totally agree with you, miller and warner played well, nice to see some guys "step up"

Burg vs. Northwest will be a GREAT game! can't wait until Friday!

GO BURG!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I also thought Ballard played a nice game. If he gets a little more assertive on the offensive end, he could be a real help to the team as the season goes along.

Anyone else notice we could make a very good team out of the boys in the cheer block? They could finish 2nd or 3rd in the SOCII!!! LOL

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

According to Fed hock folks they will win the TVC hocking. So does that tell you how good the TVC is? Federal beat a bad Trimble team and they will beat Miller but then the road gets tough.

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

Burg was just way to strong for Fed Hock and controlled the game. Congrats boys! Time to prepare for the Mohawks!

go pirates!

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

athens78 Post subject: Re: Athens @ Jackson 12/8Posted: December 9th, 2009, 12:17 am

Posts: 540 Wow never seen this coming. Athens will still win the TVC. Good thing we're out of the S.E.O.A.L.

According to athens fans they will win the TVC. Didn't you lose that game at jackson by 26 or so.Doesn't that tell you how good their tvc is? You played a much better team as did fed hock. Not that the tvc is weak, fed jus played a team that if fairly dominate every year.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Expect the same at Marietta. I agree with you on the Jackson game. We played a team our own size and took a beating. Federal Hocking played a team their own size and took a beating. Federal Hocking beat a smaller school last week and will kill a much smaller school in Miller on Friday. At least win did pull out a win against Morgan which is our same size.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Overall, thought the Burg looked good. Still seem to be a little sluggish.

Stegman had his usual good game. Will need that kind of output out of him every night. Hard to ask a player to do that for you, but in this case he will have to produce or Burg will struggle.

Lang was running the floor nice and hit some nic jumpers in the middle of the lane on the zone that FH was playing. Finally a player that knows to take the ball to that area for what is usually a wide open jumpshot.

Bendolph handled the rock very well and made some very nice passes that some of the other players better be ready for or they just might be eating a basketball or two. He made a couple of very nice no look passes that almsot found a head. When you have a good PG that can pass, you better be prepared. He also took the ball to the hole a few times and made some nice layups out of it. I think he will be okay once he gets Coach Barrick's system down and plays a little more with the rest of the players.

Was very impressed with the play of Webb Ballard. I remembered him last year from JV and thought he could contribute this year and he came in and hit a few three's and was very aggressive on taking the ball to the hole. Tried to take it to the big man and though it did get blocked, he did take it to him and it could have been a foul. Nothing wrong with getting the other teams big man in foul trouble.

Defense played very nice as evident of the 38 points they gave up.

Should be a fun team to watch as they do have some nice players. Should be able to make a nice tourney run. Big league game this Friday against Northwest.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

What was the JV score?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I didn't see that game but heard that the JV won by 20, I think

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:I didn't see that game but heard that the JV won by 20, I think

Thanks

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Did not catch the game but WOW the Burg ran this one out of here, limited a shooting team to 38 points, well disciplined game, it looks like the Burg were on the prowl to fix their record and Federal Hocking was standing in the way LOL.

Federal Hocking — McCume 1 0 2, Brandon Torrence 3 2 11, Rex 3 1 7, Skidmore 1 0 3, Thompson 4 0 10, Clark 0 1 1, Sharpe 1 0 2, Salyers 1 0 2. Totals 14 4 38.

Wheelersburg — Graf 1 0 3, Parker 1 0 3, Warner 2 0 4, Bendolph 4 1 9, Ballard 3 3 11, Miller 1 0 3, Lang 5 0 11, Ward 3 1 7, Stegman 9 0 18, Diduit 1 0 2, Sloan 1 0 2. Totals 32 5 73.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Red baron - I did say just as you copied. If you look I also say we can't beat teams our own size like Jackson. Federal can't either. The one win was against a DIV team in Trimble. Most teams that play a very good 3-2 defense will beat Federal they all outside game and no inside. I think they will struggle with DIV teams in their league like Southern and Eastern. It will be another long year for the Lancers but the Bulldogs will put up plenty of wins until it's tournament time.

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

They need their big men to step up and make some plays to help out the guards.
The 6'10 kid, this is his first real varsity experince so he is still learning to handle the pressure. He is a defensive presence tho, jus being that tall clogs up the paint and forces kids to make harder shots than normal. Not saying fed will win the tvc but they have a legit shot. Eastern usually contends and southern is always up and down. Athens is usually the same up and down. This is prolly the best team they have had in a while. Better brag while it lasts i guess

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Southern aint been to the state in 27 years. I dont think beatin up on teams like Corning and Southwestern is gonna get em back any time soon. But I was hearin that they are doin a good job of keepin the players outta that danged weight room so who knows? Maybe this coach knows what the heck he is doin and can get em back where they was when I was in school.

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

The Dog wrote:Southern aint been to the state in 27 years. I dont think beatin up on teams like Corning and Southwestern is gonna get em back any time soon. But I was hearin that they are doin a good job of keepin the players outta that danged weight room so who knows? Maybe this coach knows what the heck he is doin and can get em back where they was when I was in school.

Don't you want them in the weight room getting stronger, and jumping higher? Yea we have all head the tornado story bout how you went to state we all know.

Return to “Boys Basketball”