SE

ST. JOE AT ROCKHILL 12/8

Post by gametime »

Any Thoughts :122249

on a mission
All Conference

Re: ST. JOE AT ROCKHILL 12/8

Post by on a mission »

St. Joe plays Rock Hill tough every year I wouldn't expect this to be any different.If the big boy from the hill gets going he could be the difference.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Good luck to the Purple and Gold............

chosenone
Waterboy

Post by chosenone »

Rockhill wins

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Good Game by the Redmen, St Joe was never in it.

score 65 to 39

money_baller2010
Waterboy

Post by money_baller2010 »

good game played by the redmen. just need to work on the free throws. rock hills student section was pretty good too..its about time they get some support out there.

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

Just kind of curious....will Rock Hill ever consider stepping up their competition? I'm not trying to get on them, but they are a pretty good sized school, but they continue to play St. Joe??

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

CarmenOhio wrote:Just kind of curious....will Rock Hill ever consider stepping up their competition? I'm not trying to get on them, but they are a pretty good sized school, but they continue to play St. Joe??

they just played a good gallia academy team,they also play oak hill on 12/29,symmes valley on 12/22 which is a pretty good team. also the ovc is not bad this year either every school plays smaller schools :roll:

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

CarmenOhio wrote:Just kind of curious....will Rock Hill ever consider stepping up their competition? I'm not trying to get on them, but they are a pretty good sized school, but they continue to play St. Joe??

Well it would surprise you, but actually St. Joe plays Rock Hill tough year after year. Given that Rock Hill wins the majority of the time, this is still a great stepping stone for early in the season. Tonight I was very impressed with the Flyers in that they didnt ever throw in the towel. I think St. Joe was planning on running up and down the floor to test Rock Hill's conditioning, and the funny thing is- RH gave it right back...and more. RH didn't only keep up with the full court game, they controlled and pushed the tempo. But back to St. Joe, they had every reason to quit after the 1st quarter, but they didn't. Even to the final whistle, they were hustling quite well. And that says alot for a rookie coach, to be able to keep them in that mind-set. And also RH showed several signs of being a great basketball team. Still kinks, as there should be this early. I'm already loving what Coach Wilds has done with the program. Not only are these boys in great shape, and play very unselfish basketball, but they are very respectful. There were a few times that kids had "not so good" of calls going against them, when most kids would throw their arms and pout, but these kids threw the ball back to the ref and let their coaches do the talking. and I like that. :122249 But good luck to St. Joe the rest of the season ( I don't think we meet again.) and onward to the Rebels, Redmen. Keep up the good work! :) :)

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

#1_fan........the Flyers entertain the Redmen again on Jan 5th.............

sounds like both teams played a great game..........

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Carmen,who is it that you folllow that has such a great schedule in southern Ohio?

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:#1_fan........the Flyers entertain the Redmen again on Jan 5th.............

sounds like both teams played a great game..........

ahhh ok. Thank you! ;-)

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

St Joe has been playing the Hill for years in all sports and it has always been a good rivalry...........not telling my age but my dad taught at the old Pedro High school and I vaguely remember the Flyers playing the Redmen on the field in front of the old school when the ol leather helmets were worn...........many years ago........ :)

so to answer why does a school the size of Rock Hill continue to play St Joe, I guess you could say it is just something they are supposed to do...........and will continue to do so.......

Lloyd Xmas
Waterboy

Post by Lloyd Xmas »

This is a good friendly competition between two local schools. Generally, these games are pretty close. Rock Hill just seems to have a very good team this year. It's also easy travel and not too late for a school night. What's the problem?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

money_baller2010 wrote:good game played by the redmen. just need to work on the free throws. rock hills student section was pretty good too..its about time they get some support out there.

Going in I thought the teams were pretty even. I think the student section was the difference in the game. I mean, some of those chants like "you can't do that", "aiiiiirrrrrbbbbaaaallllllllllll", "you can't stop him", who in the world thought up that stuff? Just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! And that "Goodbye" song as the game ended; WOW!!!!! Such originality should certainly be rewarded. I'll go out on a limb here and say if that student section continues to support Rock Hill like that, you'll see the Redmen in Columbus in March. :122249

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

on a mission wrote:Carmen,who is it that you folllow that has such a great schedule in southern Ohio?

Actually, I follow St. Joe, so that "answer" to my question doesn't really work....everyone we play is bigger than us ;-) I know St. Joe and Rock Hill have had some battles in the past, but that's not my question.

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

Lloyd Xmas wrote:

This is a good friendly competition between two local schools. Generally, these games are pretty close. Rock Hill just seems to have a very good team this year. It's also easy travel and not too late for a school night. What's the problem?

No problem, just a question. Rock Hill may have a decent team by Rock Hill standards, I don't know, I wasn't able to make it to the game. Ironton is a local school.....

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

I seem to recall that Ironton dropped all county schools from their hoops schedule when they joined the SEOAL. If memory serves we continued to play only South Point from the county schools. I will ask at the next Ironton game. How many times have St. Joe and Ironton squared off? I remember taking in the two when Joe Dressel was at St. Joe.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

!@#$%
Last edited by on a mission on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

The student section has been mentioned so much that I figure someone had to notice it,EVEN REALLY OLD MEN :12222 !!!!! Good game by both teams,keep up the good work!By the way BWH YA RECKON YOUINS GUYS WILL SEE PURPLE AND GOLD UP NORTH? :roll:

Return to “Boys Basketball”