D4 Northwest Sectional

EPN
Freshman Team

Re: D4 Boys Northwest Sectional Teams and Outlook

Post by EPN »

Western24
Ports clay is the only team in this sectional that deserves any respect , and they deserve the #1 seed , no other team has done enough to earn any respect, and justify a certain seed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

EPN wrote:Western24
Ports clay is the only team in this sectional that deserves any respect , and they deserve the #1 seed , no other team has done enough to earn any respect, and justify a certain seed.
#9-#11 are locked in and have earned their seed

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Ironman92, agree on 9-11... lol

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Not saying that Western has done enough to give them a certain seed. But I can tell you they have played well enough and beat enough teams to not be the 8. I would also think that with the last win against Eastern they should be at the 6, and no worse. But that is my opinion.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

what about east? They have beat eastern,western,and clay. Who would you have at the 5 if western is 6? ND or sw? I don't think you can put western over ND due to them losing to ND x2

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

AllAboutTheU wrote:what about east? They have beat eastern,western,and clay. Who would you have at the 5 if western is 6? ND or sw? I don't think you can put western over ND due to them losing to ND x2
East also has wins over Minford and Webster

indians1011
Waterboy

Post by indians1011 »

For what its worth on the Fairfield,and Peebles debate some consideration should be given to the split divisions in the SHAC.Peebles is in the big school division of the SHAC,and Fairfield the small.All schools in the big division are all div3 schools but Peebles.That means you play West Union,Eastern,Lynchburg,and Ripley twice,and Fairfield plays those schools only once.Especially this year it should make a difference in a teams overall wins.This year 4 out of the 5 teams in the big division have a over 500 record,and the small division only 2.Ironman92 has Fairfield seeded above Peebles,dont understand his logic,Peebles beat CNE,Paint Valley,and East.Fairfield lost to both CNE and Paint Valley.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

AllAboutTheU wrote:what about east? They have beat eastern,western,and clay. Who would you have at the 5 if western is 6? ND or sw? I don't think you can put western over ND due to them losing to ND x2
It's probably been asked and answered so I apologize...who all has East lost to?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

indians1011 wrote:For what its worth on the Fairfield,and Peebles debate some consideration should be given to the split divisions in the SHAC.Peebles is in the big school division of the SHAC,and Fairfield the small.All schools in the big division are all div3 schools but Peebles.That means you play West Union,Eastern,Lynchburg,and Ripley twice,and Fairfield plays those schools only once.Especially this year it should make a difference in a teams overall wins.This year 4 out of the 5 teams in the big division have a over 500 record,and the small division only 2.Ironman92 has Fairfield seeded above Peebles,dont understand his logic,Peebles beat CNE,Paint Valley,and East.Fairfield lost to both CNE and Paint Valley.
I covered all of that. Peebles has a tougher league schedule....Peebles lost to Western and Fairfield beat Notre Dame. Fairfield has played 3 D2 schools also. Peebles lost to Eastern Pike and defeated East....also beat D3 Piketon. Fairfield also played against a very tough Cedarville team.

Fairfield and Peebles are very close, I specifically stated I think they'd split 5 and 5 if they played 10x. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Peebles waxes Fairfield by 25. I'm wrong all the time but also have no affiliation to either school or anyone in this top 8....unlike virtually every other person posting on this 9 page thread.

I wish Peebles and Fairfield well.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

This thread just shows how much small communities love their teams and how much it means to them. Good luck to all on next week's seeding,but; I hope Peebles has the most luck .Haha!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

EPN wrote:That was a very physical game , and western shot 29 foul shots, eastern shot 8, the officials played a huge role in that game , credit to western for shooting incredible from the line , but like I said it was a very physical game , and I am not even sure eastern got in the bonus in the second half , last night was prolly as mad as I have seen coach Barrick at the officials since he has been at Eastern.
Still a lot of season left for the eagles , shake it off, and get ready to play a tough Notre dame team next Friday.
Tells me most of westerns shots were in the paint. Alot of fouls by Eastern as western was shooting.Eastern must have been shooting alot of threes and jumpshots or just passing it around not getting a shot off.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

As of today

1. Clay
2. Peebles
3. Fairfield
4. Eastern
5. ND
6. Western
7. East
8. SW
9. Manchester
10. New Boston
11. Whiteoak

3,4 can flip and 5-8 can flip. I think lowest ND drops is 6, maybe 7th.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

1. Clay (at Western on friday could shake things up)
2. Peebles (at Eastern Brown and at North Adams on the horizon)
3. Eastern (Could fall into 4-5 territory with loss to ND)
4. Fairfield (very losable game on horizon at Ripley friday)
5. Notre Dame(could drop with loss to Eastern on Friday)
6. Western (could get high as 5 with win over Clay this friday)
7. East (only beat Coal Grove by 4, trending in wrong direction with long trip to Symmes imminent, but with the talent , still possible to get it going and make deep run)
8. SW (very tough 2nd round game for 1 seed)
9. Manchester
10. New Boston
11. Whiteoak

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

N2Hoops wrote:1. Clay (at Western on friday could shake things up)
2. Peebles (at Eastern Brown and at North Adams on the horizon)
3. Eastern (Could fall into 4-5 territory with loss to ND)
4. Fairfield (very losable game on horizon at Ripley friday)
5. Notre Dame(could drop with loss to Eastern on Friday)
6. Western (could get high as 5 with win over Clay this friday)
7. East (only beat Coal Grove by 4, trending in wrong direction with long trip to Symmes imminent, but with the talent , still possible to get it going and make deep run)
8. SW (very tough 2nd round game for 1 seed)
9. Manchester
10. New Boston
11. Whiteoak
I'm very confused as to why so many people are keeping Notre Dame above Webster.. They're going to go into the draw with what, 1 or 2 less losses than South Webster? Not to mention a very bad loss to Symmes Valley at home. South Webster plays a much tougher schedule, and not to mention drummed Notre Dame @ Notre Dame by double digits. South Webster also has no bad losses, all losses are to very good teams in closely contested games. If the seeding goes based solely on how many you win and lose, why wouldn't everyone just schedule nothing but cupcakes?

In my opinion

1.) Clay
2.) Peebles
3.) Eastern
4.) Fairfield
5.) Western
6.) Webster
7.) East
8.) Notre Dame
9.) Manchester
10.) New Boston
11.) Whiteoak

Webster and East may switch, Eastern and Fairfield may switch.. other than that, that's what I'm seeing.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

How do you put western over ND when ND has beat them twice? Plus they beat East with Scott at East and SW lost to East @ East with Scott playing as well. SW is a different team without Bennington and to me SW is an 8 seed as of now. Yeah SW plays in SOC II but you still have to win games bottom line. Friday will determine a lot. Also, SV is a different team than most people think, they are not the same team that St. Joe beat.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

AllAboutTheU wrote:How do you put western over ND when ND has beat them twice? Plus they beat East with Scott at East and SW lost to East @ East with Scott playing as well. SW is a different team without Bennington and to me SW is an 8 seed as of now. Yeah SW plays in SOC II but you still have to win games bottom line. Friday will determine a lot. Also, SV is a different team than most people think, they are not the same team that St. Joe beat.

In that sense, how can you put Notre Dame over Webster if Webster waxed them @ ND?

I don't see the difference you're outlining. A young man averaged 5 ppg and nearly 3 turnovers a game, quits, and you think they're worse. Only losses since then was to Waverly (very good), Oak Hill (ranked in state), Wheelersburg (VERY good), Clay (VERY good, nearly won). They've won 5 games since then. Since then, they Jeeps are averaging more points per game, while allowing less points per game. If they would have lost to a lesser team maybe I'd agree with you, but anyone who follows the Jeeps closely wouldn't agree with your comment.

South Webster isn't the 8th best team in this sectional, nor has the 8th worst resume. I'd bet a lot of money most coaches will agree and South Webster will not end up the 8th... they'll end up the 6 or 7.. We'll find out Sunday afternoon!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

I know Eastern is not playing the best of basketball right now but how can you put Peebles ahead of them when they have the exact number of loses, +2 more wins, won the head-head and beat the top team in there (Lynchburg) league? Please enlighten me?

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Post by BigLeagueChew »

EagleNut14 wrote:I know Eastern is not playing the best of basketball right now but how can you put Peebles ahead of them when they have the exact number of loses, +2 more wins, won the head-head and beat the top team in there (Lynchburg) league? Please enlighten me?
The old saying is "what have you done for me lately"

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

I like the 5 seed for western bbjunky81.. Most would be afraid of that 4/5 game. but if you can get 1 game in the sectional to get out I say take it. Once you get to the Convo anything can happen.

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Post by BigLeagueChew »

Waterford is a regional final type of team, I look for most to do all they can to AVOID that dreadful 4-5 spot in this sectional. I know they had some close ones and curious scores but they also went through a few illnesses and injuries down the stretch. By the time Waterford gets to the convo they are going to be a buzzsaw. Who will be put there, I wonder, will they have a choice?

Return to “Boys Basketball”