All State

Re: Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg 12/15

Post by dimedrop4 »

BURG BY 11. Good Luck to Both Teams!

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

demaniac1 wrote:Is Barrick having a problem coaching Defense for this team? He lost 3 big time players and a 4th to injury. Are the remaining kids not buying into his defensive system? They mostly played for him last year. They know the ways. Not executing very well. This team is missing Whitley, kemper and Shank, and maybe the play of Craigmiles, and it shows. Lang and Bendolph are in their 1st year at Burg. Lang being injured last yr and Bendolph being a newbe. I wonder what this team could have been with the afore mentioned players on the team. Shank is a given, hard to the paint, good dishes or 2 points to the basket. Kempers D will be missed all season and his sneaky rebounds. Whitely was a good athelete that could play point, shoot the ball and play decent D. All experience down the drain. Craig could hit some 3s and get a bound or two when we needed it. I dont know what this team is. I listened to the game Friday and still dont have an idea. A win is a win. This game will be the same. Maybe they will get an identity before too long. Good luck Burg!! And good luck to the TEAM that is playing. GET EM!!

i don't understand how you can say that the defense isn't clicking? going on a 24-0 streak in the 2nd half to beat Northwest. they just could not drop anything in the ocean in the first half and then they started hitting their shots and playing solid Defense in the 2nd half.

Go Pirates!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I'm not going to mince words.......unless Portsmouth improves dramatically, they are going to have a hard time beating anybody on their schedule. After Wheelersburg, there are 14 SEOAL games.........

I will be there cheering for my Trojans!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Burg by 10. Portsmouth's pressure could wear down Burg over the course of a game due to their lack of depth.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

I know one thing, there will be plenty of Po Po there...lol.. Hope this game dont get out of hand with all the smack talking going on between them..I'm hoping to make it there to watch the game.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

bballin wrote:I know one thing, there will be plenty of Po Po there...lol.. Hope this game dont get out of hand with all the smack talking going on between them..I'm hoping to make it there to watch the game.

Why do you say smack talking is going on,because it is Portsmouth,they don't talk smack in Minford or Oak Hill,or Waverly?And why will or should there be plenty Po Po there,when was or has it ever been a fight between these two schools I can't recall.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

burg by alot.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

independent2012 wrote:when was or has it ever been a fight between these two schools I can't recall.

There were fights in football in the 1980's and I think once in the 1990's but for the most part it has been civil in recent years. Now Wheelersburg and Sciotoville is another story. It is a good thing those two ended up in difference conference divisions because they used to hate each other and fight frequently in any sport.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Burg by 10 or more. All the talk about talking trash happens all the time. Both coaches need to keep their kids under control and just play basketball. This is a great rivalry of talent. Any garbage that happens from either side of the bench should not be tolerated and delt with strongly. Lets play basketball and enjoy it!
GO BURG!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I'm not going to name names but I know that if a certain someone acts up in this game like he did in the football game between these two schools then Barrick will have him sitting on the bench faster than he was put in the game. I hope nothing happens but, if the footballl game was any indication, then we may be in for some ejections. Im not trying to stir the pot but, I just know what I saw in the football game. As far as this game goes, Portsmouth has got to get it together. The offensive production so far is not going to cut it. And giving up 80 some points isn't going to work either. This game is either Portsmouths coming out party or, going away present. It may be wishful thinking but, I think Portsmouth wins.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

biggdowgg wrote:hows the seating in the new place?...still need to get there early to get a good seat?

Yep, there are plenty of seats FOR THE VISITORS!!!!!!!!!Yeah, the gym has more seats than the old one did, but what people don't realize is that they gave all the extra seats to the visitors side. I would have to say that the seating for the homeside is now less than what it was at the old gym.

I guess since they thought that the visitors section was so bad in the old gym (I've seen worse at some schools) they would take care of them in this gym.

IMO, they need to make the section on the vistors side closet to the student section a home section also. If you don't have a reserved seat or get there 30 minutes before a big game or have someone save you a seat, you are not sitting on the home side. Probably the worst planned out gym I've ever seen.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

biggdowgg wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:hows the seating in the new place?...still need to get there early to get a good seat?

the seastin is ok IMO but you may want to get there early. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

save me a seat.

i will as long as you don't mind sittin on the burg side. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Yep, there are plenty of seats FOR THE VISITORS!!!!!!!!!Yeah, the gym has more seats than the old one did, but what people don't realize is that they gave all the extra seats to the visitors side. I would have to say that the seating for the homeside is now less than what it was at the old gym.

I guess since they thought that the visitors section was so bad in the old gym (I've seen worse at some schools) they would take care of them in this gym.

IMO, they need to make the section on the vistors side closet to the student section a home section also. If you don't have a reserved seat or get there 30 minutes before a big game or have someone save you a seat, you are not sitting on the home side. Probably the worst planned out gym I've ever seen.

i agree. the lay out of the new gym is horrible. IMHO it has to be one of the worst i've ever been in.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

It can't get much worse than the old Oak Hill gym. I went there to watch a game not a play.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yabbadabbadoo

thanks

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I'll take the 5th on gym question.
Last edited by alabama mike on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

FalconFan wrote:It can't get much worse than the old Oak Hill gym. I went there to watch a game not a play.

i never seen a game at the old oak hill school

oldertrojan1
Waterboy

Post by oldertrojan1 »

very well said falconfan!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

save me a seat.[/quote]

i will as long as you don't mind sittin on the burg side. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

why?, you never sit on the Burg side at football games :12224

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

Trojandave must know whats up with Portsmouth. I don't see them winning their first game till game seven against Gallipolis. You people are on here saying that Portsmouth will beat Burg, I thought Burg was suppose to be good. Fo shizzzle

Return to “Boys Basketball”