Coal Grove v.s. Chesapeke 12/19/09

shaynew
Riding the Bench

Re: Coal Grove v.s. Chesapeke 12/19/09

Post by shaynew »

Realist your right the refs were horrible in Colegroves favor.It just goes to show no matter who your rooting for you alway think your team gets the bad end of the calls.I think the only fowl trouble CG was in is when the Chickens flew the coop.

Footballrules
Waterboy

Post by Footballrules »

cg did get away with a few but chesapeake couldnt play if they actually had to play w/o fouling!!! #3 rides on ya and always has! He's horrible!! There "new guy" #55 can't play without holding-pushing-or throwing elbows! and # 44 has always been horrible with the fouls!!! I said cg wouldnt of won between the coaching and kids that cant seem to control or hold onto the ball!! but the refs were horrible !!!!! when you have a kid that is getting hacked to death and pushed but the cg player is called for a walk!!! we definately know where the refs stood!!!!

shaynew
Riding the Bench

Post by shaynew »

Its always nice to bring your refs to the opponets gym LOL.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

You're kidding, right? It looked like CG was still in football mode the way they threw the Peake kids around! And there were hardly any calls! All that point guard did was shove off of Hintz. He never would have made it down the floor if it wasn't for his elbow.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

realist, the freshman never turned the ball over one time. and hintz never scored on the freshman. your boy played as a freshman and i didn't hear u complaining then. he needs to stay out of foul trouble, play smart. it doesn't help the team when he is on the bench. maybe the freshman should have played at fairland when 2 of cg's boys had 10 turnovers each. ward runs a 1-3-1 zone and plays his point guard under the basket against the tall players, that is the problem just stupid.

Footballrules
Waterboy

Post by Footballrules »

not complaining about the freshmen--just saying they shouldnt be in the game when your playing against more experienced- bigger kids and your trying to come from behind!!! the defense ward has cg running is horrible! he should get a clue and realize it doesnt work! neither does the offense!! cg has the talent if they would just pull it togethor and play as a team!! QUIT THE TURNOVERS!!

Footballrules
Waterboy

Post by Footballrules »

not bashing anyone!!! saying cg needs to get it togethor !!! the players and coaches!!! none of them are playing up to their potential!!!

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

this is high school sports and some kids and schools seem to put more focus and effort in other sports than basketball (coal grove= football, peake= basketball) so you will have the outcome you got. i dont think its the coachs fault that the mentality around coal grove is 99.5 % football

KSCTU
Waterboy

Post by KSCTU »

So let me get this straight Waterboy. You are a parent? You are a Coach? or at least a better coach than Coach Ward. You are an Evaluator of Officials for the National High School Athletic Association OR at least the OHSAA??? Wow....I should sit in your section sometime .....I`ll bet it`s very educational. As for the REFS .......I know for a fact (yes--I said for a FACT) that the PLAYERS from BOTH teams were very happy with the officiating last night. In fact ......... after the game several from BOTH teams said it was really NICE to get to ACTUALLY PLAY the game for a change instead of having a FOUL SHOOTING CONTEST. It is a shame when players (KIDS) understand what is going on ACTUALLY better than the fans ..... or should I say Parents ???

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Cg will get better when Mr. Ferguson gets back from his injury. The hornets have talent just not many ball handlers.

mcstephen10
Riding the Bench

Post by mcstephen10 »

it's funny when coal grove get beat in something cause they always get on here and ***** bout something but lets just face it coal grove is not good chesapeake was the was better team and #3 does not foul when hes on you thats just good defense something that coal grove has no clue about

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

CG may have talent, but they finish no better than 4th in the OVC haha.

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

I'd like to see cg play up to their potential! they are alot better team then what theyve been showing!

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

all teams are better than what they've shown....in practice lol

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

KSCTU wrote:So let me get this straight Waterboy. You are a parent? You are a Coach? or at least a better coach than Coach Ward. You are an Evaluator of Officials for the National High School Athletic Association OR at least the OHSAA??? Wow....I should sit in your section sometime .....I`ll bet it`s very educational. As for the REFS .......I know for a fact (yes--I said for a FACT) that the PLAYERS from BOTH teams were very happy with the officiating last night. In fact ......... after the game several from BOTH teams said it was really NICE to get to ACTUALLY PLAY the game for a change instead of having a FOUL SHOOTING CONTEST. It is a shame when players (KIDS) understand what is going on ACTUALLY better than the fans ..... or should I say Parents ???

KSCTU I notice you don't have many posts and they are in defense of Coach Ward. Let me ask you a question about officials. Why does Coach Ward hire a handful of guys over and over for home games? He brings over Kentucky buddies that no one on this side of the river hires. Last year he even used a district administrator multiple times as an official. This same administrator was instrumental in bringing in Ward. How ethical is that? No way I would play CG at CG unless officials were mutually approved in writing in advance. True CG fans are sick of seeing this stuff.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

i think you coach what you have in a team this group is athletic and can play maybe not the way ward wants . they can be a good team he may need to change a few thing he has been there enough to know his players now he needs to coach them where they can be there best the peak is the better team but it could have been closer. thats my opinion and i know everyone has there own. i think both teams should agree on the refs.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

I just have one thing about the officiating. They were the worst I have seen in years. Oh wait, no they were that bad last year too. When you can hear skin smack from the top row of the stands and no foul is called on a shot, something is wrong. When you have a kid get swatted in the face and a contact pops out, something is wrong. When a kid throws an elbow and another kids tooth goes through his lip, something is wrong. When a kid goes in for a layup (a reserve) and a starting big man fouls him HARD...something is wrong. Chesapeake is not my favorite team in the worl but I go to their games when it should be a decent one. I thought it would be better than Sp vs Fairland but turns out I was wrong. Some of the CG players have a very bad attitude so I dont care if they lose to River Valley. Matter of fact, I will be at that one for sure to see if the refs are the same. Anybody know when it is? The one at CG.

KSCTU
Waterboy

Post by KSCTU »

hornet8088 wrote:i think you coach what you have in a team this group is athletic and can play maybe not the way ward wants . they can be a good team he may need to change a few thing he has been there enough to know his players now he needs to coach them where they can be there best the peak is the better team but it could have been closer. thats my opinion and i know everyone has there own. i think both teams should agree on the refs.

Well said

Return to “Boys Basketball”