Clay 58 Symmes Valley 56 in ot!!!

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Re: Symmes Valley @ Clay 01-05-10

Post by VIKING GRAD »

The vikings have matured alot since last year. Tibbs is now a much better team player than last year. If they would have went to him in the last minutes of the RH game I think they would have pulled it out. I mean set him up for a couple of open 3's.

The vikings will coast past Clay on the 5th. I also agree with popcorn that clay has some really good popcorn. Maybe tops in the SOC.

Missed being on here lately. I have been out of town for the holidays and just got back home. I have alot to catch up on.

Go Vikings. I think the Viking JV has a game on Wednesday against CG at home or maybe it is as CG. Not sure. HOPE THEY PLAY SOME TEAM BALL.

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

PopCorn wrote:SV by ten. The full court press is tough. That is what kept them in the game with Rock Hill. Sammy Cook is what hurt them in that game. Clay's coach has been to two of the Vikings last three games and I am sure he will be considering ways to get past the Viking press with as few turnovers as possible. The Viking speed will be the difference in this game.

Enjoy coming to Clay. Great Popcorn, some of the best in the SOC!
Rock Hill also has awesome popcorn!

I'm going to have to disagree with your biggest mistake on your comment.

This year their might have been changes hopefully for the better; but the popcorn isn't as good as it used to be.
and the scoring margin is going to be 25.
its going to be interesting who is going to guard Tibbs.
Finally Eastern has the best candy bar selection in southern ohio. :122246

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

i hope this game does not get called off because of snow i see the vikings getting back into rhythm and get this win by alot

post101
Waterboy

Post by post101 »

i dont see why everyone puts clay has a underdog...... Yeah they have strated the season off rough but look they have played Northwest 1st game then the next night south webster. then they beat new boston but lost to western by three. NW and SW are very very very good teams. Im just saying i think clay will change everyones mind after theis brake they have had.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Im not sure about the best but Valley has the worst popcorn, maybe in southern ohio.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

This game has been removed to Saturday

my2cents
S

Re: Symmes Valley @ Clay 01-09-10

Post by my2cents »

Will be tough coming off the game Friday night against Eastern.

Bleachrbum
Freshman Team

Post by Bleachrbum »

Jan. 8.... Symmes has Green at home.....

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

Symmes Valley has the absolute worst popcorn anywhere.And the highest prices. And loyal fans who just keep eating it! Got to love em.

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

They need Odie's mom to make it. She makes it for us at football games.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

So is every one couting clay out in this game except for the clay people?

Waterdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Waterdog »

Clay Panther Fan....Got faith in the players just not for the one who calls the shots. Soemthing has to change. It is a new year , maybe one of the players will step up and say something. If it is left to the parents, It is going to get ugly.
Good Luck Panthers. I think If you played SV on the playground you would probably take them. Signed....a broken record.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

These two teams split last year, both winning on the road. I agree with Waterdog, that Clay could beat most teams they play on the playground but get outcoached. A perfect example was the preview game against Waverly that Clay won. Eveyone kept pointing out that the preview games don't matter because the coaches just sit back and let them play, so it was just Clay's boys against Waverly's boys. Put the coaches in the mix and Waverly runs away with it. So, let's hope some changes have been made over the Christmas break.

Bleachrbum
Freshman Team

Post by Bleachrbum »

Jan 8 Clay at Eastern SOC 1 thread says the Symmes Valley @ Clay 01-09-10 game has been cancelled ?????

kahn
Freshman Team

Post by kahn »

That game (Symmes-Clay) is now 1-16 I believe

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Yeah it was cancelled and switched with Eastern pike

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Clay has shown over the past 3 years under Coach T that they can not break a press, they can't get the ball inbounds under pressure, they can't play man to man defense against smaller faster teams, and they have no set offense that sets up players for an open shot, or feeds the ball to a hot shooter (and if you are a hot shooter, you will be pulled out of the game).
They play the exact same style of offense and defense every game since Coach T has came here (producing 8 wins in 3 seasons) and are becoming the laughing stock of the SOC. One SOC coach told me, all I need to do to prepare for Clay is watch last years film. I can't understand how Clay administration can sit in the stands and watch the game and say "we picked the right man to lead this program".

claypantherfan
All State

Re: Symmes Valley @ Clay 01-16-10

Post by claypantherfan »

Well i think if Clay keeps playing like they can they will have a good chance to beat symmes valley tomorrow at home

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

I am rooting for Clay in this one. Looks like the Panthers have put together a good run and hopefully their legs won't be too tired tomorrow. I know Symmes Valley destroyed New Boston last night and was able to get some rest for their starters.

Good Luck Panthers

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Clay will have their hands full with SV comng off such a big win. I will go out on a limb and pick Clay by 3 points in a defensive game at 48 to 45.

Return to “Boys Basketball”