i miss the old svac

roger
Waterboy

Re: i miss the old svac

Post by roger »

To let you also that the svac had 2 teams that was in the top ten of the state in basketball,hannan trace was 10 in 75 season and the southern team led by kent wolfe,both in the 70'.

roger
Waterboy

Post by roger »

roger wrote:To let you also that the svac had 2 teams that was in the top ten of the state in basketball,hannan trace was number 10 in the 75 season and the southern team led by kent wolfe,both in the 70'.

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Symmes Valley joined the SOC when the SVAC ended with the closing of the Gallia County schools. I believe this was possibly in 1991 or close to that time.
As far as the "trailer trash" comment from baldeagle, I haven't noticed any dramatic decrease in the number of mobile homes in Meigs County since the SVAC ended. You know what they say about putting lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. The conference you are in doesn't change who your residents are.
Competing with larger schools with more athletes most likely does cause your teams to improve, but saying that a school never won a league title when they were in the SVAC because they were cheated out of it every year for over twenty years doesn't seem very likely.

Return to “Boys Basketball”