Eastern @ Southern 11/15

bistro
Waterboy

Re: Eastern @ Southern 11/15

Post by bistro »

As expected both teams played hard. IMO the difference was depth, Eastern went 8 deep without hurting them and Southern was limited. Well played and coached game but Eastern took control in the 3rd. Nice effort by Southern in the 4th to cut it to 3 late.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

It is so refreshing to see for once, good talk about a good game between 2 good teams, no whining about calls, no family jokes, just good discussion.

Fouls were evenly called I do believe, good and bad calls for both teams. Southern seems to have cold streaks, which last night hurt. Seemed to miss shots that would drop easily in the 1st half but didn't in the 3rd qtr.. Usually they have had enough of a lead to not hurt them, but it made the difference last night IMHO

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Again, great job by the guys at 92.1 FM, the Frog. Sounded like a great game for both teams. The rematch will be a packed house, for sure.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Steely Dan wrote:Again, great job by the guys at 92.1 FM, the Frog. Sounded like a great game for both teams. The rematch will be a packed house, for sure.

Better get there about noon :122249

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Fan-o-Southern wrote:Great game, Southern led most of it, but not when it counted. All those foul shots in the 3rd qtr. they missed hurt.

Gotta wonder, if those 2 players from Eastern who were former Southern students didn't leave.......

Homer Meigs, Farmer Yoder, and Willy Cheatem sure did a great job of trying to keep the racine boys in the game. We have no one to blamew but ourselves. If we spent more time shooting free throws and running when we miss than trying to lift those dang weights we would have taken this one. Oh well, maybe we can win it in baseball this spring.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

PerfectionInPurple wrote:
Fan-o-Southern wrote:Great game, Southern led most of it, but not when it counted. All those foul shots in the 3rd qtr. they missed hurt.

Gotta wonder, if those 2 players from Eastern who were former Southern students didn't leave.......

Homer Meigs, Farmer Yoder, and Willy Cheatem sure did a great job of trying to keep the racine boys in the game. We have no one to blamew but ourselves. If we spent more time shooting free throws and running when we miss than trying to lift those dang weights we would have taken this one. Oh well, maybe we can win it in baseball this spring.

Does anybody besides me get tired of reading the same old junk from the same 5 or 6 people? You can't even get on here and read about a game without having to sort thru the trash. Come on MODS clean the trash off so we can actually read about the topic,not play school!

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Sounds like someone is still sore about the result of last nights game.....

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

What we need to be wondering about is why did they leave in the first place. Maybe if the coaches gave these athletes perks like in the golden years we would keep kids in Racine. When was the last time a coach loaned his car to a kid to run downtown or gave him some money to go out on a date with his babe? It takes this kind of privilege to keep our top athletes around. It worked in the past and it can work again. Get that going again and you will see kids coming to racine instead of leaving. I cant believe this hasnt been taken care of by the Downtown Athletic Club already. C'mon Butcher Tom.....get the oldtimers together and develop a slush fund for these kids!

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Does anyone know who Mick Price is? I saw a father of a Southern player start yelling and chanting this at the end. Then, his wife replied with , "Did you hear that Howie?". Just wondering if anyone knows who this is? At least that is what it sounded like he said.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Winebrenner, Pierce, and Johnson all went to gradeschool at Southern. But they've been at Eastern since Jr High or even 6th grade. And Perfection, I dont know where those good 'ole days went. lol

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Super Fresh wrote:Does anyone know who Mick Price is? I saw a father of a Southern player start yelling and chanting this at the end. Then, his wife replied with , "Did you hear that Howie?". Just wondering if anyone knows who this is? At least that is what it sounded like he said.

I think I remember that episode, I saw something happen that would fit that description. Was the lady kinda attractive, dark haired? Maybe in the late 3rd/early 4th qtr?

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Back when those boys were in grade school, Eastern's basketball and football program was flourishing. I know one kinda had to move, his Mom is/was dating Howie. Kinda hard to play a sport at one school when your "dad" coaches at another school.

Gotta wonder about Eastern's success without the "transferees". ?

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I wouldnt call them transfers when they come in Jr High. Smart move it looks like.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

It Was a good game, It was amazing to see the difference between jv and varsity. Both jv teams looked like they have a long way to go.
Last edited by G.W.A. on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

whatever
Waterboy

Post by whatever »

Figured Southern people would have to find something to gripe about. What is the sense in crying over spilled milk. Would have , could have , should have....., you can go on and on get over it.

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Fan-o-Southern wrote:
Super Fresh wrote:Does anyone know who Mick Price is? I saw a father of a Southern player start yelling and chanting this at the end. Then, his wife replied with , "Did you hear that Howie?". Just wondering if anyone knows who this is? At least that is what it sounded like he said.

I think I remember that episode, I saw something happen that would fit that description. Was the lady kinda attractive, dark haired? Maybe in the late 3rd/early 4th qtr?

Dont remember what she looked like, but it was late in the game

But isnt the Reese boy a transfer..... Southern, Nelsonville, Oak Hill, and back again???

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

mick price is the coach @ ravenswood

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

G.W.A. wrote:It Was a good game, It was amazing to see the difference between jv and varsity. Both jv teams looked like they have a long way to go.

If you don't have anything good to say, then why say anything?

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

well put hopper11

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I dont think you can really go by JV since alot of times there best players are on varsity

Return to “Boys Basketball”