Not allowed to PRACTICE

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Not allowed to PRACTICE

Post by On the sidelines »

Could everyone inform me wether or not your respective school will allow the coach to hold practice in the event that inclement weather cancels classes for that day.

beaverlover
SE

Re: Not allowed to PRACTICE

Post by beaverlover »

Eastern is allowed to practice if Coach thinks it is safe enough.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

You would have to take into consideration the road conditions at 3 or 4 PM as compared to 6 or 7 AM when the decision to cancel school was made. If the roads are clear and there is no safety issue, then I don't see a problem with the coach holding practice.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Clay still is allowed to have practice but it is usually like noon or so when they have it

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

In our area, school is called off at 7am and the roads are often clear by 9am. It would be silly not to allow practice as long as the main roads are clear. In rural Districts, the backroads are not clear until spring...but that doesn't slow us "hill-jacks" down :lol:

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

At Westfall, they can still have practice but it is the Superindendent's call.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

At Gallia Academy they don't only practice, they sometimes play a game. re; last Tues. against Ironton.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

I think Pt. Pleasant, W. Va., Jackson and Warren Local have the no school, no practice rule.

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

I'm well aware of Jackson's rule. Our last game was the Tuesday before Christmas, the boys did not practice last week due to no school. We play Friday against Chilli, I'm sure coach K had his team in everyday working out. It puts your team at a huge disadvantage. I agree with some of the post that you can have practice around noon, its not like your getting up at 7:00am and going to school. Common sense should be used. "COME ON MAN" Good thing most of the kids were driving into the YMCA to play.

slick
Waterboy

Post by slick »

Most of the Jackson kids did make it to the Y last week but they look very slow and out of shape so far this week. Seven days out of the gym really hurts.

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Athens Can practice in the afternoon if the roads have cleared.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

At Glenwood, they are allowed to practice only in safe conditions and the earliest they can go is 2 PM.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

I am a Peebles grad "97" and way back then we would practice not much later than school would have started maybe around 8 or 9 a.m. I guess the rules have changed, however if those rules applied back in "97" then i retract my statement.

Return to “Boys Basketball”