Chillicothe @ Jackson 1/15/2010

bvmv4life
All Conference

Chillicothe @ Jackson 1/15/2010

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe continues this tough road stretch Friday night traveling to Jackson. The Cavs are coming of road wins over Portsmouth and Warren,but a disappointing loss to Pickerington Central. I don't know too much about the Jackson Ironmen,but I know this won't be a usual blowout game for the Cavaliers. The Ironmen are a better team under the guidence of Larry "The Legend" Jordan and should make the Cavs work hard to get the win. Cavs win by 6-8!

BigRed
Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe @ Jackson 1/15/2010

Post by BigRed »

Jackson by 4

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson has only played 5 games and have to be a bit rusty......even at home.

If they can hit some big shots and not be intimidated....they'll keep it close and give themselves a shot at winning.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... this will be an interesting game ... IF this game was being played in the "normal" flow of the season I would give the edge to Jackson... BUT this one is on the heels of last weeks snow days that closed Jackson schools , with the school district's NO SCHOOL , NO GAMES AND NO PRACTICE policy it kept the Ironmen from working in the gym ... imo a policy that needs to be REVISITED ... JHS was a team that was playing as well as anyone in Southern Ohio but the policy puts the Ironmen behind the eight ball, no practice or games for I believe what was 10 days - imo has to hurt this team ... should be a good game with the outcome leaning toward the Cavs but we shall see how much and if the time away from practice/games hurt JHS ...

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Good luck to the Ironmen tomorrow night. Hopefully they can shake off the rust quickly and defend the home court.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Jackson will be in every game this season.......the layoff may hurt the Ironmen, though......the Cavaliers will bring their D to this game........containing CHS PG Michael Turner will be a key for JHS.......he hurt the Trojans with 21 out of 45 points.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Other than the hiccup to Pickerington the Cavs have been playing decent trying to find aidentity. Mike Turner has proved that when he's on he's lights out,but on the flip side of that he can be a little streaky...all in all though his defense and the rest of the Cavs D has been real good. Cavs have to continue getting better! Cavs by 8.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

results

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe 74-54 over the Ironmen! Lay off or not the Cavs were a better team and more athletic. Mike Turner again was the man with 26(give or take a point). I will give it to Jackson though they kept it close all the way through the 3rd quarter until the Cavs ran away with it in the 4th. Kudos to the Dobbins kid he is a pure beast,matter of fact if not for him the game would have been over earlier. Way to go Cavs the road trip is finally over!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Great game by the Cavs. So quick and athletic and his some shots early.

I can't see THAT Chillicothe team losing in the league again.

Hopefully Jackson has some legs for Wellston tomorrow. Our starters played long and hard......and they were shot in the 4th.

Dobbins and Christman played very good games.

Colt Chapman dominated with 16 in 2 qtrs of JV play and hit a fade away from 15 with 1 second left to defeat the JV Cavs.

I fear the shots may be short tomorrow.

Good Luck Ironmen

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Final score was actually Chillicothe 77, Jackson 57

Jackson won JV game 47-45 on Colt's buzzer beater

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

Great effort by the ironmen, get Wellston tomorrow!!!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Ironman92 wrote:Great game by the Cavs. So quick and athletic and his some shots early.

I can't see THAT Chillicothe team losing in the league again.

Hopefully Jackson has some legs for Wellston tomorrow. Our starters played long and hard......and they were shot in the 4th.

Dobbins and Christman played very good games.

Colt Chapman dominated with 16 in 2 qtrs of JV play and hit a fade away from 15 with 1 second left to defeat the JV Cavs.

I fear the shots may be short tomorrow.

Good Luck Ironmen

Ironman92,

I thought you nailed the game summary real well. Surprised no one is talking about the job young Jordan did on the sidelines. I think the things that Jackson did well may have indeed lead them to tired legs in the 4th. They pressured Chilly 3/4 and 1/2 court with traps and created some turnovers (ditto the other way), but IMO in the end, the Ironmen were grabbing at their shorts and bent over. Dobbins shot quite falling late.

Kudos to the Christman kid. He has really improved his footwork and moves around the basket from last year (see Larry "the Legend" Jordan). I thought he was the key, as we knew that Dobbins and Newsome both would look to score. Newsome is one of the toughest kids I have seen play in a long time. He quietly gets his points and plays the game with passion.

It was good to see the Cavs knock down some shots and to get three kids in double figures is a confidence booster. However, turnovers and free throw shooting have to improve. Michael Turner is playing at another level shooting the ball right now. If he puts it all together (4 qtrs) and stays under control, he is one of the better ones in the area.

I also liked that we were able to get penetration and get London off early with two thunderous dunks and a third one that was a legit traveling call. Malik is just a handful defensively and dominated the boards. To see him get a double/double and enjoy himself out there is awesome. If he hits his free throws he has probably 17 points and 17 boards. Finally offensively, Jalen Ragland got us out of the gate early and knocked down some big shots. He also found the seem a few times in the zone and knocked down some nice shots.

From a defensive perspective, at times we looked superb. Other times, we gave up the 3 ball to easy. But it was good to see Manion, Brandon Beverly and Stu Beverly with their nose on the ball. Stu Beverly hands down has the quickest hands and feet in Southeast Ohio. He is a blur.

Cavs have won 5 straight in the league after dropping one to Ironton (Losing a 17 point lead). If we can take care of business against Logan on Tuesday, it will be a nice start in the first half of the league and get us to 7-3 on the season. This is a young team, but they have to start growing up quick.

GO CAVS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”