Norm Persin named National Coach of the Year

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: Norm Persin named National Coach of the Year

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Calm down people. I wasn't saying that they cheated, someone else did and I was poking a little fun at it and another sport from oak hill that has been accused of similar happenings. I don't know any specifics about oak hill nor do I want to and to be honest I just don't care. If you swear any allegations aren't true why continue to let it get under your skin as it obviouy does? People are way to uptight nowadays. Geesh.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

To be honest I do not think anyone was talking to you.

Another thing, in the world of a high school kid remarks like those made by stopsign mean nothing, but in the big boy world it does.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

oaks one wrote:IronFalcon, you shouldn't leave it alone. Just state your facts and specifics? Cheating is a very strong word to throw out. If you use that word you obviously can state the specifics of cheating, and should have stepped up and testified to the OHSAA. If your facts are two kids transfered in, and that is your case? One of the kids will be a valedictorian this year and the other one had a 4.0 GPA senior year and is on DEAN's list at college. I would think Coach Persin was pretty good for both of them off the court also. Many Chesapeake former players and familiies attended the basketball awards night to honor the state championship for the boys. That is a huge statement of how Coach Persin positively affected their lives also.

peake wrote:To be honest I do not think anyone was talking to you.

Another thing, in the world of a high school kid remarks like those made by stopsign mean nothing, but in the big boy world it does.

Oaks one specifically said my name so I figured he was talking to me.

oaks one
Waterboy

Post by oaks one »

IronFalcon; I apologize.

statingthefacts
Waterboy

Post by statingthefacts »

Stop sign why don't you just move out of oak hill because nobody agrees with you in the whole village

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

Wow, what at tremendous honor! Very deserving of this award. I think he should now retire and work on his golf game because i know for a fact he wont be winning any awards in that area anytime soon.

PS: I also believe Norm illegally recruits!........... For his foursomes that he brings to golf scrambles! Now that is SAD.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

peake wrote:Winning breads success, and when you are on top as long as Norm and Chesapeake were, then everyone wants to play for you.

What??? On TOP ??? On top of what ? With all due respect to you and Coach Persin he usually had loads of talent when he was at Chessy ( PJ Rase, Delimpo, etc.) and the poor guy never ever even made it out of the regionals the whole 50 years he was there.
Congratulations to the coach on the award but to comment on how long he was on "top" is a bit of a stretch.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
peake wrote:Winning breads success, and when you are on top as long as Norm and Chesapeake were, then everyone wants to play for you.

What??? On TOP ??? On top of what ? With all due respect to you and Coach Persin he usually had loads of talent when he was at Chessy ( PJ Rase, Delimpo, etc.) and the poor guy never ever even made it out of the regionals the whole 50 years he was there.
Congratulations to the coach on the award but to comment on how long he was on "top" is a bit of a stretch.

I think it is a great honor for a local coach to get...however...I don't remember him having much success while he was at Chesapeake making runs deep in the playoffs..and yes he has a championship in the small school division...however...how is his team doing this year without the talent?..well..let's say all the talent...I know of a couple of coaches that do it year in and year out...let's say one did it..one is doing it...Roger Zornes...Coached Ironton to a State Championship against OJ Mayo...nearly won...may still win with the recruiting scandal...and now Ironton's coach..Lafonne...he doesn't have to have talent and is turning out winning teams every year that go deep into the playoffs...Those are two coaches that have shown they can coach even with less than great talent...

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

congrats coach persin..to the haters..grow up..dont be so jealous..or dont grow up...doesnt really matter to me or anyone else just makes you look simple..and whining about it isnt going to take his award away..hes an outstanding coach!!

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

im surprised that none of the burg residents aren't on here whining about how there reign over the SOC II is over bc of norm and oak hill. Congrats Norm

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Wat??? On TOP ??? On top of what ? With all due respect to you and Coach Persin he usually had loads of talent when he was at Chessy ( PJ Rase, Delimpo, etc.) and the poor guy never ever even made it out of the regionals the whole 50 years he was there.

Chesapeake won 11 OVC titles in a row and 17 while Norm was there. What is wrong with the Regionals? You make it sound like it is a bad thing that his teams made it 9 times. That is 9 times that his team was a top 16 to top 8 team in the state. His team has also ran into the state champion a time or two. Lord knows I would love to have seen Sparta Highland in another Region and it would have been smooth sailing to state.

Why was he not on "top"? He was on top of his conference, on top of his district, and was one of the better teams in the state year-in-and-out. I think you need to get your facts straight before you comment.

I think it is a great honor for a local coach to get...however...I don't remember him having much success while he was at Chesapeake making runs deep in the playoffs..and yes he has a championship in the small school division...however...how is his team doing this year without the talent?..well..let's say all the talent...I know of a couple of coaches that do it year in and year out...let's say one did it..one is doing it...Roger Zornes...Coached Ironton to a State Championship against OJ Mayo...nearly won...may still win with the recruiting scandal...and now Ironton's coach..Lafonne...he doesn't have to have talent and is turning out winning teams every year that go deep into the playoffs...Those are two coaches that have shown they can coach even with less than great talent...
[/quote]

You don't remember his teams winning 9 district titles and making it to the elite 8 five times? IMO that is pretty deep. His team without the talent this year is 10-1 and in line to get the #1 seed in the district after making a move up a divison. You people really do have no clue. Do you even know if a ball is pumped or stuffed? Are you suggesting that Norm does not do it year in and out? Are you for real? The man went to 9 regionals in 21 years at Chesapeake. He won 17 OVC titles and 11 straight at one point. He then took over an awful Oak Hill team in year number 1 and took them to the regionals. He then returned the next season to make it to the Regional Finals, and then won that State Championship. GET A FREAKIN CLUE! Roger Zornes walked into a job that was originally offered to Norm. That was their most stacked team in their history and then finished where they should have. Zornes was here for a minute and gone the next. Now don't get me wrong, I love coach Lafon, but he is nowhere near Norm yet. I know at some point he will, and I believe in his program and in him, but I would garuntee you if you talked to him he would not compare himself to Norm at this point in his career. Those two coaches, especially Zornes, had talent all over the place. You need a dose of reality. What a joke this thread is turning out to be.

Return to “Boys Basketball”