Southern vs North Adams

Heavy D
All Conference

Re: Southern vs North Adams

Post by Heavy D »

^^^ :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Chucky Taylor wrote:All I'm sayin is the boys from the 80 and/or 82 teams would NEVER have lost a game to North Adams. Isnt this the school that just started a basketball program last week? We have to do something to get these guys playing like the good ole days.

What is the status on that slush fund through the Racine Butcher Shop?

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Fan-o-Southern wrote:I imagine Southern was worn down by last night's cross-county rivalry game.

OH no! Here we go with the excuses....

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

jchitwood wrote:NA lost a lot of talent last year, but they are improving. They also have one of the best coaches in southern Ohio.

Howie Jr is one of the top coaches around SEO as well. Sounds to me like things were a little homeriffic in the Peake. Just wait till the Adams Family comes to Racine and me and Scotty dale are working the game. They wont shoot one free throw....

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Southern was one of the most overrated teams in SEO coming into this game. Yes they were undefeated but they have played some horrible compitition.

I hope you see Howdee senior in the tourney. Then he will show ytou what horrible looks like.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Farmer Yoder wrote:
jchitwood wrote:NA lost a lot of talent last year, but they are improving. They also have one of the best coaches in southern Ohio.

Howie Jr is one of the top coaches around SEO as well. Sounds to me like things were a little homeriffic in the Peake. Just wait till the Adams Family comes to Racine and me and Scotty dale are working the game. They wont shoot one free throw....

Fortunately for NA they do not play in Racine this year. Lucky for them they will not have to face the Runnin, Hustlin, Golden Tornadoes in the Homer Dome. :lol:

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

Yes we got screwed in Chessy case closed. Wait till tourny time to see how good our coachCaldwell is. He will show you that is for sure. Just like last year.

johndeere
Riding the Bench

Post by johndeere »

Lets see Southern got screwed @ Chesapeake, Southern got screwed @ North Adams-Every team that goes to Southern gets homered!!! Does the TVC (Southern), OVC (Chessy), SHL (North Adams) have assigners???? The TVC and OVC do not, the coaches and AD's assign officials for these games!!! The SHL has an assigner in this league!!!! I suggest if the leagues want far treatment then hire an assigner for youe league!!!!!!!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

An assigner would be great. However, Southern, Eastern, Meigs and one other school won't allow it. Now that Athens, and Wahama are in maybe we can overide those 4 votes and get on in place. That would be great.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:An assigner would be great. However, Southern, Eastern, Meigs and one other school won't allow it. Now that Athens, and Wahama are in maybe we can overide those 4 votes and get on in place. That would be great.

If the tvc would have wanted an assigner they would of had one before the Meigs County teams came in 1994 or did they vote when they were not in the tvc. Even if there were assigners you would still get on here and blame someone for something.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

To anyone who actually reads this trying to find info. about the game and couldn't make the long trip from both schools, North Adams outplayed Southern when it counted, the 4th quarter. Southern has a good team who is struggling a bit right now, case in point, their close win over River Valley last night. I know North Adams had lost several close games to quality opponents and did beat a good Manchester team, so this was not a shocking result. There are several people who have usernames that make them sound like Southern supporters, who are actually just trying to make Southern look bad. I don't think the Southern team or real supporters would be making any excuses for this loss. They know they have a team that needs to just play hard and get better. North Adams is well coached and deserved the victory and Southern will rebound. I hope everyone knows these are not fans of Southern that are making the silly comments just to get a reaction.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Very well said. I appreciate someone realizes what's going on here.

My post about the previous' night "drain" on Southern wasn't a statement of fact, just a comment. Not to take anythiing away from No. Adams. If they outplayed us, so be it. It does happen.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Jim Ryan wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:An assigner would be great. However, Southern, Eastern, Meigs and one other school won't allow it. Now that Athens, and Wahama are in maybe we can overide those 4 votes and get on in place. That would be great.

If the tvc would have wanted an assigner they would of had one before the Meigs County teams came in 1994 or did they vote when they were not in the tvc. Even if there were assigners you would still get on here and blame someone for something.

Prolly didnt see the need for an assigner before those teams joined. :lol: If you read posts complaining about refs it is usally someone from Southern doing the complaining. Sometimes Eastern to, and Meigs complains when they go to Eastern or Southern. I think the biggest dig on officials from other TVC teams is that you see the same refs over and over in most sports when you go to Southern and Eastern. An assigner would take care of that and it would not happen. Then you have people from Eastern get on here and brag about how the refs are scared of Howdee, and they know how he wants the game called at Eastern. So I think if you look at all that you will see that is why people dog Meigs County on reffing.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

If everytime you go to Eastern or Southern or wherever in that conference and you see the same crew over and over and over-that is a problem!!!!! I have been through a situation in which unethical things cost my team a chance to win!!!! These situations in the TVC I would consider to be testing the ethics of that conference!!!!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I think the maximum number of times an official is at one school should be 2 in one 20 game season. And that is pushing it. Really 1 time is enough for the 10 home games. Some officials do not want to go to certain schools because of the way they are treated. Some coaches and most fans expect to get every close call at home. I have seen coaches spend more time complaining to and ripping the refs than they do coaching the team. I think they believe that is part of their strategy. I have heard coaches say, "you'll never ref here again." Who wants to listen to that crap? So an assigner would not only ensure a rotation of officials, but would also be someone who would ensure quality treatment of those officials. Lets face it some of the coaches, are bigger if you will, than the AD at their school and the AD is powerless to control the coach. An assigner would also set a common fee for officials. So you wouldn't have officials preferring to go to one school or the other due to higher pay. It is a win all the way around situation. The only reason I can see for not wanting one is that AD or coach not wanting to give up the power over the officials, and the ability to hand pick the ones they hire. Both are unethical IMO.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

celticpride wrote:To anyone who actually reads this trying to find info. about the game and couldn't make the long trip from both schools, North Adams outplayed Southern when it counted, the 4th quarter. Southern has a good team who is struggling a bit right now, case in point, their close win over River Valley last night. I know North Adams had lost several close games to quality opponents and did beat a good Manchester team, so this was not a shocking result. There are several people who have usernames that make them sound like Southern supporters, who are actually just trying to make Southern look bad. I don't think the Southern team or real supporters would be making any excuses for this loss. They know they have a team that needs to just play hard and get better. North Adams is well coached and deserved the victory and Southern will rebound. I hope everyone knows these are not fans of Southern that are making the silly comments just to get a reaction.

Well said. I do not know any supporters who would get on here and try to make their team look as bad as some of these posters have done.

I don't understand why people are saying that they see the same refs at every game. I have been to a majority of the home games and never is it the the same crew over and over. I am not making excuses either, Southern lost to Eastern at home because the third quarter they let down and could not make their shots and Eastern played tough D and were consistant throughout.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Southern has had a different crew of officials for all their home games this season. I know this because I've attended all the games.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I can say that the whole time I was in high school we had the same crew of refs every time we went to Southern. At Eastern it was that way in baseball, and we had maybe two different crews in basketball. In football it was the same crew every year at Southern, and they called more penalties on both teams than in any other games I ever played in. In basketball at both places it was the same, foul the big guy from the visiting team out strategy, each year.

I get a good laugh every time I read one of you Southern people on here denying that someone else on here is from Southern. The ones you think make you look bad. Funniest thing is they tell it more like reality than you people that say their not from there. It is also funny cause your own group of high school kids have been nailed on here acting like they are from Eastern, Trimble, Fed Hock and Meigs. Those are just the places I have noticed, prolly more than that in reality. I mean come on Kid green, koondogger, whompasscat, ultimate lancer, and the imposters hardhitter, geck0 and orestes'...? You really expect people to think those are not the same kids using those names? Then they forget which name they are posting under and respond under one of the Calvins or another Southern name, making it obvious who they are. Funny stuff for sure. So just accept the fact that you are the school that has people on here trying to act like they are from other schools. Quite frankly, who in their right mind would want to act like they are from Southern anyway? :lol:

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Motivator,
Very well said!!!

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Heavy D wrote:I can say that the whole time I was in high school we had the same crew of refs every time we went to Southern. At Eastern it was that way in baseball, and we had maybe two different crews in basketball. In football it was the same crew every year at Southern, and they called more penalties on both teams than in any other games I ever played in. In basketball at both places it was the same, foul the big guy from the visiting team out strategy, each year.

I get a good laugh every time I read one of you Southern people on here denying that someone else on here is from Southern. The ones you think make you look bad. Funniest thing is they tell it more like reality than you people that say their not from there. It is also funny cause your own group of high school kids have been nailed on here acting like they are from Eastern, Trimble, Fed Hock and Meigs. Those are just the places I have noticed, prolly more than that in reality. I mean come on Kid green, koondogger, whompasscat, ultimate lancer, and the imposters hardhitter, geck0 and orestes'...? You really expect people to think those are not the same kids using those names? Then they forget which name they are posting under and respond under one of the Calvins or another Southern name, making it obvious who they are. Funny stuff for sure. So just accept the fact that you are the school that has people on here trying to act like they are from other schools. Quite frankly, who in their right mind would want to act like they are from Southern anyway? :lol:

When you go to high school for 8 years like you did you might see the same ref every now and again.

Return to “Boys Basketball”