Peebles High School- What will the South Point game bring?

indiangirl
Waterboy

Re: Peebles High School- What will the South Point game bring?

Post by indiangirl »

just looking at the signage on the walls tells me so much about the pride that the schools, the communities have for the team(s) ... nothing like it ...last night I rolled into the Golden Arches in Peebles before the game to get a coke, walked in, looked around to see a couple of families from toddlers thru parents sporting red t-shirts/jackets ... groups of teens at tables again outfitted in red ... overheard a couple of "older gentlemen" trying to figure out what South Points record was, and what kind of size they would have - I knew I was in the right place lol ... drove into the parking lot, first thing I saw was a family of 5 - mom/dad and 3 little people ( all clad in red) heading for the entrance -mind you this was 5:05 with the JV game not starting 'til 6 pm - instant smile on my face as I thought "got to love the entire family from little people on up supporting the team" ... I thought I would be early - heck the home side was over half full ... bottom line - high school basketball in Southern Ohio - like football Friday nights in Southern Ohio - IS a way of life

So glad to have you in P-town last night!!! One of the main reasons I love reading your posts is because YOU GET IT...I mean, you understand what it's like for us in small towns who really care about our kids, our school spirit and our community pride. Thanks for being so observant and noticing the support and enthusiasm from those who may not be playing on the floor during the game, but care just as much.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

yes i agree the pride is great at their town .

superfly
Waterboy

Post by superfly »

I also made the trip to Peebles and SP game it was a great game to watch. Two great teams two good coaches
and WOW the fan support for the Indians that was GREAT. Andrew Seaman plays with a great heart and plays hard.
I am was impressed by Eric Collier how many 5' 11" player have the most rebound going aganist 6'3" and 6'4" players. Nate Stephens great defense player,Blake Justice off night, Trent Arey will only get better, Andy Countyman also great ball handler and a good shooter. I was impress with the Peebles team and the SP team I think Peebles wil have a good tourn. run this year

SG_23
Waterboy

Post by SG_23 »

Pfloyd, if you come to the ZT Pointers game to see the offense between Barnes and Maxwell, you will get your money's worth. Not only does he shoot almost everytime he gets the ball, but he has no defense either.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

superfly wrote: I am was impressed by Eric Collier how many 5' 11" player have the most rebound going aganist 6'3" and 6'4" players.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

SG_23 wrote:Pfloyd, if you come to the ZT Pointers game to see the offense between Barnes and Maxwell, you will get your money's worth. Not only does he shoot almost everytime he gets the ball, but he has no defense either.

Sour Grapes? Compliment or teenage jealousy?

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

SG_23 wrote:Pfloyd, if you come to the ZT Pointers game to see the offense between Barnes and Maxwell, you will get your money's worth. Not only does he shoot almost everytime he gets the ball, but he has no defense either.

Except maybe when he comes to Peebles.........

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

We will find out at SP on Feb 2nd

Return to “Boys Basketball”