Freshman Team

Ironton @ Chillicothe 1/22

Post by tigerpower89 »

Triple Header starting at 5pm fresh/jv/varsity

hardrock21
JV Team

Re: Ironton @ Chillicothe 1/22

Post by hardrock21 »

Got to love the SEOAL, seems like there is big games happening all the time.... This is one of them.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

After watching both teams beat my Trojans......by 3 and 6 points.......I think it's safe to say that this game will be won on the defensive side of the court.......the Cavaliers are more athletic than the Fighting Tigers, but Ironton absolutely plays harder than any team I have seen Portsmouth play.

Not picking a winner, but I look for a game with both teams under 50 points. If CHS wins, they will be tied for the SEOAL lead with Ironton......if IHS wins, they are in the driver's seat for the league title.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

trojandave wrote:After watching both teams beat my Trojans......by 3 and 6 points.......I think it's safe to say that this game will be won on the defensive side of the court.......the Cavaliers are more athletic than the Fighting Tigers, but Ironton absolutely plays harder than any team I have seen Portsmouth play.

Not picking a winner, but I look for a game with both teams under 50 points. If CHS wins, they will be tied for the SEOAL lead with Ironton......if IHS wins, they are in the driver's seat for the league title.

Nothing to add to Dave's post. A great assessment of this game. Go Fighting Tigers!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Cavs are playing different than the 1st games with both Ironton and Portsmouth. I'm sure that Ironton is a different team also. Before the huge collaspe down at Ironton the Cavs were leading the game by 14. With the game here in Chillicothe if they would happen to get out on the Tigers this time there will be no collaspe,especially at home! Too early to pick a winner but paybacks are HELL! Go Cavs!

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Tigers have never been very competitive against Chillicothe in Chillicothe. It will be interesting to see if that trend continues in 2010. Ironton will need to play hard and play smart, then take its chances from there. Steals and blocks are nice, but whoever flat-out guards the best in this one should prevail.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

this is a game I would love to see, should be a dandy

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

I hate to say it because its stiil a little early but whoever wins this game will be league champs! I'm sure the Trojans and the Warriors have other plans. These two teams are playing VERY WELL and this game will be fun to watch! Go Cavs!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looking forward to taking the Pfloyd Tour to the Hat this Friday ... this one should be outstanding for the cheap seat guys ... we will be watching the pressure defense - who can take care of the ball , limiting the TOs will be the name of the game ... will IHS be able to get it done in the paint with Chilli's Malik London in the middle defensively ? will I'town be able to stop the perimeter shooting of Michael Turner/Jalen Ragland ? how does the quickness of the Tigers matchup with the quickness of the Cavs ? lots of games within the game ... Friday can't get here soon enough ... time to tip it off ...

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

I am not sure but I can only remember the Cavs losing 4 or 5 games in the SEOAL since joining in 06. I believe the Tigers have beaten them 2 or 3 times. With that said all the Tiger wins have come in Ironton and most games at the Hat are not close(closer than the average Chilli-SEOAL game but decided early on). IMO TrojanDave nailed the assessment of the game. I will however state that I believe the Cavs will come away with a victory in this one.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Did everyone make it academically. Heard a few didn't.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Hopsing,

Cavs are fine if you are talking about them. We look forward to the Tigers rolling in on that nice bus of theirs tomorrow night at the "HAT". IMO if the Cavs play to their capability (like they did in 6 of the 8 qtrs against Jackson and Logan), then I like our chances. Jan 15th is always a key time around the HAT. For some reason "IT" starts to kick in. These young kids are starting to play together on the defensive end. If we can get into the mid 50's I like our chances. Logan is obviously a very different team with Angle in there. I thought our defense on he and Mays was tremendous. If we guard the ball tomorrow night as well as we did against Logan, then the energy will be in the crowd. Good luck and let the best team win. It is show time.

GO CAVS!!!

Tigfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigfan »

I like our chances against Chilly. We beat them once and are a much different team now. I'm sure the Cavs have improved also so we'll see. If the refs call a tight game that could hurt us. I think Chilly will lose to us and Portsmouth. Portsmouth was up 5 w/ 2 minutes to play without their best player. Should be a dandy. Good luck to both teams.

PATTYCAKES
Freshman Team

Post by PATTYCAKES »

At least Chilly has a chance, not like what happen At Ironton the last time we was down there.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

PATTYCAKES wrote:At least Chilly has a chance, not like what happen At Ironton the last time we was down there.

I think these Stats are what your reffering to, if not please correct me.

Chillicothe 4 Offensive Rebounds
Chillicothe 4 Steals Ironton 14 Steals
Chillicothe 19 Turn Overs Ironton 10 Turn Overs

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

ALMOST GAME TIME
On the radio on WIRO 1230 AM
On the net: http://www.foxsports1230.com/pages/scores.html
Click beside the TIGER face down in the middle of the page.

I'll be starting a separate UPDATES thread shortly. As of 7:20, the game was not yet on WIRO. I guess this triple-header is running a little late - per usual - but it still makes good sense to put all 3 teams [esp since many players play on multiple teams] on the same bus for 1 trip covering all 3 games. At least it's not a school night.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Let's Go Cavs! Cavs win and hold serve at home!!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

The Board clock is wrong - it's 7:46 by my atomic clock and the pre-game show just came on!

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

great win tigers way to come back in the 2nd half 59 - 48 TIGERS

Return to “Boys Basketball”