Re: Southern @ Federal Hocking Jan.22

Post by amazinghocks »

What is Fed's depth ? Anyone know ?

Did that 6"10 kid even play last year ?

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Cunningham was a fine player and now in DI college basketball.

Where'd he wind up?

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

According to the Messenger Coach Caldwell got a technical, something about giving the wrong player a foul? From what I read it sounds like it was a great game to watch, wish I could have made the trip. I am glad to see the Tornadoes get back to winning this week. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

WOW!!!!!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Funny when they were on a winning streak against the weak teams they've beat everyone was on the band wagon on how great this team was. Now that they are losing to teams that are actually good everyone is blaming the coach. Torrence and Thompson are the only good players on this team which may be one of the weaker teams in years at Federal Hocking and they don't even hold a candle to past greats such as Garrett, Quinn, Corey Vales, Hornsby, Tate and many more. It's tough with a new coach year in and year out I know Athens went through a few years and had taken a beating. Finally we are on the winning end. It doesn't get any easier with Belpre tonight. Good luck to the Lancers the rest of the season.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

agree athens78, fed lost to basketball teams, did not go to summer shootouts i believe or the varsity players were playing baseball and football, while others were in the gym. i believe fed has done well against some decent teams but they are not finishing, good luck lancers

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

They are pretty good at baseball.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

FH took a very good Eastern team to overtime. Something went right for them.

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

The coach isn't the one throwing up stupid shots and missing playground foul shots. As for running in JV players...what else does he have? The players can't play 4 quarters in every game. There are rules against that. Yes, he is young but he is dedicated to the program if he is given the chance. The talent pool is way down at FH this season weather anyone wants to admit it or not.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

The weather....in FH....is like.....any other year.....

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Fan-o-Southern wrote:FH took a very good Eastern team to overtime. Something went right for them.

The talent is there, this is a new coach that has never coached, he's learning
Its not the kids, its how the kids are coached. they have always been winners.
Go Lancers

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Lancer_Fan wrote:The coach isn't the one throwing up stupid shots and missing playground foul shots. As for running in JV players...what else does he have? The players can't play 4 quarters in every game. There are rules against that. Yes, he is young but he is dedicated to the program if he is given the chance. The talent pool is way down at FH this season weather anyone wants to admit it or not.

The talent is there, this is a new coach that has never coached, he's learning
Its not the kids, its how the kids are coached. they have always been winners.
Go Lancers

colts01
Waterboy

Post by colts01 »

athens78 wrote:Funny when they were on a winning streak against the weak teams they've beat everyone was on the band wagon on how great this team was. Now that they are losing to teams that are actually good everyone is blaming the coach.

Hold on a minute...not everyone was on the "band wagon." FH has been in so many close call games that should have been blow outs. Even when they win he still isn't running plays or changing things up or making the adjustments that need to be made. They just win because the talent they have bails him out. He also has a really annoying habit of calling time outs at the worst possible times and not calling them when we need it! Seriously, with 20 some seconds left on the clock and Torrence 10 feet away from the basket driving it in he decided it was a good time to call a timeout? I think I would've taken my chances on the 2 points to tied up the game and THEN called a time out! Or how about a time out with Thompson and Clark on a fast break already half way down the court with only 1 defender.

Lancer_Fan wrote:The coach isn't the one throwing up stupid shots and missing playground foul shots. As for running in JV players...what else does he have? The players can't play 4 quarters in every game. There are rules against that. Yes, he is young but he is dedicated to the program if he is given the chance. The talent pool is way down at FH this season weather anyone wants to admit it or not.

For starters he has 2 seniors that are lucky to see a few minutes of playing time each game and could ad valuable talent to the floor. Why not play them more when they have shown that they can be beneficial to the team? And you seriously think talent is down at FH this year? With the strong seniors and starting line up that they have this year you are calling that "low talent?" That's a coaches dream team!

Those boys show their real talent when they can still win games when they only run 1 defense and MAYBE 1 or 2 real offensive plays the entire game. The rest of the time it's basically street ball and that is the reason for the stupid shots because the don't have any other options.

I don't know what to say about the foul shots, maybe they should practice more.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

some parents must be upset that their little johnny isn't playing over a sophomore or freshman.

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

amazinghocks wrote:some parents must be upset that their little johnny isn't playing over a sophomore or freshman.

You hit the nail on the head! No, IMO the talent is not what it has been in the past. You have your opinion...Well... I have mine! The coach is NOT the one shooting the ball. He is NOT the one missing the shots. He can't go on to the floor and play the game for them. This is his first year as a coach....doesn't every coach have to have that first year? Doesn't everyone with any job they have?? That argument is rediculous. Do you think that a timeout called within feet of the basket is to get set and make it instead of missing it? Maybe his style of coaching doesn't suit you but, he IS the coach. If they have always been "winners" how do you explain the past two seasons? This is a TEAM.... Not the "My Little Johnny Show"....That said I'm DONE arguing and I'll continue to support the ENTIRE TEAM, coaches included!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

The theme/feel of this thread is turning into a Belpre girl's or Warren girl's basketball thread. Please stop it. The kids, the school, and the basketball program don't need the drama. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Lancer_Fan wrote:
amazinghocks wrote:some parents must be upset that their little johnny isn't playing over a sophomore or freshman.

You hit the nail on the head! No, IMO the talent is not what it has been in the past. You have your opinion...Well... I have mine! The coach is NOT the one shooting the ball. He is NOT the one missing the shots. He can't go on to the floor and play the game for them. This is his first year as a coach....doesn't every coach have to have that first year? Doesn't everyone with any job they have?? That argument is rediculous. Do you think that a timeout called within feet of the basket is to get set and make it instead of missing it? Maybe his style of coaching doesn't suit you but, he IS the coach. If they have always been "winners" how do you explain the past two seasons? This is a TEAM.... Not the "My Little Johnny Show"....That said I'm DONE arguing and I'll continue to support the ENTIRE TEAM, coaches included!!

Sorry Dan one more
Must be a BUD with the coach
Go Lancers

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Are you implying something?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »