IRONTON 59 VS Chillicothe 48 - 1/22 - FINAL

Amen Corner
Varsity

Re: IRONTON 59 VS Chillicothe 48 - 1/22 - FINAL

Post by Amen Corner »

Wow, what a comeback! Defense was outstanding in 2nd half.And finally got some shots to fall. Great game Tigers!

There was jawing going on from both sides and chest pumping from the skinny kid from chilly, so it goes both ways..Chillys coach was on the floor also..so if you toss one then toss both!!!!!!

Down 20 in 2nd half, that says alot.
The 1st time they played Ironton was down 15 at one point.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

I look for Ironton to run the table now in league play after tonight's triumph. Don't think Warren or Portsmouth can stop 'em in second half play.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

SWEET!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Impressive win by the Fighting Tigers with a great comeback. IHS is now in the driver's seat for the SEOAL title.

Hard to believe Chillicothe blowing such a big lead on their home court with the caliber of defense the Cavaliers normally play.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

When does Chillicothe play again?

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

tomorrow at ohio state vs canton timken

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just like football---- those Tigers never quit

ITOWN13
Waterboy

Post by ITOWN13 »

Did any of you NOT see the taunting by Malik London after the blocked shot? You didn't mention how classy that was!
But 21 asking for a phone number to the girl in the student section was a sign of no class? ;-)
I think the rim on the one end is smaller or higher neither team shot worth a crap on that end. lol
Truth is Chilli played so tough on Defense the first half I think the ran out of gas. Ironton's rotation of players keep us from running out of gas.
For the record I don't like ANY TAUNTING! SHUT UP AND PLAY! I'm a little old school.
Congratulations TIGERS!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Jottings wrote:I look for Ironton to run the table now in league play after tonight's triumph. Don't think Warren or Portsmouth can stop 'em in second half play.

we,ll see :mrgreen: 8)

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

Way to go TIGERS!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS GO!!!!!!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

What a great week to be a Fighting Tiger fan! Last nights games was one for the books. To come back from 23 down is one thing, but to do it at Chillicothe was a great accomplishment. I am constantly reminded why they call these teams Fighting Tigers!

Great job kids. It was a pleasure to watch this one. I also want to commend the Fighting Tiger fans. You stuck in there with this team and became a great cheering section down the stretch. Keep it rolling against Logan on tuesday!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

datchillicav wrote: On a tangent, I don't like to single out individuals but number 21 for Ironton had NO class. The whole game he was talking to the student section, looking that way and taunting every time something happenned and even after the game continued talking to the CHS student section. I wasnt close enough to here what was said but that has no place and to my knowledge he was not singled out by the students anymore than the entire team. 14 of Ironton's players played a gritty, wonderful game and won with class. One didn't.

Coming onto this site and stating how one "don't like to single out individuals" but doing so and pointing out how that player has no class has to be the most ironic post I've ever read on this site.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

These kids have a chance to win out this season and to go real far in the playoffs...they sure won't give any game away..what a scrappy bunch...and we have to give the coaching staff and parents a way to go...these kids are an example to the younger kids on how to not give up...coach lafonne has done a great job as always with this bunch...

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Amazing turnaround. Ironton shoots 11%(3/27) to fall behind by 6-29, then for the rest of the game shoots 61%(20/33) to go from down 23, to winning 59-48, a 34 point turnaround which was reflected in a 53-19 score after their shooting turned around.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
datchillicav wrote: On a tangent, I don't like to single out individuals but number 21 for Ironton had NO class. The whole game he was talking to the student section, looking that way and taunting every time something happenned and even after the game continued talking to the CHS student section. I wasnt close enough to here what was said but that has no place and to my knowledge he was not singled out by the students anymore than the entire team. 14 of Ironton's players played a gritty, wonderful game and won with class. One didn't.

Coming onto this site and stating how one "don't like to single out individuals" but doing so and pointing out how that player has no class has to be the most ironic post I've ever read on this site.

Lol. Your probably right. The way I meant for it to come out though was that I don't LIKE to single out individual players BUT because I was so taken aback by the actions of this individual I would make an exception. It is definitely ironic but that's not how I intended it. lol

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Great comeback!

Return to “Boys Basketball”