Mid-season POY SOC I - SOC II

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Mid-season POY SOC I - SOC II

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

SOC2. i guess I'll say Ondera, never seen him play though. We'll see who the best point guard in the league is tomorrow... a close runner up would be Wes Loop of webster.

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

Is Wes Loop that skinny guard for South Webster. He's a really good player.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Wes Loop is the one makin all those baskets...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Swanker Pine wrote:Wes Loop is the one makin all those baskets...

:lol:

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Not really the skinny one...His brother is the skinnier guard of the bunch. Wes usually plays the 3, Austin plays the 2....

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

I've only seen South Webster play Eastern in the previews. Their guard, who is taller and has light hair, was the best player that game. He's the one to which I was referring.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Eagle eye wrote:I've only seen South Webster play Eastern in the previews. Their guard, who is taller and has light hair, was the best player that game. He's the one to which I was referring.

He is a pretty good athlete. South Webster was probably the closest scrimmage Peebles had all summer(Despite playing a few D-2 schools and D-1 Groveport Madison), and a lot of that credit can go to their gaurds.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Wes is darker and taller, Austin has reddish hair.

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

tripledouble wrote:If I can vouche for Eagle Eye, I believe what he's saying is, it isn't like Tibbs is putting up 25 a game and almost impossible to deny him the award. With the numbers he has now which is slightly above everyone else, and his team is sitting in 4th in the SOC, its hard to argue that he should get the award. I also thought taylor was avg more ppg than what Tibbs is. I know he was at the half way point when they played Eastern. Going into that game Tibbs was avg 14 ppg and Taylor was avg 17ppg. I remember he had more points that game than what Tibbs did as well.

yeah last year Tibbs had 25 ppg and 14 rpg and still didnt get the award because they said he was not a senior. well this year he is a senior and i think he should get the award. If he does not get the award then he has got robbed for two years straight.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I would have to agree about Tibbs for the Soc I, Last year he was IMO the best player and this year even though they aren't the front runner he still is the marquee player of all the teams in the league. Everyone else has some standouts, but without Tibbs SV would not even be on the radar.

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

5HDbOy wrote:
yeah last year Tibbs had 25 ppg and 14 rpg and still didnt get the award because they said he was not a senior. well this year he is a senior and i think he should get the award. If he does not get the award then he has got robbed for two years straight.

I'm sorry you feel this way. I doubt he didn't get it because he was a junior, though. Conley from East got it when he was a junior. Maybe you're just forgetting how good Vince Shanks played. Maybe he didn't average 25 points per game, but he had great numbers and lead his team to an SOC title.

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

Eagle eye wrote:
5HDbOy wrote:

I'm sorry you feel this way. I doubt he didn't get it because he was a junior, though. Conley from East got it when he was a junior. Maybe you're just forgetting how good Vince Shanks played. Maybe he didn't average 25 points per game, but he had great numbers and lead his team to an SOC title.

yeah but shanks was not the only reason they won the soc title they won b/c they had like three players that was over 10 ppg. Tibbs was the only player on symmes valley that stuck out and he had some help dont get me wrong but withought shanks on western last year they still win the soc title. without Tibbs on symmes valley then they finish close to last insted of close to first.

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

5HDbOy wrote:yeah but shanks was not the only reason they won the soc title they won b/c they had like three players that was over 10 ppg. Tibbs was the only player on symmes valley that stuck out and he had some help dont get me wrong but withought shanks on western last year they still win the soc title. without Tibbs on symmes valley then they finish close to last insted of close to first.

I think POY could have went to Tibbs last year. He would have definitely deserved it, had he gotten it. I guess I just don't think his numbers are good enough this year to win the award outright. If they could finish first or second in the league, my opinion would be different.

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

well if symmes valley beats green next game then they will be in second.

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

Eagle eye wrote:
5HDbOy wrote:yeah but shanks was not the only reason they won the soc title they won b/c they had like three players that was over 10 ppg. Tibbs was the only player on symmes valley that stuck out and he had some help dont get me wrong but withought shanks on western last year they still win the soc title. without Tibbs on symmes valley then they finish close to last insted of close to first.

I think POY could have went to Tibbs last year. He would have definitely deserved it, had he gotten it. I guess I just don't think his numbers are good enough this year to win the award outright. If they could finish first or second in the league, my opinion would be different.

ok then whos numbers are better than Tibbs's

easternclaw
Waterboy

Post by easternclaw »

5HDbOy wrote:ok then whos numbers are better than Tibbs's

what are you not understanding!? can tibbs get the award this year? maybe. will he get the award if they stay in their current ranking? probably not. whoever gets the award doesn't have to put up better numbers than tibbs. the award is not called "high point award," it's called "player of the year!" This can include all kinds of things like putting up big numbers, leadership, hustle and other things not shown on a stat sheet, shooting percentage, and umm... oh yeah, leading a team to a title. tell me someone... anyone... who was picked as MVP or POY in any sport... ever... based on stats alone.

and btw, i don't think too many people would agree with your statement that western still wins the SOC without shanks last year.

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

5HDbOy, I don't know what else to tell you. TribeManiac10, tripledouble, and easternclaw have all agreed with me, and they have all given their reasons. Tibbs is an amazing player, and I don't want to degrade him in any way. I've said what I think about the situation, and I have already answered the question to your last post with my other posts, in an indirect way.

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

easternclaw wrote:
5HDbOy wrote:ok then whos numbers are better than Tibbs's

what are you not understanding!? can tibbs get the award this year? maybe. will he get the award if they stay in their current ranking? probably not. whoever gets the award doesn't have to put up better numbers than tibbs. the award is not called "high point award," it's called "player of the year!" This can include all kinds of things like putting up big numbers, leadership, hustle and other things not shown on a stat sheet, shooting percentage, and umm... oh yeah, leading a team to a title. tell me someone... anyone... who was picked as MVP or POY in any sport... ever... based on stats alone.

and btw, i don't think too many people would agree with your statement that western still wins the SOC without shanks last year.

ok i understand all of the requirements needed to get the poy, but thanks for telling me anyway. I didnt say that the poy is a who can get the high points i said numbers witch means passing, steals, reb, and all the other things you can do besides points. If you have watched Tibbs Play then you would see that Tibbs has leadership, determination, hustle, and a good attitude. The only thing that he does not have is winning the soc. I think that if that is the only thing holding him back from winning the con then it should be called team of the year. That is all i am saying on the subject.

Return to “Boys Basketball”