Peebles at Fayetville

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Peebles at Fayetville

Post by Indian man »

Pretty tight game at Peebles what is your thoughts on this one?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Peebles at Fayetville

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I expect Peebles to improve their record to 13-0 by around 18+pts, I think they have tightened up some of the loose ends since the last game. My only hope is that we dont overlook anyone, I think that is part of what happened in the earlier Fayetteville and West Union games. South Point was on the schedule the day after the WU game and the boys seemed to spend the majority of the practices that week preparing for a completely different(Strong Post play with Prater/Taylor brothers/Winkler) style of play then WU's more gaurd oriented approach.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Fayetville by 20

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

D-5 wrote:Fayetville by 20

:lol: :lol: wow someones optimistic

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

I could see the Fayetville girls beating Peebles girls by 20, but I can't see that outcome in the boys game.

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

Come back to earth D-5

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

LOL, D-5 you jokester. Peebles by 15

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I would like to see Peebles play again, I was able to watch them at the Convo earlier this season, but coaching a jv boys team and being a few hours away makes it close to impossible. Do they play anywhere east of Chilli the rest of the year? I enjoyed watching them play. I really enjoyed watching the Justice boy, he may have the best footwork I've ever seen from a high school player. I remember the first time I watched him play, I coached against him in a seventh grade OYB tourny @ Lancaster, he lit us up for atleast 40 but we came back from 15 down in the last minute and a half to win in overtime. I will never forget him sitting on the end of that bench crying to himself because they lost. I asked him his name and told him he played a great game, all he could say is thanks but we still lost. I'd never seen a kid that young want to win that bad. I told a parent of one of my players that kid was gonna be special and apparently he has done what I thought he would.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

newlex/sheridan wrote:I would like to see Peebles play again, I was able to watch them at the Convo earlier this season, but coaching a jv boys team and being a few hours away makes it close to impossible. Do they play anywhere east of Chilli the rest of the year? I enjoyed watching them play. I really enjoyed watching the Justice boy, he may have the best footwork I've ever seen from a high school player. I remember the first time I watched him play, I coached against him in a seventh grade OYB tourny @ Lancaster, he lit us up for atleast 40 but we came back from 15 down in the last minute and a half to win in overtime. I will never forget him sitting on the end of that bench crying to himself because they lost. I asked him his name and told him he played a great game, all he could say is thanks but we still lost. I'd never seen a kid that young want to win that bad. I told a parent of one of my players that kid was gonna be special and apparently he has done what I thought he would.

Yes, Blake has developed into a great player(he is on pace to break Peebles' all time scoring record as a junior and has led Peebles to their first state ranking in ages). When he gets into his rythem he is almost impossible for the opposing team to gaurd(He had 29 in the first half of tuesday's Whiteoak game). He had 40 against Fayetteville last year when we played at their place so we will just have to see what happens tonight.

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Let's GO BIG RED!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles wins by 3, 61-58. It was a very rough and overall ugly game. I dont know what it is, but Fayetteville always seems to be a thorn in the side. Peebles built up an 11 point lead heading into the half but that was quickly cut down in the third due to some improvised shooting from Fayetteville's number 22. Blake Justice was Peebles' high scorer with 26(Which now puts him at 1359 on his career if im not mistaken) and coming in a close second was Andrew Seaman with 20(Is now around 1100 for his career). No matter the score a win is a win and I couldnt be more proud of the Indians and everything they have accomplished this season. Good luck on the rest of your year Peebles.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

A win.

Wins like this make sure you don't overlook anyone in the tourney.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Ironman92 wrote:A win.

Wins like this make sure you don't overlook anyone in the tourney.

I do hope they can learn something from this.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Close but no cigar for Fayetteville :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”